“This is a GREAT Place to stay!”

La Quinta Clearwater Central
Ranked #31 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Saint Louis, Missouri
“This is a GREAT Place to stay!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here 3 nights.We felt it was a good safe area.
The beach was just a short drive away.
We travel a lot and were very impressed with the way that we were treated by the staff. FANTASTIC customer service professionals!!!!!
Very friendly and very helpful.
Easy Check in and out.
No problems what so ever with our room.
The room was roomy-clean and quiet NO smells of any kind.
Our bed was VERY comfortable.
The TV, microwave, and fridge worked great.
the ac/heater worked great also and was not noisy.
The shower was large and everything worked well.
The breakfast was good and the hot tub was amazing.
We took our dog with us and the hotel put us in a room that was located on the backside of the hotel where there was an area designed for pets- with trees and bushes and grass.
Totally Great Value- would stay here again and highly recommend.

Room Tip: let them know that you are bringing your pet so that they put you near the pet area in the back of t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Well we just needed a room for a night so we could go to Blast Friday in Clearwater. This was $61 and no extra charges for my two small dogs. So Pet Friendly it is! And while I could hear so many dogs in the hall way, I could not hear them when I was in my room.

When I walked into the room I got hit with a smell I could not identify. However, it may have been cleaning products that was mentioned in another review or it kind of smelt like the room was just sprayed for bugs. Anyway, it was so bad it sat in the back of my throat and it was hard to breath.

This place is due for some major renovation. God knows how old the carpet and drapes are? Blanket had holes in it. Then when I woke up in the morning I went to take a shower. The shower knob was broken and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to get the knob to pull out to start the water. I had to turn it back and forth until it started to move out. Both the sink and the bath tub drain seemed clogged as water was slow to drain down each. Oh and by the way, what is it with these hotels that put the shower head 5 feet off the ground? I am just under 6 feet and I am ducking down to wet my hair. This is not the first hotel I have seen this at. Were people that much shorter 50 years ago?

I will say it is clean and the girl at the front desk was very nice. I barely slept with the smell in the room, but maybe not every room is like that? I should have paid an extra $20 to stay somewhere else with the dogs.

Room Tip: I would try for a second floor room just to feel more secure. However, if you have a dog, the walk o...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
LaPaz, IN
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Although our room was clean enough, it smelled bad. There was a strong aroma of orange scent just outside our door in the hallway, most likely used to try to cover the bad smell. The air conditioner in our room worked well but was as noisy as as a semi truck when running. The hot tub was fine on the weekend, but way too cool during the weekdays...not sure why...could have been because it didn't get used as much? There were piles of sandy gravel n the corners on the bottom of the hot tub that indicated it could use a cleaning. There were ants all around the bathroom sink. The breakfast was fair at best because they frequently ran out of items and then replaced them with still frozen ones. For instance, the scrambled eggs are a pre-cooked patty that they keep in the frig. The guests are supposed to take them out and microwave them. The one I got was still frozen when they put it in the frig. The coffee was not good. The fresh fruit was green apples for 3 days in a row. Most of the hot items have to be heated by the guests and the ones that are kept warm are usually gone by 8 AM. The stay was not horrible, but there is really room for improvement.

Room Tip: Ask where they are doing maintenance on the building as it can get quite noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Everyone is right, Molly was great. Cheerful and efficient. Check in was easy. Breakfast was tasty and had lots of options. The room was on the ground floor and smelled musty but not from pet odors. Hwy 19 road work was a problem. Both Garmin and Google maps had trouble getting us around the construction and to the inn on the frontage road, JUST BELOW DREW ST.

Room Tip: We stayed towards the back of the property. Convenient for dog walking and quiet for us.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family