“It's not fancy”

Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Attention to detail would go a long way on this property. Black scuff marks on the bathroom door, cigarette butts on a dirty sidewalk, unkempt foliage, flat pillows and old comforters all played a role on this rating. I slept well, had a good breakfast and paid a fair price. I might stay here again but there is no reason to.... Nothing about this property is calling me back. Nothing makes this property a stand out. There are so many motels in the area, perhaps I'll try another one next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank biteme55

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I was appalled. I came her because of the reasonable reviews I saw. We were driving and it was late so we decided to check in here at about 1 am. By 430am I was awaken with something my eyelid that I brushed off. It was a roach on my face that I then saw racing through the sheets. I was in a state of shock and disgust. Never have I experienced something like this. So I contacted the front desk...obviously livid. I was tired, I'd only checked in a couple of hours before and I explained I no longer felt comfortable in that room (who would go back to sleep). I also had a 6 month old with me...It was unacceptable. The front desk manager was at first saying that it I couldn't have saw a roach as they just had "the bug man" spray. This is ludicrous. First off, If you had an exterminator come out obviously there was a problem at some point or another. But beyond that she began to take offense and become rude. She said we could not have a refund. Nor did she ever off to switch rooms. We ended up just leaving and filing a complaint with corporate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tryzel
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Clearwater Travelodge is a comfortable, no-frills, two-star motel. The pool belongs in a three- or three-and-a-half-star setting! The staff, especially the evening receptionist, is very helpful, and, along with the pool, is the motel's greatest asset.
The manager, on the other hand, is not a people person in the least. The manager's interaction with both staff and guests was abrasive, impatient, and unprofessional. Her demeanor was unsuited for a national chain. In dozens of travels and hundreds of overnight stays (representing a range from two-star to four-star hotels), I have witnessed people having bad days, people losing patience with difficult customers, and people who simply needed to "get away". I had never, however, witnessed such repeated demeaning behavior by a hotel manager. Travelodge deserves a much better ambassador (perhaps the evening receptionist!).
Otherwise, the room was adequate, breakfast was adequate, and the facilities were adequate. The location is very central and convenient to the local attractions (especially once the construction is done on 19), and the price was moderate.
Apart from the current manager's patronizing and unwarranted behavior, this is a good-valued stay.

Room Tip: Pool-side rooms toward the back overlook the relaxing pool...but with the view comes the evening noi...
1  Thank Visitrhouse
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Stay at here for 3nights staff was polite and very friendly. I loved that they had a washer and dryer available on site ,price for the rooms was great and not to far for the beach and my love one home I will book again In the near future

• Stayed: July 2013
Travellers also viewed these Clearwater hotels
Quality Inn
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
#62 of 98 in Clearwater
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central

Been to Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central

Address: 21252 US Highway 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33765-2826 (Formerly Travelodge Clearwater)
Region: United States > Florida > Clearwater
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Price Range: £46 - £120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central 2*
Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central is your gateway to Gulf Coast adventure. When you make us your home base during your Florida stay, you'll find yourself nearby all the attractions you're looking forward to and surrounded by all the amenities you need. Enjoy our free Wi-Fi, cable TV, pool, business center, laundry facilities, and more while you're our guest. Plus, start your day off with a free breakfast before heading out to the beach, the golf course, Busch Gardens, Brighthouse Field, Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Ruth Eckerd Hall, and so much more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Clearwater Hotel Clearwater