“Worst stay of my LIFE”

Ranked #86 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Worst stay of my LIFE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have many health problems and we were in FL for nearly a week. We stayed I different cities around the state. Out of all my years as a disabled individual, I have never EVER been treated like this hotel! Our AC was not cooling the room down at all, I took 3 cold showers to try to help and stay the night. Management was ignoring our phone all together, and my husband went to office. After stating "no refund" and no help either, we checked out before I went into heat stroke. I am unable to adjust my body temperature due to small nerve neuropathy, and the AC could not cool the room. Even with our high power fan, I was getting chills and nuaciousness from the heat. They offered no help, and when I asked whom to speak to in regards to our complaint; I was told the owner was the only person. They were "independent" from a chain. We left, with no compensation or apology and went 1 mile down the road to a great Travelodge who was cheaper price, great staff, and accepted our dog for free. And NO A/C problems! Do not waste your money, please go to one of the well known and trusted chain in the same area! Rudest employees I've ever dealt with! Contacted their corporate office and the BBB.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this ABVI!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joshua Cynthia J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wilmington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

While I am always looking for "cheap" I was disappointed. There were no dresser drawers, so we had to live out of our suitcases! Staying for 6 nights, we opted for one-time linen change. But they changed it after 1 day, not in the middle of our stay. Also, because they didn't come to change linens they also didn't come to empty trash. Continental breakfast was juice, coffee, and a glazed bun in a plastic wrapper. A sign was posted: One to a customer. No choice of bread. I stayed at Days Inns on the way south and they have juice (2 kinds), cereal (2 kinds), rolls and buns, option to make waffles, and coffee. There was a sign on the fence which enclosed the parking area that read Motel 6, so I have to assume this was a conversion. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Betty J K

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We got a room on the top floor, everything was fine, the room was for the price relatively clean. Fridge and microwave in room. At breakfast waffles and coffee, I was only once and I did not want it. Big disappointment was that the room I forgot to dress in the bathroom. After the call two days later, I was told that the dress did not found. I do not understand the lady who cleans cast her and threw them or had them. I'm sorry for the dress.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

When checking in asked if breakfast was included and advised that it was. My husband is diabetic so it is important for managing blood sugar levels. Could not believe that the only available item was a waffle and a cup of lousy coffee. Asked if there was at least cereal or some type of fruit such as an apple and was told that all they offer is waffles absolutely nothing else. No cereal, no bread/toast, no muffins, just waffles and you must make them in the waffle maker. Have stayed in several Americas Best Value Inn's and never seen such a cheap dirty franchise as this. No pride in ownership at this one. I appreciate that it is a recent takeover from a Days Inn but to be so cheap is amazing. No alarm clock in room, no hangers, no drawers to put clothes in. Seems like furniture obtained from a flea market. Have to make several more trips to Clearwater and will not be staying with this Americas Best Value in the future. The room we had could also use updating like a new bed and a thorough cleaning. Mold around tub that could use a little bleach and some elbow grease. Generally overall it was dirty and not worth considering. Keep driving. We will.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J E
PEMBROKE PINES
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Do not stay here!!!! It is disgusting,smells disgusting, overall disgusting! And worse, on our way out we saw a roach crawling on the refrigerator. Roach motel FOR SURE!!!! We were booked by hotel chain agent over the phone......LIAR!!!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EandIPembrokePines
Iron Mountain, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

What a disaster! Room was noisy, carpeting was disgusting, paint in the bathroom was peeling. When we checked in we said it would probably be for 2 nights but maybe only one. They said it was no problem that if we changed our mind and stayed only one night they would removed the charge from our credit card. Ha! When we tried to do that, of course someone different was at the desk. She tried & called the inn manager who after some heated words agreed to a credit for most of the extra night but not a full refund. So we decided to stay the extra night. When we got back to our room that evening they hadn't even made the bed! The towels were still on the bathroom counter. Obviously the cleaning staff had not even entered the room. I will never never again stay in this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Veejai
Dunedin, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last few months, the price is very reasonable, and the night lady has always been very nice to me. They do have a non smoking building that does not have that stale musty smell others have reported.This place is not the Hyatt or Ritz.....but for the money and central location, it is fine. By the way, they have a small free breakfast for guests. Maybe I have been lucky here, as I have read the other reviews, that are not good stories about their stays?

Room Tip: I would ask for a second floor room in the non smoking building, if you don't smoke. The first f...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#59 of 95 in Clearwater
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!