“Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Enchanted Inn & Beachside Cottages
Ranked #49 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Lake Mary, FL
“Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We had a delightful stay in a waterfront King Studio--Perfect in every respect. Spacious, clean as a whistle, decorated in an eclectic tropical...just fabulous! Beautiful tile floors throughout. The A/C was an extremely quiet, remote controlled, perk that you don't find in older boutique hotels...trust when they say totally remodeled...this unit was totally, totally, remodeled. Lush, spacious tiled shower.

We stayed in Unit #5, an upstairs end unit, with wonderful views of the inter-coastal, swimming pool and tiki hut. Balcony with table and chairs outside of our room.

The Jolly Trolly stop is at the corner, and on our return back to The Enchanted Inn, he took us right to our front door!

Valerie was wonderful to work with! She was Totally accessible and responsive to our every need- cannot overstate that-- fabulous, and Thank You! We look forward to our return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great view from our room upstairs. Very clean. But no laundry on site. The manager was hard to catch up with when I was trying to pay her which was a bit of a hassle. And the bed was not so comfortable. Kinda stiff if you like that. But a great room and kitchen all that you need. Overall great stay. Just a 10 min Walk to the beach and several restaurants. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Upstairs for a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacideanna
Saint Johns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and two children stayed at the 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit that was literally 20 feet away from the beach.

Although this unit does not have an ocean view (there is one other property owned by Florida Realty right next door that faces the ocean) it was ultra convienent to run back to grab a cold drink out of the fridge or take a bathroom break. There is a little stone patio outside the front door (shaded in unit 13) perfect for grilling. It is across the street from a well kept playground perfect for children 8 and younger and if it hot outside, around the corner from there (1 minute car ride) there is a wonderful city run waterpark. If you mention that you are an Enchanted Inn guest, you recieve a 50% off discount. It cost us $20.00 to use it for the day.

There is a great little mexican restaurant right at the end of the same little street this unit is located on that is open for breakfast and lunch. There is also a Hess Gas Station with a Dunkin Donuts coffee counter located within walking distance of this unit. For dinner there is a beach pavillion/bar located about a 5 minute walk from the unit.

What we loved about this place was not only the convienence it offered in it's proximity to the beach, but it allowed nightly rentals, perfect for just a weekend stay. Unfortunately many other rentals in Clearwater (due to high summer demand) only allow weekly stays. I would highly recommend this if you are traveling with children or another couple. The twin beds in the second room can be slid closer together to create a queen bed and the living room is large enough to set up a portable crib too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AdultFemale
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our host in Tampa booked us 2 rooms. One for her and one for my wife and I and our 2 furry kids. Since I didn't book it, I can't say how smoothly things went but from what I saw and was told, everything went great on that end.

The 1 King Efficiency rooms were booked for 2 nights. The first day we got there (a Sunday), we walked in and was amazed how big the room was. None of us knew there was even a kitchen (lack of reading on our part)..lol. But the size was just perfect. Our rooms were on the bottom level and we could easily walk out to the pool/pier.

I managed to dip in the pool the first day we got there and it was enjoyable. There was a lot of chlorine in the pool but that didn't bother me. For some (like my wife), it may be bothersome. I smoked my cigar out on the pier on both nights while having a beer. It was very relaxing! Just pay attention where you walk at night. Before the lights came on, I wasn't paying attention and someone scared the h*ll out of me. She was laying on a chair and didn't see her until she turned around to see who was walking. It was kinda dark so it was hard to see.

Just a few things for those that are staying there longer. They provide paper towel, toilet paper, towels, dishes, utensils, etc. However, once something runs out (soap, paper towel, etc), you're on your own. They only come by to clean up once a week. You must take your own garbage out. Again, not a big deal but it may be an "inconvenience" to others.

I believe they clean outside on the pier, I just don't know how many times they do. It was clean when we went but my cigar was still in the ashtray the 2nd night out there. The BBQ grill is there for your use and I believe its charcoal. Not bad if you want to grill. You can even fish off the pier and catch some dinner. There was plenty of fish that I could see.

Now for the dogs. If your dog has any type of anxiety when you're gone then you may want to board them somewhere because if they become an issue, the people in charge may ask you to remove the dog from the premises (according to the rules). We did hear a dog crying when the owners left. We thought it was a big dog but it was a smaller one. Other than that, we didn't hear anything else. It didn't bother us as much either. Our dogs did the occasional barking but when I was in the pool area, my wife said they were barking for me and I couldn't even hear them. There isn't much grassy area there or around the inn. So you may need to walk a little bit before you find something.

The beach itself is about a 2min drive. If you stay at the cottage, then you'll be a lot closer to the beach and you can walk there. The parking can be bad if you go to the beach any time after 9am. So we went to the Hilton where its 10.00 to park your car ALL day and you can rent their chairs and umbrellas. 3 chairs and 1 umbrella was $50.00. Its expensive but you're paying for comfort. They also have someone driving around who sells drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks) and food. My first trip to the beach (before our stay at the inn), 2 chairs and 1 umbrella was 20.00 (near the parking lot that is a 2min drive from the inn). But the chairs were old and wooden. Not very comfortable at all. No food or drinks in the area unless you walk back towards the parking lot. At least there you can take your own cooler. But you can't drink alcohol on the beach. At least at the Hilton, you were able to. But you can't bring coolers to the Hilton.

Overall, our experience was great. We had a wonderful time there and we're trying to get my wife's parents to stay there because thats something they would definitely enjoy. We'd go back in a hearbeat!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower level are great! If not, you'll be hauling things up and down the steps.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WillR96
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I should have completed this review months ago! I am hesitant about giving such rave reviews purely for selfish reasons...I want to keep The Enchanted Inn to myself so that it will always be available to me whenever I'm in Clearwater! Valerie was excellent, I must have called her 10 times before arriving and she was always extremely helpful! We stayed in a king Efficiency Suite The room was nice and clean the bathroom was beautiful (shower only), but recently updated. The decor had a very tropical feel, but was done very tastefully. I enjoyed the direct pool entrance, as well as the privacy. There are only about 8 units total so its never really noisy. The beach is literally a 3-5 minute walk, and there is a rec center on the way to the beach, and my boyfriend enjoyed the basketball courts. The Enchanted Inn is definitely Clearwater's best kept secret!

Room Tip: I recommend top floor corner suites
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alexis F
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our plans changed at the last minute. So I was looking for a place to stay on Clearwater Beach. I called the Enchanted Inn that I found on VRBO...they just had a cancellation for the weekend. The rate was $100. I was like OK...
The place is the best kept secret on Clearwater Beach!! We had a king efficiency that was beautiful, clean and quite!! The staff was very nice asking if everything was Ok. It was perfect!! I love the location. We just parked our car and walked everywhere. We will be back again!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer3446
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed at the enchanted inn for 7 nights and can only say great things about the place. The rooms were so clean and had everything we needed. The staff was so great and accommodating. The location was perfect, we will definitely rent here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple