“Great hotel/Great Price”

Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
New York
“Great hotel/Great Price”
Reviewed 3 May 2008

My girlfriend and I went to Clearwater to surpise another girlfriend who lives in Tarpon Springs for her birthday and to also go to the beach for a few days. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days/4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The place is clean, the front desk personnel (Jennifer - very helpful and kind, the gentleman on the overnight shift , and the women on the day we check out )all went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us and filling our requests. The pool was clean and there was barely anyone there so it was peaceful. The location was wonderful for getting on to Route 19 and also to get to the beach via the Gulf to Bay Blvd. We were six miles (less than 10 minutes) from the beach. There are also numerous restaurants and a mall almost right across the street with a Super Target and many other stores. We had the two room suite, which was great. We each had our own bathroom which helped in getting ready faster. There were two double beds, which were very comfortable and a pull out couch (we didn't use it so I can't vouch for its comfortableness). There was only two drawbacks to the hotel. The first was that it is on an entrance ramp so you have to figure out how to get on to it if you're coming from the airport. If you're coming from the other way, though, it's a piece of cake. After the first time, it was easy to figure out. The other problem was that the room had an odor when we first entered(but hear me out before you click off of this review). It was a suite, though, and I have a feeling no one had used it for a while and being closed up for so long may have contributed to the odor. We fixed the problem by buying some Frabreze and spraying it in front of the running air conditioner and we also opened the windows a couple of times. This seemed to fix the problem. I highly recommend you use this hotel if you want a economical and comfortable and convenient option for your stay in Clearwater. I will use this hotel again when I visit the area.

• Liked — The cleanliness (other than the initial odor)
  • Disliked — The initial odor
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank leoladyno1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 27 February 2008

The hotel is adjacent to US-19 and our room was at the back (it is a multi-building facility) of the property, so we suffered no noise backwash. While we did not make use of either the outdoor pool or the semi-indoor spa, they both looked clean and well maintained. Our room was clean, amply sized, and included a microwave and microfridge.

As others have mentioned, the continental breakfast is more than adequate. Staff keep it well stocked and maintained. As is the case many times in any hotel, the breakfast room could be a bit crowded. If you don't find the breakfast here satisfying enough, Lenny's restaurant is adjacent. You WILL find all you need there.

Getting on and off US-19 and to and from the hotel can be a pain, but the hotel is worth the hassle.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank Jayhawk_in_WI
Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 February 2008

This hotel was a great and made our vacation even better!! The desk attendants were great and made sure we had everything we needed. The continental breakfast was great! It had muffins, bread, cereal, waffles, milk, juice, yogurts, hard-boiled eggs and scalloped potatoes, so you definately don't need to venture out and spend money on breakfast. The pool and hot tub were great also. It was a peaceful every night out of the 5 nights we stayed. It is in a perfect location close to the Gulf to Bay Blvd. which leads you to the beach in about 5 miles. The rooms were very nice and were equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — No elevators
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank CaSaundraLeigh
Delhi, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Only stayed here for one night as a stop over before heading to St. Pete Beach for a friend's wedding. I wanted to stay in Clearwater to be close to Bright House Networks Field so I could see the Threshers the next day.

Therefore, I don't have a lot to say about the hotel, but I'll give what I can.

I made reservations the day I stayed, before I flew out for Tampa. Everything went well, good rate and I actually was upgraded for free when I got to the property.

PROS
- Front desk people were awesome. They were friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. When I checked in, the guy gave me several good ideas of places to eat in the area. This included the guy helping me FIND the property as I left Tampa.

- Room was nice, clean and in a good spot. Back door opened to the pool area (I was on the first floor), which was nice. The A/C worked well, which was good as it was very hot that night.

- Bed was big and comfortable.

- High speed internet access worked well and was quick.

- Decent water pressure in the shower.

CONS (just a few nit-picking things).
- There was a slight musty smell in the room each time I entered. Once in there it didn't seem to bother me, but when I first got in the room, it was an odd smell.

- Bathroom was small, but that's the hotel, so not much anyone can do to help.

- Phone wasn't next to the bed, which made the wake-up call somewhat tough to handle as you had to jump out of bed instead of just kind of slowly getting up.

Overall, a good spot to stay and one where I'd stay again for sure. Probably not for a romantic getaway, but it was a good place to stay, good location etc.

• Liked — Location, comfort
  • Disliked — not much
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank softball29
kansas city
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Desk staff went out of way to find us a lower level room. Room very clean, roomy enough had king bed. Typical hotel bed but was comfortable enough. Chose to not use room service every day but when used was cleaned nicely. Plenty of towels. Breakfast was good (even had waffles) and had 31/2 hours window. Access was easy to get to once we figured out exit system. Right on major highway. We would stay here again.Room comes with iron and ironing board, hairdryer and coffee pot. Only used coffee pot. Nice pool and hot tub. Shopping area across the highway. Family dining next door to the hotel next to us within walking distance. Nice neighborhood, felt safe

• Liked — great value
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
6 Thank dmrn75
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2007

We had booked accommodations at the Buena Vista, next door to the La Quinta. When we found the Buena Vista in a state of serious decline, we walked over to La Quinta and were lucky enough to book a room there.

We were not sorry. Our room was spacious and comfortable, clean and well-appointed. The staff was helpful and friendly - especially Miss Joan! - and we were very pleased with La Quinta. We have already booked our vacation for 2008.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room; nice pool area
  • Disliked — 100% Nonsmoking policy
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LDV24
Omaha Nebraska
Reviewed 9 March 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this La Quinta location. Because we were going to the Phillies spring training game the location was perfect. (It is literally 700 steps away from the ballpark) All the hotels in this area are on a service road and are a bit tricky to get to...but not hard once you get the hang of the road system. Area is convenient to many fast food and chain restaurants within a mile or two.
The hotel is a bit older, well maintained with a nice sized clean room. There was a slight odor in the room which could be due to spraying for bugs, or the fact that they accept pets. Nice size bathroom area with a separate sink area. There was a great deal of closet space and a small refrigerator. Room was cleaned up daily and they did a great job.
The continental breakfast included bagels, toast, english muffins, donuts, muffins, oatmeal, waffles, many cereals, juice, milk coffee. The supplies are always kept well stocked and the staff member who runs the breakfast area is extremely efficient and very helpful!
The pool area and hot tub are great. There are many chairs around the heated pool which is located in the interior courtyard of the pool as is a large hot tub. If I had to do it again, I would ask for an interior room on the first floor so that you could walk right from the sliding door to the pool area. All rooms have an interior entrance door with and a sliding door to a very small deck or patio area (2 plastic chairs in this area). It was fully booked the entire time we were there, but we heard no exterior noise.
The hotel staff was very friendly and eager to please. The housekeeping staff found a bottle opener for my beverage, the front desk staff printed out our boarding passes for our flight, and the person in the breakfast area was great!
This is not a luxury hotel. It is not even an upscale or newer hotel. If, however, you would like a clean, comfortable, very reasonable priced, safe and friendly motel/hotel then give it a try.

• Liked — Friendly staff..great price
  • Disliked — Older
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple