Clarion Inn & Suites
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$312
US$281
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Coconut Cove All-Suite Hotel(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$182
Travelocity
All reviewsupgraded to a suitehot breakfastgulf to bayfree breakfastwould stay here againbreakfast roompool areafridge and microwaveroom was clean and comfortablean upgradenice poolstayed one nightminute drivenice sizecerealperkinsjacuzzi
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed one night before checking in to our rented condo. We do travel with small dogs and booked 2 "double queen" non- smoking rooms several months in advance. When we checked in they had us down for 2 double bed rooms and 1 was smoking. The beds were very comfy but the carpet turned our socks black. There is a nice pool area and great
complimentary breakfast in the morning. I also asked for a late checkout but they knocked on the door to tell us it time to check out? Clarion, you need to read the "special insruction" part of you reservation form. I will stay again but will really push for the room I want and clean carpet.

Room Tip: Push for what you want and call the hotel to double check even if you book on Expedia etc.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank elle76
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed during the Christmas break and arrived without reservations. I had researched rates before arriving so I knew what to expect. The front desk woman quoted me a price which I thought was high but then said she would give me a better deal. I took it for one night saying that we would consider moving the next day. The next morning they said they would honor the better rate for the remaining 4 days so I stayed. My credit card did not reflect the better rate for the 4 extra days???? The general manager said it was due to our dog which we had on the first night also. If you charge me for 1 night with a dog shouldn't the remaining days be the same??? The pool was very cold and could not be used and the hot tub was exactly that TOO HOT. Breakfast was ok and the rooms were ok but for the rate they charged I could have been much closer to the beach in a higher rated hotel. The gazebo area is very dark and I did not feel secure walking the dog back there late at night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The hotel is in a great location. It's only a short walk to Bright House Field, Lenny's and a slew of other dining and shopping options. Aside from location, however, I was unimpressed during my 6-night stay The complimentary breakfast was unappealing enough that we ate elsewhere every morning. The rooms are small and look old (although the in-room fridge and microwave were nice). The televisions all have very bad reception. The pull-out couch had stained pillows and tattered sheets. Rating this hotel as a 3-star seems like a stretch.

Room Tip: The suites are small and the dividing wall between the bedroom and living room does not go the whole way to the ceiling. If you're looking for any privacy in the bedroom, look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We drove to Clearwater to see the Phillies in Spring Training. This is a perfect hotel for that excursion. It is in walking distance to the field (maybe a half mile). You pass a pond on the walk that holds 2 alligators and some unusual birds. When I entered to get my room, the front desk was decorated with Phillies signs and I had to smile. There was a mix up in my reservations (good thing I printed out the confirmation slip!) and the hotel was full, but the friendly guy at the front desk called the manager immediately all the while saying it would be fine. It was. Since they were full, we were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. I may never stay in a single room again! It was beautiful, comfortable, and had an enclosed balcony view of the pool. The sleep number beds were a little confusing, but I googled them and figured out how to set them. I loved the china mugs and glass glasses--so sick of paper cups. The pool and hot tub were sparkling and the pool area was a popular gathering place for Phillies fans. The breakfast was unbelievably good--scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, and ham or sausage, pancakes and then all the regular stuff. Again--real china plates and real silverware! One day they had biscuits and sausage gravy--we had to explain how to eat them to the Phillies's fans! They allowed the seating at breakfast to go over to the restaurant, so there was always plenty of room. The location is so convenient we parked our car when we arrived and didn't move it until we left. You can not only walk to Brighthouse Field; you can also walk to many restaurants--Pete and Shorty's, 5 guys, Panda Express, Joe's Crab Shack, Carribes, Eat at Moe's, Panina Bread, etc. We also walked to Target to pick up some stuff we forgot. I would totally recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Pool side is great! Definitely recommend paying extra for the suites.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My friend and I just got back from Clearwater for Phillies Spring Training and I would definitely go back to this hotel. The location was awesome: about a half mile walk from the stadium and across the street from the famous Lenny's. (Word is that Charlie Manuel eats there a lot; we did not see him.) We were also around the corner from a Super Target and a bunch of restaurants.

The hotel was decked out with Phillies signs, and we talked to quite a few people who shared our love for the Phillies.Our room was clean and we had a lot of fun playing with our Sleep Number beds. If you're a Phillies fan, it's definitely worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends