“WooHoo--Sleep Number Beds”

Ranked #60 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Murphy, North Carolina
“WooHoo--Sleep Number Beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Don't know if all the rooms have sleep number beds or just the handicapped ones but they are GREAT. Neither my wife or I are handicapped but I think they gave us this room because it was the last one available. GREAT breakfast, also!!! Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pastries--well, you get the idea. Nice friendly staff. Now,all that being said, it's still an old motel that's been remodeled--not perfect but certainly acceptable. Also,try to get a room in the back to avoid as much road noise as possible.

Room Tip: Get a room in the wayback
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff K
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I love the Sleep Number bed too! 95% of the hotel our those type of beds. Yes, our breakfast does beat many, we are the only one in the area that actually has a FULL hot breakfast buffet. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for your response!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

As other Phil's fans have noted this hotel is in an optimal location; literally 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. Pet Friendly and loved the sleep number beds; dont know what those others are talking about but they were comfortable and performed as billed. Staff was very friendly and housekeeping accommodating of our dog. Very conveniently located to other eateries. If i did have one slight it would be that if you didnt want a king sized bed your only other option is a double; which we got so our dog could sleep on his blanket on the bed. Maybe they dont come in queen size I dont know but despite them being doubles they were still very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Glad you had a great stay! Thank you for your response it is much appreciated. Go Phillies!!!
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first time I have ever stayed at a Clarion and that I have ever written a review. There are only two positive things I can say about this hotel, great location and nice pool area. When making the reservation, I was told that I would have an inside room facing the pool area. That was not the case. Upon entering the room, I noticed a musty/moldy smell. This smell never went away. My family and I stayed only one night and checked out Saturday morning.
After leaving the hotel, I realized I had left a brand new pair of $85 shoes behind. I called twice on Saturday and left messages with a front desk clerk. My phone calls were never returned. I called on Monday and spoke with a manager who promised to look into it. That manager never returned my call. I called again on Wednesday and spoke with the general manager, who after investigating, informed me that no shoes had been turned in . This manager offered no apology or offer for reimbursement, just a comment that they don't have problems with housekeeping taking things. Beware!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your reponse. I do apologize for us not finding your red kleets. Our front desk manager did leave a message stating we did not find the kleets and were going to check with our other departments throughout the weekend in case they were left somewhere else on the property. Our housekeeping staff has been with us for several years and our very honest employees. My apologies for us not being able to find your kleets and hopefully you found them upon your return back home. Glad you were able to enjoy our pool area for your short stay.

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Sarasota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a really nice hotel convenient to all the theaters in Clearwater and downtown. The suites are nice but the beds are awful. They have the Sleep Number beds. It is like sleeping on the ground. No matter how much I adjusted it I could not get comfortable. The last time I stayed here the bed was broken and I had to sleep in a hollowed out metal form. This time the bed worked but just is very uncomfortable. I think I will ask if they have a regular bed next time. Other than that, the staff is pleasant and the room was clean and very spacious if you get a suite.

Room Tip: See if they have a conventional bed. not a Sleep Number
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tina G, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We apologize for your discomfort of the beds. The sleep number beds are a type of bed you either like or dislike, no in between. A majority of the people love them and several have went and bought them after staying here with us. We do have a few rooms that are NOT sleep number for the instances of people who do not like the bed. On your next reservation with us just request to have a room with no sleep number and we will be more than happy to accommodate you. Thak you for your response and we will see you on your next stay!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, especially with the upgrade to the senior suite. Loved the pool area, especially on a nice day and we had great accommodations. Price was very reasonable. Wished we could have stayed longer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us in Clearwater! You can brag how you were enjoying the sunshine here in Florida out by the pool while your friends and family were in the chilly weather up north. Thank you for your response!
Point Pleasant WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The bed was wonderful with the sleep number mattress and the linens were great. The pool area was nice - plenty of chairs and a few umbrellas for shade. The breakfast was great with a lot of options. Only complaint was the room smelled a little musty but went away after running the air conditioner for a while. Beware that there is a lot of road construction and it is a little difficult to get to the hotel. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deebuck
Glad you were able to enjoy the pool area. We do have one of the largest in the area. Yes, the sleep number beds are great! The construction does make it a bit tricky to find us due to the GPS have not updated with the road openings. Next time just give us a call and we can guide you in ;) Thank you for your response!
Topeka, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent. Our gold membership had us upgraded to a suite....a huge suite. Enjoyed the hot tub, although it would have been nice if someone would clean up the cigarette butts sitting around, including one in the tub. Located right on US Hwy 19, but room was very quite. Nice Breakfast buffet. Price was excellent for the quality. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your response it is much appreciated. We love to hear was a great time you had here at our hotel and in the Clearwater area. See you next time!