“GREAT LOCATION, clean, plain, fun!! What more do you need?”
Review of Beachview Hotel

Beachview Hotel
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
South Carolina
“GREAT LOCATION, clean, plain, fun!! What more do you need?”
Reviewed 2 April 2010

It served our purpose of being close to the beach. It's a typical old school hotel that has been updated. The views of the beach and bay were beautiful. Our room was underfurnished, and were told that they sometimes take things out to fill in other rooms. Keep in mind that it was Spring Break week. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable and suprisingly quiet.
The ONLY complaint was the front desk was severely understaffed. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast w/ signs posted everywhere of DINE IN ONLY - NO TAKE OUT. Here's the problem: the breakfast room only had 4- 5 tables of 4 and food kept running out. Noone was in there to keep the food stocked. The front desk clerk had to be asked to come replenish the food every 15 minutes or so... They were swamped ,and an extra hand in the breakfast room would have solved the situation.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Beachview Inn was as described. Our room was clean and much roomier then I expected. Comfortable bed with nice sofa and table with 2 chairs. Staff was always friendly and helpful at the front desk whenever I stopped in with questions needing information on area. Our room afforded us a view of the pool and gulf. It was too cold to use the pool, but the facility looked excellent, very clean with many chairs around the pool. If we are back in Clearwater, we will definitely check into Beachview Inn. Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
NL
Reviewed 6 November 2009

When my family and I go on vacation we have a modest budget so we do not look for elegant places but we definately want a clean and safe place to stay. After weeks of searching for something affordable, directly on the beach & clean I found this place. The building just changed ownership and is getting a makeover and upgrades. The balcony overlooks the beach and the view is spectaular. It is only a couple of minutes walk to the beach and about 10 minutes to Pier 60. Parking and continental breakfast was included. Staff were great. If your looking for value, location and clean I would recomend. I will definately use again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
New Brunswick
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The room was clean and recently renovated (except the carpet was old and there was no fan in the bathroom). Renevations were ongoing (on the lower floors) while we were there but this did not effect our stay. The staff were friendly and courteous, especially Cindy. I would rate them higher but than very good but we really did not have much that required their attention. The location was excellent and so much to do within walking distance from the hotel. This was an excellent value for the money and will be returning to the Beachview Inn when we vacation in Clearwater again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2009

First, within five minutes of arriving a ceiling tile fell & broke on my boyfriends head in the bathroom. There is new paint but that is about it. All of the staff and several signs stated that they had newly rennovated rooms. Bull Crap! The carpet and furniture had stains & cigarette burns all over. The refrigerator & A/C worked very poorly. There was a spider web from a night stand to the wall. We could hardly get the shower to turn on, you had to brace yourself because you had to pull so hard. My boyfriend & I kept rolling toward eachother in the bed because it sunk down so far. They had internet but it hardly ever worked. The TV had about 10 channels & 2 of them had a loud humming noise. And the pool made me want to throw up. We stayed on the 5th floor and the elevator was broke half the time we were there (not according to the staff though). That was the worst...the staff. When I complained they told me that they haven't had anybody complain of the beds, pool, or elevator. They were not very friendly or helpful. Nobody even asked if my boyfriend was hurt or came to look at the ceiling. This was the most horrible "MOTEL" I have ever stayed in. Way too much money and horrible staff. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2009

we stayed here 3 nights,the view from balcony was great,our refriderator wasnt working the day we arrived,we had bought lunch meat drinks and milk called front desk late that night,cindy was very helpful she wasnt able to move a fridge by herself,so she took our food to the office and stored it in their fridge the next day a full size fridge was brought to our room along with our food,after we left at the airport we discovered our grandson left his cellphone in the room called back when we got home cindy assured me the manger would call me the next morning and he did just that and to my surprise he had the phone and was so gracious to mail it that sme day.i will stay here every time i visit clearwater beach.this is the nicest beach i have ever been to.beachview inn you will always have my business

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2009

One of the more spartan rooms we've had in Clearwater Beach, the two double beds worked out perfectly for me and my teenage son. The room was clean, in good condition and sparsely furnished but we weren't in Clearwater for the room. I noted on arrival that linens were clean and the place well kept. The reception staff were great too, providing tips and information we needed during our stay. We were able to obtain a later check-out plus a new parking permit to keep our rental car in their lot past check-out time, due to our late-afternoon flight.

We were surprised that the rate included continental breakfast that included coffee, tea, juice, rolls, and assorted cereals and milk.

Some items we could have definitely used in our room were a hairdryer--I just take for granted they're in all rooms-- and a mini-fridge. Bu we were able to make due with ice from the machine to keep some perishibles cold in our room.

• Stayed July 2009