“Cockroach motel”

Ranked #33 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Cockroach motel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We were booked for three nights at this location. We stayed the first night everything looked great, the pool was excellent the property was older but nothing too bad. Then we woke up to find a cockroach crawling across our bed. We called front desk and they killed it but with first making the comment " that's the smallest one we have seen" which to us means more and get the hell out of there. So we got our money back and left the guy at the front desk trying to explain what type of bug it was too late we were done. Do not stay here

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I got more than i expected during my stay. It was a lovely room and the staff was incredibly nice. Joe was very helpful with getting me items i needed for my children and adviced me on ways to keep them entertained while on vacation. He also recommended many family friendly places for us to visit during our stay.

Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I wish to compliment the management and especially Joe for a great stay at your hotel. We had a great time in the Clearwater area. With the help of Joe he made it possible to see all the sights that we had heard about from our friends. The room was more then comfortable and we enjoyed the breakfast and pool. Once again many thanks to Joe for all his help we will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Any room looked like it would be a great location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia W
Beverly Hills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Me and my fiancee just drove in for a night and we got exactly what was expected. We didnt have a reservation and they appeared to be pretty busy but we got a nice room on the second floor like we wanted and the man Joe at the desk was very nice, and suggestive when we asked where we should have some dinner. This hotel is certainly not a 5 star resort but it was clean, had a nice breakfast and a nice courtyard area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelMaven72014
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

stayed here several times.as usual Joe was very helpful in finding places we needed to go and mapping out how to find our way. very pleased with condition of room, pool, and breakfast was great. great value for the price.
was slightly disappointed at check in because of 2 people behind desk more interested in playing with cell phones then helping people check in.
my sister and I definatly will be using this hotel often.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara A
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My reservation was booked on the wrong date which then lead to me having to take a suite at a higher price with 2 double beds when a king bed was needed. I arrived at the hotel at 11pm for the clerk to then tell me they were sold out and my room was canceled AGAIN and finally after the not so friendly clerk made numerous calls it wasn't canceled just booked with lots of misspellings on my name etc!!!! Finally got to room with 2 young kids and myself only to find the balcony door of my suite unlocked and I'm on a bottom floor which was very scary!!!! I then looked around the room only to find it not cleaned properly, hair in the fridge, mold in several locations, very outdated room in general, sheets stained, bathrooms dirty etc!!!! I then had no choice but to just clean it and do what I had to for the night with 2 young kids!! I left the next day early because I was there to meet up with friends so when I called back to let the clerk know of everything that happened all that was said was oh wow sorry!!! I made it back home to only get more frustrated after thinking about this and faxed a letter to the GM and have yet to hear back from them or even get anyone to give me the corp number !!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms here are terrible.
2 Thank Sonya M
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was very pleased with my stay! It did take some getting use to seeing all the animals at the hotel but not that big of a deal. It was a little bit tricky finding the place because of all the road construction taking place on hwy 19. The a/c worked great! The fridge could have kept items a little colder but not a deal breaker. The hotel is located in a great location if you are wanting to visit Clear Water. It is also close to a Mall, Celebration station, and there is a Best Buy across the street for those who like electronics like myself.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta