“Luxury”

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Right on the beach, with fantastic views of the Gulf of Mexico, the Hilton offers luxury at reasonable prices. The rooms are light, bright and roomy, and of course live up to the Hilton reputation. With a private part of the beach and a handy tiki bar, you have everything you need for a relaxing stay at Clearwater Beach.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra for a gulf view room, but even the partial gulf room offers stunning vi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hopo14
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for your reivew per your recent stay with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We appreciate your comments. We are fortunate to have the "luxury" of a fine beach access, and beautiful views. We are so happy you were able to experience the amenities we offere each of our guests. Everything, is right here, at the Hilton. Hope to see you again.

Executive Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (4,840)

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I've never written reviews on hotels although I have stayed at numerous hotels during my travels to 19 counties. This is the first time where I felt that I had to write some acknowledgments.
I just wanted to thank the staff of the Hilton Clearwater Beach for making our experience terrific. As soon as we arrived, they upgraded our room. We needed something in the middle of the night and they were very helpful to find it for us. After we left, I realized that we forgot something in the hotel, I called them and they said they would send it complementary directly to our home.
I didn’t really believe them as previously I once forgot something in the Park Hyatt in Jeddah, KSA where I stayed more than 7 nights and spent way more and they wanted to charge me 195 US $ for sending it back and they never did send it!
To my great surprise, in less than a week, I have received a package from the Hilton Clearwater Beach with the item I have forgotten. Thank you very much!
It is a lovely, romantic place with a perfect location right on the beach and many good restaurants within walking distance. It’s also very clean and family friendly, they provided us with a crib for our 8 months old and as many beach towels as we needed. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DrMahaMaalouf M
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel feels older but definitely still a great place to stay in Clearwater, especially if you have to attend a conference there. The rooms could use some updating (beds pretty used, plumbing noisy) but the facilities and restaurants are great. The pools and beach are beautiful and well kept. I would suggest that you bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper because the walls are very thin. Housekeeping comes pretty late... between 3 and 5 which I thought was odd but all of the staff is very helpful and ready to make your vacation nice. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from others if possible
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you posting a review. Thank you for being our guest. Your comments will be discussed with our Executive team. Note, rooms are serviced during the day as well, our guests can be accommodated upon request. We look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I am currently in this hotel. The location and private beach are fabulous. We are using Hilton points to pay for this otherwise I would not pay the $200+ room rate. We have a double room which is too small for 2 adults and two pre-teens. We were offered a king suite upgrade due to my husbands Hilton Honors Silver status, but with no pull out bed there was not enough sleeping space. In the double room, the beds are comfortable, but too small for two large adults to sleep comfortably. We are thankful for the small fridge and thick towels. The bathroom is small and if one person is in it, changing areas are non-existent for the rest of us. The carpet in the room is very worn and makes the room look dingy. The staff has been helpful. The a/c works great. Our small balcony overlooked the street and the bay in the distance. The water smells funky coming out of the sink and tub. Not the end of the world. We loved being able to walk right out onto the beach and there were staff everywhere to help. We rented a cabana with two chairs for $27. We were glad to check in early--around 12pm--but rentals are only until 8pm, not per length of your stay/per day. Therefore, if I had checked in at 4pm then $27 would have been robbery for just 4 hours. I still felt a bit irritated at the price, but we needed the shade at that time of day and used it for many hours. When the wind took ours down a staff member way there immediately to fix it for me. That was impressive. Overall, a nice treat for the location, but I would not feel comfortable paying full price for this substandard Hilton room. I would also not want to spend more than one or two nights here cramped up with 4 people per room. This would be a different stay for two adults with less space and privacy issues.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Annie70
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your review. Please contact me per your recent stay or if you are still with us. I can be reach at andrea.trimmer@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Maybe it was because we just came from a huge conference hotel in Kissimmee before coming to this hotel, but it seemed very average. The best part of it is the location. It is right on the beach, next to a park full of activities, near Pier 60.

