“The Sheraton Sand Key is a great place for business or vacation.”

Sheraton Sand Key Resort
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The resort is great but on the rare occasion it gets cold in the winter, it's not as enjoyable. The walk to the water on the beach is kind if long, especially in the wind. The pool is heated but again the wind was very cold. The hotel itself is very nice! The people are friendly, the food was delicious, the rooms are very comfortable. The only negative for me other than the weather, which is not the hotels fault, was that the water pipes are noisy. I could hear the neighboring room every time they flushed or showered. I was there for a conference and everything was well taken care of too. Even ice cream sundaes for evening break! I would definitely recommend the Sheraton Sand Key especially when the sun is out!

1  Thank mccartyjjtb
DNapoleon, Manager at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your conference and that you were comfortable. It was unfortunate that the weather was not as you anticipated; I understand how disappointing that can be. We do hope you will return and that when you do the sun will be shining.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The staff and facilities were very good. Everyone from the front desk to the waiters in the restaurants and the pool staff were very pleasant and helpful. The pool area is pleasant with a bar and snack shop located on site. The white sand beach is behind the pool but is about a 1/4 mile walk to the gulf. Rooms are nicely appointed with flat screen TV's and comfortable beds. Late check out is an added bonus, just ask!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased that you enjoyed your interaction with our associates; they truly enjoy ensuring that our guests experience is all that is anticipated. Sheratons “Sweet Sleeper” beds are custom designed mattresses which are made exclusively for the Sheraton. Your comfort is one of our main priorities. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for a conference. The largest downside is that the beds were rock hard and very uncomfortable. Our conference room was extremely chilly and so we checked out the sweatshirts in the gift shop....the lowest price was $48! I would not stay here aside from a conference. The highlight of the hotel is the restaurant, Rusty's.

• Stayed: November 2013

Rusty’s Bistro does have an award wining culinary staff and the servers are professional, warm and friendly; we are pleased you enjoyed your experience there. Your comfort is a priority with us; I do apologize that you found the Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper’ bed too firm. We do try to control the temperature so that it is comfortable for everyone. We do understand this does not resolve the issues you experienced. We do hope you will reconsider and will allow us to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We were visiting family in Palm Harbor after 5 days at Disney and just wanted some beach time. They let us check in early and our flight wasn't until 5:15 pm and they let us check out at 3 pm. The pool atmosphere was wonderful. The drinks were delicious. The staff is wonderful. The beach was beautiful. The location is great just around the corner from Clearwater happenings and lots of stuff to see when you head south. Would suggest this to my family and friends!!

1  Thank Cynahen

We are thrilled you found the time to relax on our beaches after your trip to Disney; the beaches are beautiful with breathtaking sunsets. We are a very tranquil place to unwind before returning home, it sounds as if you planned your vacation perfectly and your experience was just what you anticipated. We do hope you will return and thank you for the recommendations.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

only downside is how busy the lounge is upstairs, difficult to get a seat, otherwise, right on the beach and great pool and hot tub. stayed here for our wedding and got married on the beach, perfect vacation

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MINAYOUNG
DNapoleon, Manager at Sheraton Sand Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Congratulations! May you share many sunrises and sunsets together. I am pleased your experience was what you anticipated. March is one of our busier months; I do understand that it is difficult to find a place to sit. It is busy everywhere in the resort. Next time you come back, if possible you must come at a more tranquil time. Thank you for taking this time to comment on your stay it is appreciated.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was blown away to discover the most basic of hotel accommodations were not provided to guests of this hotel. No Wi-Fi provided unless you paid another $10/day, no breakfast provided (but you could order 1 egg any style for $7.99!) no fridge in the guest room, leaving me to constantly take my cooler to get ice. I can't describe in words how AWFUL the beds were! I would have been more comfortable on a piece of plywood and ended sleeping on the floor. Our key cards worked maybe 1 out of 3 times and we constantly had to have someone come up and let us in. The shower never held a temperature longer than about 30 seconds going from burning hot to freezing cold.

Yes the scenery is nice, and there are loads of services if you're willing to pay big bucks on top of the room rate. But as far as hotels are concerned, I would much rather stay at Spring Hill Suites or Hampton Inn any day of the week. And to think I paid $200 a night for this room! Ridiculous.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you like having to drive somewhere every time you want to eat. (Really, w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rrwagner

Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. We have noted your comments regarding the pricing of our hotel and services and we would like to advise you that our rates are very competitive with the same category hotels of the area which are located on the beach. Concerning your comments regarding the extra cost for the amenities named, we do not charge a resort fee which would cover those costs. We are in the process of replacing all the beds and mattresses in the hotel with newer Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper” beds. That project should be finished by the first part of 2014. We truly apologize for your disappointing experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed four nights for a conference. During my short stay, I observed that this hotel does a brisk conference and wedding business.

The good: very nice front desk staff, walking distance to a small shopping center with two restaurants I frequented: Columbia and Maggie Mae's, as well as several nice shops and a good nail salon, beachfront (though there is the strangest square sand area leading out to the beach - it takes five minutes to reach the beach proper from the time you step into the sand), comfortable beds, I was pleased with cleanliness.

The average: the pool is small for a hotel this size, the vanity is too small, the hotel is showing age in hallways/elevator bank areas in particular, but other areas as well.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I'd call this a solid 3 star by US standards. Not a four star - I'd reserve that for newer facilities with larger pools and more robust amenities.

Bottom line - if the price is good, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Careful if you are facing the pool, especially the hot tub. On Saturday nights (wedding/party night...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I want to thank you for sharing your comments with us as it is very important for us to hear the voice of our customer. I can assure you your comments will be shared so that improvements can be made. Yes, we do have many conferences and special event groups; although much of our business is social. We are constantly renovating on a regular basis to keep the hotel updated and will continue to do so to fix those worn out areas. We are working on the elevator bank areas at this time, among other projects. We do hope you will return to see the changes we have made.