“Great quick getaway ,, Reasonable and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clearwater Beach Hotel

Clearwater Beach Hotel
Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Spring Hill, Florida
“Great quick getaway ,, Reasonable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Well, I've read quite a few of the reviews here and all contain many truths.
We were pleased pound for pound, dollar for dollar.
The place is dated by I was not there for interior decorating. I needed a clean, convenient place to stay for a value. I purchased a voucher from Living Social for a very low price and I will tell you we were well pleased with this establishment.
It was within walking distance of everything. The beaches are perfect and there is attentive lifeguards. The water is clean and warm.
Devon and Stephanie at the front desk were always helpful and attentive.
They recommended diner at Frenchy's and that was great. Open air, no air conditioning but great food.
Only possible negative is the only drug store is across island, but there are free taxi's (just tips)
The night life at Shepards is super.
All in all a nice place to lay your head after spending too much time on the best beach around.
We are booked for July as well. Definitely going back.
Looking for glamour try the Hilton.
I put the savings in my stomach ..
Enjoy

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joe34606

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Sanford, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had to call the front desk at 3am to report what sounded like someone in distress after an hour of arguing outside of our door. Hope they were ok. Had this been my only issue, I could chalk it up people being. .. well, people. However, my husband had to put a pillow under the mattress So that he wouldn't fall out of the bed as his side had zero springs. He was literally sitting on the box springs. Additionally, the toilet paper holder was rusted and just yucky! The wrist part for me was that the ac (which had missing parts) definately had mold in it which I breathed in all night. I could not breathe and it sparked a major asthma attack requiring my rescue inhaler 6 times in one day. It has now progressed to me having to see my dr today for a bathing treatment and a scrip for four meds. When we told the front desk receptionist we were basically told that they would look into it (highly suspect) and they gave us $10 off. Certainly didn't cover the days off work, feeling horrible and cost for Dr and meds. Do yourself a favor and do not stay here! !!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sharonnelson15

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at the Clearwater Beach Hotel, asked about an early check in at Noon, they said no, which is understandable, I mean, if the room isn't ready it's not ready. But then we tried to check in at 2:50 and were told that we couldn't and had to wait another 10 minutes. Won't stay here ever again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

With my mom on vacation with us, wanted to take her to Clearwater Beach. I already knew which hotel to take, this time we got a junior suite...sweet!! Upon check-in I searched for Ayana at the front desk and to my surprise..."Good to see you again". Thanks Ayana you went above and beyond!!! 2 pools for us to use, and with a swimming noodle...I can swim really good! Right away to the beach, to then enjoy a glamorous evening with dinner and the Pier 60. We fell in love just as we did last year, and I recommend this hotel to everyone I know. Now, I know we will return to Clearwater Beach and definitely..stay here!

Room Tip: all rooms are great, and very comfortable to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy_Salsa
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights, weekend 5/2 & 5/3. 3rd stay. Great location. Great views while walking about the balcony. Inter coastal view from outside our room. Right across from Shepherds. Free admission to the clubs before 9 and great dancing all night at the huge tiki dance area with live music.
We unpacked everything then tried the bed. Mistake. Broken springs. No manager on duty , no replacement and an offer for a refund was the resolution from the front desk. However, when we mentioned that we do post to trip adviser the really nice house keepers magically appeared to swap out the next door mattress for us. Moral of the story...check out the room thoroughly before unpacking. Clean, comfy and great location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tsikos1
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

we had a very good stay wasnt far from beach some of the places around for dinner wasnt that great but when you got near the beach it was good i cant wait to go back next year not sure if i will stay here or pick somewhere eles

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theresa k
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent five nights at this nice motel, and I would definitely stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable (included frig and microwave), the staff was friendly and helpful, and I could park and walk to Pier 66 and other shops and restaurants from there. The pool is right next to a beautiful inlet where there lots of boats--very pretty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo