“drugs and prostitution at its finest”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #87 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Tallahassee, Florida
“drugs and prostitution at its finest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I agree with the others reviews as to this motel being crap. I booked online and thought I had a good rate for me and my 82 year old Mother. Her brother had died and we had to have a place to stay for a few days to be close to other relatives. Goes to show you get what you pay for and in this case, we were overcharged and under accommodated. The door locks were non-functional, we even had a pregnant, regular there(prostitute)try to help us open the door by hitting it like she did when she stayed in that room before, her words. DO NOT let the pics fool you, this place could have been a stage for a horror movie set.
I demanded a full refund and we went on down US 19 and stayed at the Baymont Inn. Costed a little more, but it was well worth it.
I am just glad we didn't stay and that we just eased on down the road to a way better place!
STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Laurie A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

When we got in our room the air conditioner was set at 75 degrees (in Florida in July )not good and the refrigerator wasn't plugged in, there was hardly any toilet paper in the bathroom. The bed frame was made for a king size mattress and we had a queen size so there were iron bars sticking out. There was a dirty streak on the bathroom door. The control for the shower was loose and there was hardly any pressure if you had it on medium water it had to be all the way on hot or all the way on cold to get decent pressure. The carpet was dirty and there were uneven bumps under the carpet, don't know what was under that carpet. One of the drawer bottoms was broken, and the table was very rocky. Their breakfast was a joke, there was a waffle maker with unrefrigerated dough, no plates or forks, no napkins. Nothing else to eat. Coffee with powder cream, no juice. Pillows weren't hard enough we left a note that we would like extra pillows never got them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Robert C B

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

it is the worst place i have stayed its ugly in and out.. the only plus i would say is the pool.next time i will stay at a muchh better hotel.. not worth spending your money.. it was very cheap,i had booked it online and it totally a misconseption.. the pictures are far much nicer on the web than inperson

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank juliana C
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

If your looking for a cheap motel but not so much the price this is the place. The sign in front of the motel states that they have a 3 night special, 1 king bed/1person for $119. well that doesn't exsist. add another $90 to that and then the taxes. Had no trouble with the internet which was good. Now for the not so good. Not all that clean, a bug fell out of mircowave when I opened the door. Stains everywhere, the chair seat at the desk/tv console was heavily stained. Was affraid to sit on it. The shower curtain was aweful. The grime around the bathroom sink fauset was discusting. Mirror was splattered. Toilet is so low that I felt like I was using a kiddy potty. The towels were so ruff and thin they didn't dry anything but great at taking that dry skin off. The sheets were like gauze material and abot just as comfy. Never felt this way about a hotel stay before.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Ruth K
Wyoming, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights while in Florida for spring training baseball. It was a good location if you didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel when you knew you were only going to use it to sleep in. It had a pretty good pool area. Everything was clean and tidy. The bed was quite comfortable and the room had a good air conditioning unit. If you're expecting the ritz, then you're making reservations at the wrong place. We wished it had more variety for their continental breakfast and that it had softer towels... After a long day in the sun the towels felt like sandpaper! But all in all a good stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The good: large room, low price, bottle opener conveniently screwed to dresser, the desk clerk was nice.
The bad: This was the worst place I ever stayed. Stain spots on walls (all over, like cola sprayed), one cockroach on wall, baseboard missing along several walls, carpet stretched & wrinkled (also felt sticky underfoot), iron burn in carpet, water damaged ceiling, dark spot stains on sheets (blood?), burn holes on sheets, TV stopped working after 10 minutes, tub caulk missing/drooping into tub, dry wall 'spalling' onto bathroom floor. I had a billing problem when the front desk said Orbitz notified them my charge did not go through; I had to call Orbitz to stop the attempted double-billing. Guests had a fight at 3am with a chase down the hall yelling, which woke me up. I looked for but did not see bed bugs (good), but I will not bring my luggage or clothing into the house when I get home.
I am a 48yo man accustomed to traveling alone--on the cheap!--so I have thick skin and low standards.
The hotels nearby had no vacancy. I considered sleeping in the car and writing off the pre-paid room.
Trust TripAdvisor on this one. I did not, and I regret it. Just spend the extra $$ and go to a better place.

Room Tip: To get a good room, go somewhere else. I booked through Orbitz and ended up with a smoking, pet room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul N
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My stay started badly when they had no record of my reservation. The desk clerk asked me if I had the America's Best toll-free number so I COULD CALL AND ASK THEM TO FAX MY RESERVATION. Are you kidding me?? I finally got a room, a king efficiency. First of all, the light switch by the door had faulty wiring, so the lamp flickered on and off. I notified management; nothing was ever done. The bathroom light switch had to be switched on and off two or three times before the light went on. The bathroom exhaust fan didn't work at all. And the A/C was barely adequate if running full-time. The kitchenette had a sign posted that the dishware, glassware, and kitchenware were provided as a guest convenience. There was not a plate, spoon, or cup in the place. To top it all off, the staff were generally unfriendly and unhelpful. I chose this hotel for the location, but next time I will go a little farther for a nicer place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marti O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#59 of 96 in Clearwater
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!