“right on the Beach”

Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Cedar Park, Texas
“right on the Beach”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hilton is right on the beach front and center. Great older hotel with an updated feel in the lobby and restaurant. Room is clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have had in a hotel. Slept like a baby. Bathroom lighting is a little dim, don't like the CFL bulbs, they just don't provide enough light. Hotel provides access to beach supplies, chairs, umbrellas and cabanas, but kind of pricey. Another option if you plan on staying an extended period of time, is to purchasing such items (chairs/umbrellas) at local store and donating when you leave. We saved a ton of money and it worked out just fine. Drinks on the beach are responsible and the pool is great. Seating kind of limited and people tend to drop their towel to save spot and don't seem to ever return. the honor system is not really working here, but still a great setting. Sand Bar restaurant has great snack food at pretty reasonable prices. Overall great location to shops and other eating establishments. The pier is very close and provides lot's of nighttime activities and a great walk out in the water.

Room Tip: Watch the term water view. You might be looking from the side view, but still not bad. Great vie...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 62Vetteman
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We do appreciate your feedback and for shaing your experience, which is most important. Thank you for being our guest and glad we met your expectations. Hoping you will return to the Hilton Clearwater Beach on on your next visit to the Clearwater Beach area.

Executive Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Serbian first
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

this is a nice place on beach but it just needs a little facelift nothing major just minor, nice folks nice eating place and also great housekeeping service nice valet folks and great bar if u like drinks

1 Thank JeanH357
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate you taking the time, glad we met your expectations. Hope to see you again on a return trip to Clearwater Beach. Thank you for being our guest.

United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

good location, service, but the price is high comparing with the age of building. next to pier, walking distance to many restaurants, fast food, ... will stay again if I the price is better. good location, service, but the price is high comparing with the age of building. next to pier, walking

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We appreciate you being our guest and writing. Guest feedback is always important to us and we take their comments into consideration to improve the guest experience. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to your return to the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I drove out to Clearwater FL to spend the day with my 5 kids at the beach. After some fun in the morning sun, my kids wanted to stay the rest of the day. I checked the hotels in the area and was surprised that Hilton had a couple of room available. I was checked in by Monique Johnson (as if she's on duty if you visit) and she was very helpful in getting me 2 rooms for the night. She also assisted in making sure my rooms were close as I requested. believe me, on the eve of the weekend this is near impossible. I had a great view and the amenities at the hotel was fantastic. I spent the evening at the pool and in the morning had a great breakfast with my kids. All in all - it was a GREAT One Night Stay. I'd give Hilton 10 stars if it were possible. Thanks again Monique.

Room Tip: Always try to book early.
1 Thank csheen1234
Brian A, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Many thanks for writing a review. Delighted to hear you elected to stay for the entire weekend and enjoyed your stay. Your kind comments are appreciated about our staff and will forward on. Thank you for being out guests and we are looking forrwar to having you will us again.

Orlando
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is decent although I would agree with the other reviews that it could use a facelift. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout the weekend. I was here for a small conference and the gentleman assisting with the food for the conference was great. He was always smiling I wish I had taken his name down. The security officers were able to help me get some crackers for my mom at 3 am so that she can take her medicine. The hotel is very centrally located and has plenty of options for lunch and dinner. We went to Frenchy's Saltwater twice and had a great time.

Stayed August 2014
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Your review is ajppreciated and thank you for making us aware of our attentiveness. Glad we did meet your expectations, more upgrades will be taking place in the near future too. Our guest satisfaction is a priority with our guest service. Thank you for being with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Siuncerely,
Ecxecutive ASsistant
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Love clearwater beach. Came in April for the Iron Girl was not disappointed. Very clean friendly and the amenities were great. Friendly Staff love it so much. So much to do and the hotel itself is in a great location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cash34
Glad to hear you loved your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and sharing with us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to you being with us again.

templepatrick
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I travel with my family from Northern Ireland every year to stay at the Hilton, we have done so for the last five years. We enjoy the siting of the Hotel , right on the beach with the alternative swimming pool amenities adjacent to the beach. Over the last five years we have witnessed little or no investment in this property, as a result the property is dated and tired. My other issue is with the resort fee. My resort fee was prepaid by Trailfinders. However I was charged this again on departure. My insistence that reception check their records uncovered that I had been overcharged 200 dollars as the fee had been paid. Hilton you need to get your act together, be transparent about your rates and include the resort fee as part of the room rate!
Overall this is an excellent hotel, great staff,great location but needs physical attention!

Room Tip: Ensure the room does not face inwards onto the aircon systems
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for being with us again. We do apologize for the billing issue, our staff will be made aware. Can you please contact me at andrea.trimmer@hilton.com. if we did not assist you with this issue. To update on the various improvements, we have replaced all carpet in the guest rooms, with new desk chairs too. Air conditioners are being changed out with some balcony chairs replacing. The pool area, has seen an uplifting as well, new pavers, tables, umbrellas. We never sit idle and always some new surprises for our guests. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you with us again.

Executive Assistant.