“Five star HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #85 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Chicago, Illinois
“Five star HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The saying you get what you pay for....well we might have been better in a tent along the highway. The pictures on travel sites do not paint a correct picture. Very trashy. They also say they have continental breakfast. I guess you can call it whatever you want, but waffles and coffee does not fit my description. No decaf, no tea, no juice, no milk, no toast, no bagels, no cereal...well you get the idea. Noisy tenants well into the morning hours. They do nothing. We will never book with this hotel ever again. I'd advise you to do the same.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I keep going back to this place only because it is well located to see the Phillies play spring training games at Bright House Stadium a short drive to the south in Clearwater nd it is cheaper than any where else. But beware, I have had reservation issues with both the old and new management; I arrive and my room has either been given to somebody else or I'm told they don't have my reservation. This is even with me standing there with a paper copy of my on-line reservation through America's Best Value headquarters. Then we speak with the national reservation office and they admit that my confirmation # is good and that I should have a room. The manager says he has no record of my reservation and doesn't have the type room I reserved available. I finally settled for another type room. Other occasions there were only smoking rooms available and we had to find another motel at the very last minute. The free continental breakfast consists of make your own waffles and coffee, PERIOD. Everybody in the breakfast area was complaining and yelling at the manager. The room itself was clean and comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator, but no coffee maker. The areas outside of the room could be a lot cleaner. Just thought you'd like to know!

Room Tip: Better make your reservation with the motel itself if you want to be sure your room is really reserv...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We booked this as a blind pick via expedia.com where it was listed at a higher star rating than it so obviously is (I have since taken this up with Expedia). Jill at the front desk was cheerful and friendly, but the rooms were a nightmare. The hallways smelled awful, the rooms were dirty and dingy. Our door to the balcony was broken with it stuck partly open. The bedspreads and sheets were dirty with cigarette burns. We just felt scared to touch anything. Honestly, I didn't even look in the bathroom. The location is ok, but confusing to get to under US 19. We were so disgusted by the rooms, we promptly checked out after checking in and ended up driving home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charlotte2685
Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 room with this hotel through hotwire.com with the assurance this is a 3 Star hotel. It was NOT! The smell in the hallway was horrible! After 10 minutes in this dump, I felt physically nauseated. The rooms were disgusting (stentch, big stains on the carpets, cigarette burnx in bedspread, warped bathroom door, ect.)

I waited on the phone with Hotwire for 30 minutes and finally got a wonderfull agent named Diane and because there weren't any other vacancies, Hotwire refunded my money and booked me into a Hampton Inn down the street. It was heavenly! I love Hotwire for taking care of me and my family. This dump was so bad I was willing to lose yhe money than stay there.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank integrationgirl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

after being bittin alive by bedbuggs for 2 days I figured out it was from the bed in the hotel! I booked the hotel on Travelocity as a mystery deal..They tell you the hotel after you pay!!..So if I could of read the reviews before hand I would not of booked it...3 stars my butt..My daughter never got to go to Disney because of the festation!!!.and I was screamed at by the manager named Bob that I was a scammer and would not be getting a refund..we left and got another room to clean up our bugg mess!!!!..Bob has no people skills and should be not in charge of anything!!!.He is a bully and a rip off artist!!!.corporate needs to intervein and clean up this hell whole is is running..it was full of creeps and filth!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank AnnaMarieLuba
Comox, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Book for 3 nights with a family of 4. The staff could not find my booking until I provided more info. Reservation was done with Hotwire.com. Room was only good for two nights, we will have to move on after the second night; not acceptable. We will be going on day trip and coming back late at night; not reasonable with 2 kids. The rooms was not finish, towel missing, no shampoo, smelly, pool dirty; not safe for the kids. Room door was forced in an not repair. The room sure did not look like the pics. The good thing is the cost of the room was reasonable but that's it. I am hoping to have a couple good nights sleep at least and if they offer me to be reimburse for the third night, I am in and will run with it. Save yourself the headache and stay away from the hotel, not worth it.

Room Tip: Go look at it first before any commitment.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debonweb
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed October 5 thru 12 i was to check on the 13 but the clerk gave me a discount on weekly rate. she was not surposed to when the manger went to change the rate he took one night off my stay and did not tell me until last minute. He also charged my card fifteen dollars more with out telling me. Then the manger wanted to charge me 55.00 more for the extra night when they made the mistake. The maids only cleaned the room on Tuesday and Thursday when i contacted the front desk they told me it was extra ten dollar charge to clean every day. THE WASHING machines were broken also they didn't tell anyone. the paint was peeling off the walls and the phones don't work in all the rooms thank you the big ragu

Room Tip: check the hotel out read all the reviews before u choose a hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frank r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
#44 of 95 in Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#58 of 95 in Clearwater

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!