I stayed four nights for a conference. During my short stay, I observed that this hotel does a brisk conference and wedding business.
The good: very nice front desk staff, walking distance to a small shopping center with two restaurants I frequented: Columbia and Maggie Mae's, as well as several nice shops and a good nail salon, beachfront (though there is the strangest square sand area leading out to the beach - it takes five minutes to reach the beach proper from the time you step into the sand), comfortable beds, I was pleased with cleanliness.
The average: the pool is small for a hotel this size, the vanity is too small, the hotel is showing age in hallways/elevator bank areas in particular, but other areas as well.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I'd call this a solid 3 star by US standards. Not a four star - I'd reserve that for newer facilities with larger pools and more robust amenities.
Bottom line - if the price is good, I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White sand beaches and the azure waters of the Gulf of Mexico greet you at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, set on Clearwater Beach and surrounded by gorgeous views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Sand Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sand Key Hotel Clearwater
- Sheraton Clearwater
- Clearwater Sheraton
- Sheraton Sand Key Resort Clearwater, Florida