“Exactly what I wanted for the price.”

Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central
Ranked #59 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Exactly what I wanted for the price.”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Great home base for my spouse and I, who spent a good part of our trip driving around. Sleep quality is high - cool room, nice bed. Air conditioner makes funny noises. Housekeeping staff did a great job at keeping our room clean, emptying trash, replacing towels. Hot water in shower was suspect, on and off, not consistent. Room had Direct TV/microwave/fridge, which came in handy. We had personal electronics in the room when we left - nothing stolen or touched. Pool was clean and warm, landscaping kept up. Continental breakfast could use some protein, but overall OK for free. Front desk friendly! Will help you print things out from the Internet if you need to (i.e. plane tickets). The only issue we had was the first day, when rennovations started next door to our room at 8am and the front desk took care of that VERY quickly, at my request. Other than that, the hotel was a steal for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and Internet price match.
1 Thank saraspyder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stayed at the Travelodge for one night during Phillies Spring Training. The location was not far from Bright House Field (walking distance, though across a highway), next to Lenny's restaurant (yummy breakfast), and near the Tilted Kilt (fun times!). It was clean and worth the price, which was reasonable. The staff was excellent. They had a computer and printer which allowed us to print out boarding passes and even buy and print tickets for that day's Phillies game!

Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Thank you very much for a pleasent stay - we were in town for a fundraiser and were traveling with my enormous Newfoundland, we had a very clean room and the location was ideal - I would come back in the future!
Thanks!

Reviewed 22 March 2011

The rooms are old and damp. The beds are terrible,my husband's feet hung off the end. The only 2 good parts of this hotel are it's close proximity to Brighthouse Field and the pool.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank LinnyLenae

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

plymouth england
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Arrived early rooms not ready but the owners allowed us to store our luggage, and later relocated them to our rooms. We stayed two nights with friends from Plymouth England,
and received help, directions, places of interest such as restaurants etc . The rooms are clean and well appointed, the staff very helpful nothing was to much trouble.
We highly recommend this hotel, good price and value for money and will stay there again
on our next trip, but will stay longer.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We were supposed to stay here for 3 nights but 2 weeks prior, we canceled online. We have a confirmation number and a cancellation number. However, we were charged for our stay. When I called and spoke with Vernita, she was very quick to call me back and tell me what confirmation number we booked under and they held our room late into the night and we never showed and we had 3 nights booked. When I then told her my cancellation number (it even shows on their website), she was not helpful at all and told me that was Wyndham's issue and I had to contact Wyndham. Why? I told her I could just dispute it with my credit card as I have all the information with cancellation number, etc. She then said she would see what she could do. I haven't heard back from her and I did email Wyndham and haven't heard from the man I was dealing with at Wyndham either. First and last time I will deal with a Travelodge. I normally travel with Hilton or Marriott with no issues. And by the way, if traveling to Clearwater, rather than stay at the Travelodge where only the Phillies field is near there, stay at the Holiday Inn Clearwater...beautiful pool, view, average rooms, a bit more than Travelodge but a lot more to do around there and better customer service.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank who642
massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2011

booked Travelodge thru Priceline for four nights. Cost came to $222 with taxes and fees. The room and bathroom were clean. No evidence of bed bugs or other pests. The bath had a separate toilet/shower from sink area, which is convenient for two people. The bathroom also had a wire luggage rack overhead for storage away from bedding area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast included some fruit - bananas, apples, oranges -- plus cold cereal, instant oatmeal, juice, and yogurt. Pool area was very nice. Furniture recently painted and in good condition. Landscaping around the pool was lovely, and the water was heated. All rooms open to outside walkway. Ask for a room in the back overlooking the pool and away from the highway, and request a refrigerator and microwave (not all rooms come with these). It would be difficult to get around without a car, but that is true of much of Florida. I would stay at this motel again for this price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo