“Nightmare”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #89 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The reservation did not appear in their sistem. We had reserved 2 rooms and the counter clerk from India gave us a key to one room and when we asked for the other room he got kind of mad. One of the rooms was aweful and the other a disaster. The aweful one was old, ugly and just a disappointment. But the other one got the a/c vent broken, the fridge was damaged I think because it never got cold, the hotel was empty and they gave us the last room at the hotel. At night there were weird guys walking and smoking near the dark areas. And my room stink of cigarettes all the time. We got some odor spray from a walgreens near by (3 spray cans). NEVER AGAIN, STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP. NOT GOOD FOR FAMILIES AND LESS FOR KIDS. WORST HOTEL EVER, WEB SITES SHOULDNT ANNOUNCE IT!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank kenito85

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Staff at the front desk was very helpful, Room is big and comfortable,every room has micro/fridge very convinent for over nite stay. The hotel curb apple is fine and clean atmosphere.love to saty again and will recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had an experience with a hotel that was not the greatest. it was actually a quaint little place that was nice and brand new furniture..however they wouldn't take care of my stay b/c I didn't have a credit card. its not that hotel was a Executive Suites.

I then got on my phone and looked up hotels in the area. I found this one and called the guy on the phone was super nice and offered me a discount for my trouble at the other hotel. I got a room for $45.
I got there was greeted by a the attendant.. very nice man.. and then a lady came in and I told them we were hot and tired from looking at houses all day.
SHe asked the man what room he was going to book us in and took the key went up the room turned on the a/c so the room could start cooling.

she was very nice and they had breakfast too.
I will say there might have been a bug outside the room, but you are in florida.. you are going to encounter bugs and roaches.

for the stay it was good and the waffles for breakfast were great.

Room Tip: no tips this place takes care of you..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have many health problems and we were in FL for nearly a week. We stayed I different cities around the state. Out of all my years as a disabled individual, I have never EVER been treated like this hotel! Our AC was not cooling the room down at all, I took 3 cold showers to try to help and stay the night. Management was ignoring our phone all together, and my husband went to office. After stating "no refund" and no help either, we checked out before I went into heat stroke. I am unable to adjust my body temperature due to small nerve neuropathy, and the AC could not cool the room. Even with our high power fan, I was getting chills and nuaciousness from the heat. They offered no help, and when I asked whom to speak to in regards to our complaint; I was told the owner was the only person. They were "independent" from a chain. We left, with no compensation or apology and went 1 mile down the road to a great Travelodge who was cheaper price, great staff, and accepted our dog for free. And NO A/C problems! Do not waste your money, please go to one of the well known and trusted chain in the same area! Rudest employees I've ever dealt with! Contacted their corporate office and the BBB.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this ABVI!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joshua Cynthia J
Reviewed 10 June 2013

While I am always looking for "cheap" I was disappointed. There were no dresser drawers, so we had to live out of our suitcases! Staying for 6 nights, we opted for one-time linen change. But they changed it after 1 day, not in the middle of our stay. Also, because they didn't come to change linens they also didn't come to empty trash. Continental breakfast was juice, coffee, and a glazed bun in a plastic wrapper. A sign was posted: One to a customer. No choice of bread. I stayed at Days Inns on the way south and they have juice (2 kinds), cereal (2 kinds), rolls and buns, option to make waffles, and coffee. There was a sign on the fence which enclosed the parking area that read Motel 6, so I have to assume this was a conversion. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty J K
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We got a room on the top floor, everything was fine, the room was for the price relatively clean. Fridge and microwave in room. At breakfast waffles and coffee, I was only once and I did not want it. Big disappointment was that the room I forgot to dress in the bathroom. After the call two days later, I was told that the dress did not found. I do not understand the lady who cleans cast her and threw them or had them. I'm sorry for the dress.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

When checking in asked if breakfast was included and advised that it was. My husband is diabetic so it is important for managing blood sugar levels. Could not believe that the only available item was a waffle and a cup of lousy coffee. Asked if there was at least cereal or some type of fruit such as an apple and was told that all they offer is waffles absolutely nothing else. No cereal, no bread/toast, no muffins, just waffles and you must make them in the waffle maker. Have stayed in several Americas Best Value Inn's and never seen such a cheap dirty franchise as this. No pride in ownership at this one. I appreciate that it is a recent takeover from a Days Inn but to be so cheap is amazing. No alarm clock in room, no hangers, no drawers to put clothes in. Seems like furniture obtained from a flea market. Have to make several more trips to Clearwater and will not be staying with this Americas Best Value in the future. The room we had could also use updating like a new bed and a thorough cleaning. Mold around tub that could use a little bleach and some elbow grease. Generally overall it was dirty and not worth considering. Keep driving. We will.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#61 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!