Property. This hotel was previously a Holiday Inn and Hilton has completed some upgrades, but make no mistake, this is an older property built in the 60s, and I was even told, it’s one of the two oldest hotels on north Clearwater Beach and it does show its’ age, including the room AC unit, lack of hot water, etc.
Check-In. Guests are not allowed to use luggage carts, as told by Hilton’s valet staff.
Rooms. Our room had 2 double beds in it. I thought it was mistake as my reservations stated the room sleeps four. Double beds are too small for two people, even kid’s young teens to share. There was no mistake; I misread the reservation. Also, Hilton apparently uses double beds vice queen-sized beds in many of their properties. The room was on the small side, but it is after all a 1960s property. The TV reception was fine, no issues. Housekeeping. They did a good job to keep our room clean. Cleans towels always stocked, and anything we asked for we had within 5 minutes.
Prices. The prices for the hotel, considering the area and the ON the beach location, are very reasonable and I have to point out again, this property is ON the beach. It’s an incredible view and a short walk to pure enjoyment. The beach is priceless. The sand is like silk. Activities for the kids and adults alike all around; live bands at the base of the pier each night; priceless.
Fitness Center: Was closed for renovations.
Food. The breakfast buffet was very good and you can opt for a continental breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit or pay a little more and get the hot side additions. Our kids ate some staple type foods poolside and they were fine. Most, not all, of the local restaurants are 2 of 5 stars so I highly suggest you check out Review Web Sites before you go to a restaurant or order delivery. There are some scary places to eat on the north strip.
Room SVC. Food is food, right? It’s convenient but over-priced. It’s a coin toss.
Closing. I realize there are newer properties on the beach or just off the beach, yet we still had a great stay and bang for our buck and our service was outstanding! 4 of 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread across 10 acres of sandy white beach, surrounded by blue skies and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Clearwater Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Clearwater Hilton
- Hilton Beach Resort Clearwater
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Florida