“Its always our hotel in Clearwater when we go to the Beach..”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Huntsville, Alabama
“Its always our hotel in Clearwater when we go to the Beach..”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 3 yrs. We have stayed as long as a week and and as short as 2 days. The breakfast has always been good every time we have been there. This past trip 2 days ago July 6 & 7, 2013 we had scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage links and pancakes. They also had some fresh fruit , toast, orange juice, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and all the milks and cereals. In the past they had waffle maker but people waited in line for it and its kind of messy anyway so this trip they had pancakes which were ok. We stayed in a suite for the 1st time this trip and were pleased with it. It has a separate living/den area with tv which is great for kids. The pool was great as usual, they have a jacuzzi pool, kids pool and regular pool. We have always enjoyed ourselves at the pool there. They provide cribs for infants which we utilized. They have Free Wi-Fi which we always use. We can't complain about the property, it may be older but it is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room is you want to be able to look out onto the pool. We have stayed in all the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
We take great pride in our pool, kiddie pool and jacuzzi. Our pool area is the largest of the hotels in our area. Our breakfast does have a huge variety, glad you enjoyed. Next time you come and visit stop by and say "Hi" it would be a pleasure to meet you :) Thanks for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok. The carpet in our room smelled sour and needed cleaning. The vent in the bathroom needed cleaning. The pool area was decent they needed more lounge chairs for the amount of guess they can accommodate. Room needs a little updating.

• Stayed June 2013
I apologize for your inconvenience. Just so you know, next time call the front desk and we could have moved you to a different room. Glad you enjoyed the pool area. Hope to see you on your next trip to Clearwater! Thank you for your review :)
Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I got a very good price on one night through Priceline express deals. My room was clean and comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave, but I didn't use them. Only three negatives on the room: you must be very close to the tv for the remote to work and one of the two sleep number beds did not work. The air conditioning unit worked great but was rather loud. Didn't interfere with my sleep, but some might have issues. Not big problems, but still not ideal. Nice pool area with a Jacuzzi and a small pool for kids. Pool area has access to the bar and grill. Tried to use room service, but information in the room about reaching the restaurant by phone was inaccurate. This would be an affordable hotel for a family. Beach is reasonably close by and the pool area is great for kids. Overall, a good value for price paid. Would stay again.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot. There are rooms poolside. If vacationing, those might be better and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank janelmw
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to hotels and their bed sheets. I enjoy sleeping on white sheets if I'm staying at a hotel, just for cleanliness reasons. This is a very affordable hotel that I booked through hotwire. I will not stay in this hotel again if I'm accompanied by my child, she deserves to be in a much cleaner atmosphere, but if I'm by myself or with friends, I will go again.
Nice location, close to Clear Water, about 20 minutes away.

1 Thank Jaclyn S
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Clarion is an older property but well maintained. We have stayed here several times and our rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The location is great; it's easy to get anywhere in the Clearwater/St Petersburg area. There is a small restaurant in the hotel itself (a rarity these days) serving dinner and a hot breakfast. Debbie, the food and beverage manager, runs a friendly bar in the evenings. There is also a Denny's almost next door (a two minute walk) and a number of restaurants and bars within a few minutes' drive. The staff is friendly and has always met any requests.

Room Tip: The first floor suites are large and have a door between the bedroom and the "living room/sleep...
1 Thank jaymat44
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have read a number of reviews and found them probably overstated, except for the little league-rs causing noise and other issues of which I spoke to a staffer about that.

her is the bottom line. I have stayed in allot of very nice 4 and 5 star places and this hotel even though it was old with relatively new paint, it is first an older hotel. Therefore some things you just expect for an older hotel. But this is a clean (not surgical clean-find me hotel like that, please) and well managed. People are courteous and responsive. So I rate this hotel high on my list because it is 100% worth the value I paid for my room, having to stay here for a family emergency. The breakfast and evening meals (food) at the Bar and Grill was great and in fact better that a couple of higher cost higher star hotel chains, of which I am a club and points member, one of which I am Gold in.
Beads and rooms were very nice, old yes, but clean and well kept making it an enjoyable stay, if I have to come back, this is the place I am staying.

Little League, Friday and Saturday. Good thing I am not staying in the area they put them, if you are reading this then now you know, ask for an area away where the kids are. They gotta stay somewhere moms and pops.

Overall, very good place to stay and I recommend it.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right in the middle of everything! Everything has been updated! The value for the extended stay price is definitely right on target. There is one thing I would suggest, allow extended stay guests to partake in Breakfast! It's not like 2 guests are going to consume THAT much! Also, provide dishes and eating utensils for extended stay guests as they most likely won't have these things with them. Other than that, the staff is friendly and the business center is very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013