“Beautiful Location”

Ranked #25 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
New Haven, Connecticut
“Beautiful Location”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I stayed here last October for a wedding and I really enjoyed my stay. Granted - the drinks on the beach were expensive - but I still think about them on a regular basis. They dipped the rim of my Miami Vice in caramel and then coconut. It was awesome. The room was really clean and had a beautiful view of the beach (white sand, clear blue water! Such a treat for a Connecticut girl in October). The pool was nice - maybe a bit small for the amount of guests. I spent most of my time sitting on the beach anyway. I didn't park there so I can't say much about parking or transportation (we took a cab to and from the hotel), nor did I eat here so I can't speak to that either. However, I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Clearwater. I would go back, for their cocktails alone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Serbian first
leigh england
Reviewed 16 June 2010

have had a forced exile as this hotel had been dropped from virgins brochure but its back ,and we didnt need to think twice about booking. it was great to be back service outstanding as usual rooms are nicer than i remember location great two whinges prices for bar/dinning very steep but typical of hotels and parking hit and miss maybe they should stop charge parking for public when hotel is busy.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We took our vacation here again in May2010 From Scotland UK .and can't say enough about this hotel ,realistically ,nothing to complain about infact we enjoyed the experiance so much we have booked to return on the last week in September 2010 I have read some of the other reviews, and if you try hard enough, fault can be found with anything.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Nashua NH
Reviewed 3 June 2010

This Hilton was nice enough (for what you will pay), on a beautiful wide sandy beach, but the surrounding town of Clearwater Beach offered very little in the way of dining, shopping and attractions. We stayed here for 5 days to get a little beach time in after a stay in Orlando. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive option to just get some beach time in this may fit the bill. If you're looking for a resort vacation with fine dining and activities, this is not your hotel or destination.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2010

The good thing about this hotel is the location.
The bad thing is the staff.
On arrival, I paid $5 to a hotel employee for a parking pass. He wrote "paid cash" on the pass which we displayed in the car.
Upon checkout I noticed they had also charged my credit card for this fee.
When I pointed this out, and showed them the pass, an employee called Bryan said to me "this is not Leon's handwriting" as if *I* had written my own receipt for the cash paid?!
I was disgusted by this and warn anybody handing over cash to the employees who greet you is dangerous because they will deny having receiving it and have no record of it.

In terms of the rooms...they are worn out, the lighting in the bathroom is terrible and the air-conditioning unit too noisy. Also, the walls are too thin. Internet is only available if you pay for it ($12.95 per night!). Overall...not worth it and I would not recommend.
Worst Hilton I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank RebeccaT83
Fishkill, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We decided to head to Clearwater after our Disney honeymoon to actually relax, it was one of the nicest places I have stayed. This hotel was wonderful, from the moment we pulled up, the valet's and bellhops were courteous, the front desk staff was great. Everyone is polite and helpful. We had a late dinner after taking a stroll down the beach and the waitress, Cida was so sweet and set the tone for the entire stay.

The only negative I have is that you are not allowed to bring cooler onto the beach, so you couldn't bring your own water to keep cool, you had to buy their water, which after a long hot day, can add up.

The location was beautiful, our room was on the pier side and it was definately worth spending the extra money to have the most wonderful view. I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I had high expectations for this Hilton. When we checked in, we found food in the refrigerator and clothes in the drawer. The hotel compensated us with free breakfast. The rooms are small. The pool is nice and warm. There is a cafe by the pool and a bar on the beach. Chairs cost extra on the beach. The location is great. There is a pier near by and at night vendors set up tables and sell their crafts. There is music and magic showes. There is a CVS two blocks away. Next time I go to Clearwater I will try my luck in another hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family