“Needs better service!”

Ranked #87 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Gainesville, Georgia
“Needs better service!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The room service is terrible when your room needs to be cleaned you have to keep asking a lot and then they act like they dont understand you, when you got kids you have to clean everyday and then they say you get free breakfast what breakfast only thing you get is juice and coffee and one little pecan swirl thats not a breakfast, you should at least get a waffle, every motel in clearwater fl and in pinellas park fl has been terrible!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mmmm1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for one night, well four hours to be precise. We were staying in Orlando and wanted to spend a night at Clearwater after a day at Busch Gardens. I thought the room was shabby but didnt want to make a fuss. However after two hours sleep I awoke and turned on the light only to find the bed was crawling with bugs. I squashed a couple and then realised they were bed bugs. We were dressed and out of the hotel by 2.50am. We got a refund and the desk clerk did not seem surprised. Our daughter also had a room and she also got a refund. This is the first bad review I have posted but I wanted people to be aware.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rmc291

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

frankfort
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Location was hard to find! staff was somewhat ok. room was clean but the toilet had issues. I could hear the people next door through the walls which was kinda annoying.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank richard c
MN
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we went to FL for my husband's grandma's funeral.
Our impressions of the hotel:

Carpet
The first thing we noticed when we got to our room was that the carpet was filthy! We have a one-year old daughter who loves to crawl around, but we couldn't let her down for one second.

Bed
The mattress was fairly comfortable, but the sheets were stained and not very soft.

Bathroom
Fairly clean, but the toilet didn't flush on a couple of occasions.

Crib for baby
We had requested a crib for our daughter. We got one, but it didn't have a mattress! They had just folded up what looked like an old army blanket and wrapped a sheet around it. There was no way I was going to let my child sleep on that - talk about unsafe and uncomfortable!. Luckily we know a family in the area that had a pack-n-play we could borrow.

Furniture
Filthy

Pool
Freezing

Continental breakfast
What a joke! Coffee, bagel and butter. That was it. They didn't even have knives to spread the butter with, but put out some plastic forks instead.

Other
The electricity went out when I used the hairdryer. The lights outside are so bright at night it was hard to go to sleep.
I'm sorry we stayed here, and it was the only bad part of an otherwise nice trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EKHD
clearwaterdaysinn, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
I am sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel. Our hotel offers a cup of coffee and a bagel with the trimmings at no cost with our stay. I have spoken with the correct departments to make sure that the other issues that you had with us will be corrected at once. Thank you for letting us know what issues that you had to make the corrections needed.
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed here for one week. The room was spacious with a fridge and microwave,tv had many channels,laundry room available and overall reasonably clean although could do with some better maintenance our door had a two inch gap . There is no coffee machine,ironing board and the breakfast is coffee and a beagle.The staff which we encounted were all miserable.The pool is so close to the highway it was unusable.I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda S
clearwaterdaysinn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
I would like to say I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. We do offer iron and iron boards in the lobby to our guests. We do not offer coffee maker in standard rooms. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant interaction with our staff, I will speak with all staff members and remind them, they need to be friendly with our guests at all times. As far as the door gap, I will get with the team to make sure that is fixed.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you for your response, these help us make corrections as needed.
Heather J.
Manager
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband & I stayed for 3 (non-consecutive) nights during a visit to the area. We understood that for the price, this was not going to be a 5 star hotel. Our first night was comfortable, and we were pleased with our room; clean and comfortable. We traveled out of the area for the next day, but reserved a room for 2 consecutive nights following. My husband was very ill with a migraine, and upon checking into our room, found a running toilet, no clock, ice bucket, cups, towels, or phone in the room. The ceiling was coming apart, and though freshly painted, was mildewed and the room was very damp. Upon complaining to the management about this, I returned to the room to find the bed was WET! They put us in another room. Sheets were stained and threadbare. I requested fresh sheets and made the beds myself. (The staff was VERY accommodating-no sarcasm intended) The "residents" (it appeared some folks were living there) were questionable, and there was some unruly nighttime activity during our stay. While preparing to pack and leave, I killed a German cockroach on the wall; we then shook out all of our clothing and repacked. When checking out, the sheriff's department and CSI unit were present (a little scary at 5:00am) and the fellow behind the counter was visibly upset. As a result, the incorrect credit card was charged for the room (unnoticed by me until I returned home-and still trying to get THAT straightened out).

While the staff, for the most part, was very accommodating and pleasant, and I understand that this is an old establishment, we were disappointed. The photos shown on the website here are from when this was a Days Inn...not particularly accurate. We stayed at a different chain the one night that was priced the same, but what a difference in cleanliness! I can't help but feel that management could step it up a bit and make this a real "value".

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KP1255
clearwaterdaysinn, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
I was sorry to hear about your second stay with us, I was pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helped you with your issues. We have since hired a new pest control company, but it is possible from time to time for bugs to get into the rooms. It sounds like that a mistake might have happened by putting you into a room with out alarm clock, phone, ect. That might have been one of the rooms that they were re modeling. I will speak with the staff and make sure in the future that no one is put into rooms they are working on. Again I am sorry that you had these issues when stayed with us. If you have any questions or would like to speak more about these issues, please feel free to contact us at 727-791-1100

Eric
Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The rating I gave is for what we experienced in March 2011.

After looking for another hotel (we never did find) - we drove around this big block of housing and gave up!

We pulled into this extremely well lighted Days Inn. Honestly the lights were so bright we thought it was daylight all night long.

The room was clean, priced right, and seemed safe.

When packing up the car, we began to see some of the riff-raff that stayed there too.

I have to say, it was a good stay, safe, and clean - and priced appropriately. Not at all what I am reading about this place today.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
clearwaterdaysinn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased that most of your stay was good. I have looked into people hanging around and have taken steps so that people are not just hanging around the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Palm Court Motel
Palm Court Motel
#1 of 8 in Dunedin

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!