“Really nice and close to the beach.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I really liked this hotel, very clean, cleaning staff was nice and would even turn on the sound of seagulls and ocean waves on our bedside clock so that when we returned to our hotel it sounded like we were still on the beach! it was a small gesture but it was nice. The restaurant here is AMAZING. Pretty pricey (most entrees about $15-20 min.) but it was delicious and you couldn't beat the waterfront view. We felt like we were eating right on the ocean! The only complaint I really have is that the rooms do NOT have a safety box. You have to give anything you want locked up to the front desk and then they lock them into security boxes behind the counter for you. It is EXTREMELY incovenient to have to run to the desk every time we wanted to leave the hotel, so we honestly just ended up locking whatever we felt we needed to in our cars or just left them hidden as best we could in the hotel room. Nothing was ever stolen, but I'm always extrmely cautious about it and it worried me quite a bit having to leave things unattended. Clearwater beach is literally a block away. It took 5 minutes to get to the beach, so staying here was exactly what we wanted. All in all, a really great hotel. I would definitely stay here again, but they really need to reconsider not having security boxes in the rooms!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shaina09
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Soo much for privacy with the see thru curtains. was awoken everyday from noise from housekeeping playing in hallways and one 4 A.M. emergency evacuation which was a false alarm. Service at hotel restaurant Jimmys iguana restaurant and bar was horrible.
Hotel jacks up prices on vending machines on the weekends same thing with parking. Have fun finding a parking spot since they allow the public to pay to park there. I would never stay there again. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. There is also no beach at the hotel soo if you want beachfront look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank lukeo85
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was pleasantly surprised. Booked a week vacation and it was just perfect. The hotel is very clean, service was great, and Jimmy's restaurant is just amazing. Location was perfect! It was only a 5min. walk to the beach. Would definatly go back for sure.

2  Thank Beaches78
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your week's vacation with us, and thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We hope you'll visit often - especially when it gets cold up there in Montreal!

If you'd like to stay updated, please "like" our Facebook page: Holiday Inn Clearwater Beach. Feel free to comment or add photos!

Thank you again!

Christine Bottger, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had a wonderful trrip. The hotel rooms are huge! We had the King kid suite and loved it. The staff was helpful and nice. The only problem was every game in the game room was out of order. That really sucked. But other than that I would definately stay here again with my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsSTL20
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I ended my road trip of florida in this hotel, stayed for 2 nights and they were perfect! The hotel was so close to the beach which was great for a short trip. Breakfast outside over looking the sea in the mornings was wonderful, as were drinks in the evening! The room was huge, maybe a bit dated but very clean and comfy so i was happy with that! Would stay here again :)

2  Thank pinkfrizz

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope you have good memories now that you're back in Ireland! Thank you so much for telling us that you enjoyed our hotel. We agree, having breakfast outside while watching the beautiful waters of the Gulf and looking for dolphin is very special!

If you would like to stay updated, we invite you to "like" us on Facebook at: Holiday Inn Clearwater Beach

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Christine Bottger, General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed here because I wanted to be on the beach. While the hotel is on the water, it has a rocky shoreline and sea wall. There's no sandy beach. I was kind of disappointed because I had made a reservation with my online corporate travel agent (and paid extra) for a "gold room with a view." I got standard room with a view of the parking lot :( I was told by the night time manager that my reservation with a view "did not specify gulf view." I also thought a suite meant more than one room, because I stayed at the double tree last week. These are one room, plus a bathroom. I think my expectation was incorrect. Oh well...

I have to remind myself that it is a 3 star hotel, I normally stay in much nicer class hotels. I would say it is a good choice for its class. Everything is neat and clean, but the beds are not very comfortable in my opinion. The towels in my room were showing some sign of wear, frayed on the edges. The carpet seems to be in great shape, which is tough for hotels on the water, but then again, they have no sandy beach here.

They have a nice pool area with towel service, and a restaurant onsite, which I have not tried yet, but plan to. I would say if you want to stay some place really nice, this is not the place for you. If you don't require luxury, this is a good clean choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tripcasey
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Great location but old hotel rooms need to be up dated . Breakfast is served in the bar which is a big turn off . Staff are very nice and help full. during the day the bar had constant music bands playing at the weekend and from our room this was a disaster as it was very hard to rest.
I am sorry to say but overall we found the hotel a let down.
We booked this hotel from recommendation on web site which does not show true to standards.

2  Thank celinecroke