The entrance to this hotel is very awkward--it's like you're coming in through a lower level side enterance. There's no initial lobby but a stand with bellmen and elevators. The lobby and check in desk are on the 2nd floor which is very non descrip (no real personality to the place). Our room was very average, only good feature was the balcony with a partial view of the ocean. Maid service was substandered. Tub was never cleaned, bedspread had stains, had to ask for more toilet paper as it wasn't replenished and sand was always in the room. Our hallway was ice cold (not all the halls were like that so stay away from the 5th floor).

The hotel gym is tucked away on the 3rd floor and very small--we had to make several trips to it until a treadmill was free (only 2). While I don't normally do laundry on vacation, this hotel had a guest laundry room which came in handy as we were running out of clean clothes and it was raining anyway.

While the pool area was nice, again, it's an awkward layout as you enter the pool/beach from under the hotel--hard to explain. The beach is BEAUTIFUL with very white sand and a lot of it. The water is not that carribbean blue/green but very clear. (beach chairs aren't provided but available for rent--about $20/day with a discounted 3 day special)

Again, the biggest draw for this hotel is the location--it is walking distance to everything in the area. There's a nice lit walkway right near the hotel which takes you strolling past casual restaurants (many with outside eating) and shops. (FYI-Go into Surf Style store where they have a small indoor surfboarding room--enjoyed watching the kids do their tricks) Pier 60 is right next to the hotel with vendors selling nightly. The park next to the hotel has street performers nighly also. A bay and boat docking area is across the street a short distance away. The "IronGirl" competition was held on the weekend we were there so we got to see it finish as it ended at the park.

We never ate at the hotel--the indoor restaurant didn't seem appealing (although they do have balcony eating overlooking the beach that looked better). Frenchys on the Beach is a very popular casual beach restaurant just a short distance from the Hilton.

We paid $15/day for valet parking--don't know what you pay (or if you pay at all) for regular parking but valet was a waste for us as we never used our car and the parking garage is right under the hotel so it's easy to get to your car if need be.

Note: be careful of other hotels that are "waterfront"-- we visited a few and they have no beach just a rocky wall between hotel and water

Room Tip: We had a partial ocean view with a view of the pool, park and pier which, besides a full ocean view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank annmarie27_10
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Make sure you ask for a room with a king size bed! When we arrived we were allocated a room with two 'doubles' which were too small to sleep two regular sized people in. After an uncomfortable night of musical beds, we asked to be moved. The friendly and helpful reception staff obliged and by lunch time, we had a room with a king size bed!

I agree with the posts about the unsightly roof, it's such a shame about the noise it creates too.

As other reviews say, the hotel is perfectly located on the beautiful beach. The pool area is large and clean with towels to borrow.

The staff have gone out of their way to help us celebrate our honeymoon and to ensure that our trip is special. Day 1, we were delivered a platter of cheese, crackers and fruit- a delightful surprise. Day 2- champagne and chocolate strawberries. We took them to the beach and enjoyed them as we watched the sun set. A truly magical evening!

What a lovely touch! Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank foodieblair
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I will start with the negatives.
First off, the fact that a majority of the hotel overlooks a huge roof below is a travesty. Here you have this awesome beach, and the designer of this hotel chose to have a giant roof below. The other issue is that on top of the giant roof are many LOUD air conditioning units. So totally forget about listening to the waves at night. Perhaps the other side is better, however, there are not nearly as many rooms on the other side. I enjoyed the tiki bar on the sand with all the tables. The only sad part is how trashed the area was. You would think people would clean up the sand when done, or the hotel would constantly be cleaning the area as it is their best asset. The other issue was all the smoking on the beach. If it were me (and I enjoy a cigar occasionally) I would not allow it on the sand. The rooms are average. Again, it would be nice to open the sliding door to hear the ocean, but that doesn't happen. The conference area was fine, as was the bar.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the airconditing units as possible. I think you want to face South if I recall...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business