Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach
  • Breakfast included
US$204
US$281
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$450
US$375
Travelocity
US$228
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)
US$193
1,499 results
All reviewsjimmy's fish housejimmy's restaurantiguana barclearwater beachkids eat freepool areashort walkfamily suitegulf viewlive musicparking feeper dayupgraded to a suiteocean fronthotel restaurantsaw dolphinsgulf of mexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've been here quite a few times so this isn't based on a single stay. I've stayed as a family with two joining rooms and solo as a business traveler. I used to stay at more expensive places inside Tampa ($300+ a night) and realized I was being silly by not staying at a beach. I opt for this hotel over the Embassy or Hilton (which is where I would typically stay).

Location: 5 minute walk to one of the best beaches in the world. A gas station that has beer, wine, and snacks across the street. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.. Some good some not so good.

Value: Exceptional for location. Poolside bar drinks are more than reasonable for a hotel. No more $50 bar tabs for 5 drinks (looking at you Hilton). Restaurant is on par with local places for pricing. It's almost like they want to keep you there! Imagine that..

Restaurant: Most hotels I stay at the restaurants are empty. This one isn't because the food is good and the prices are realistic. No more $40 rib eye that tastes like jerky (looking at you Hilton). They have messed up an order once maybe twice but their staff is human. That happens in any place. 9 out of 10 times they're spot on which is more than any accommodating customer can ask for. Chances are I'm eating there if I'm staying there..

Staff: I've only had excellent experiences with the staff. They generally seem happy and I get a lot of smiles when I enter or leave. That means to me that they are happy. Good management does that.

Property: Very clean, rooms are nice, maid service is absolutely excellent and they do it resort style. The only nitpick I have is their elevators are a bit slow but whatever. Be careful of what rooms you pick and you might even want to call before you book for clarity. Cheaper rooms get you cheaper views as is typical of a beach property.

So overall I highly recommend this hotel over others I've stayed at in the area. The ""all in" cost is literally half of what I spend at the Hilton. Between room rates, food and drink tabs, etc.

I have meetings in Tampa next week and the following week and guess where I'm staying? Right here!

Room Tip: Call before you book if you're unsure of what you're booking. The most expensive face the ocean obviously.. Cheaper rooms will get you a wall view of the hotel next to this one.
1  Thank Robertby
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you! You really took time to write a thoughtful review so future customers can understand all we have to offer. We really appreciate it.

We're glad you chose us as your go-to place when you're in the Tampa Bay area for business, and we are grateful for the comments on the resort, staff, Jimmy's and location. We try hard to meet our customers expectations and do as you do - come back, time and again.

We'll look forward to the next time you stay here and hope that one day it will strictly be for pleasure.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We booked on easyclicktravel, beacuse it was where I found the best deal. Little did I know that we were going to be treated differently. It started when we got there. Our friend had booked on another site (they paid around 10 euros more per night than we did) and they were offered coupons with free drinks at Jimmy's, but we did not receive these coupons! Than we were assigned a room that was right in front of the elevator and the balcony was facing the airconditioning machines of the hotel, that made noise all night. When my colleague tried to change the room, they said something like "With the price you paid we cannot change your room!" However on the following day, Tim was really nice and changed our room. It was still kind of near the machines, but a little bit better....This really influenced my review towards this hotel. We travelled all the way from Portugal and were tired, I think that on that night they could have been nicer to us. The manager will probably comment my review, appolizgizing but now I really don't care! You should have treated us better! I also found out that there was a fire in one of the rooms, I talked to one of the guests that was in the room and she told me that it seemed that the Hotel was more concerned trying to hide the fire from the other guests and not about their well being...If you do not care about costumer service, go ahead and choose this Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the elevators and the airconditioning machines!!
2  Thank SuViseu
GM-ClwrBeach, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear SuViseu:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience with our hotel. We are disappointed to hear you were unable to enjoy your visit with us, and the service was less than stellar on your first evening . Thank you for the kind rooms regarding Tim. We are delighted to hear he was able to assist you the next morning.

The safety and security of our guests are of up most importance. I can assure you there was no fire in the hotel, had then been the entire hotel would have had to evacuate in the early hours of the morning that Saturday.

Again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We are visiting the week of June 8th and am so excited. We stayed last year and can't say enough about the hotel, the location and the people! We are again booked for one of the lovely suites that faces the gulf and hope to see dolphins again. I really don't understand the bad reviews I have read because last year the staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. The pool is awesome and well maintained. The beach is literally a 5 minute walk (and that's with a 2 year old). Can't wait to return and we can't wait to visit with George again! 24 days and counting! See you soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JulesLavern

Thanks for commenting on your last year's stay - and please know we'll let George know you'll be arriving soon!

We're glad you and your family had such fun last year - and we bet the dolphins will once again be on hand to amuse your toddler. Thanks for comments on how easy it is to reach the beach -- we have lots of guest comments on how centrally located we area.

We'll see you soon - and remember to ask the front desk what is going on in the area while you are here - there's always something!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The most unhelpful front desk staff I have encountered anywhere. Very frustrating checkin experience, followed by lots of "I don't knows", "that is in our book?", etc. If you stay here, Google is your friend and bring you own pool towels. Also, hotel is not on the beach, that is not very clearly advertised

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cntrygal71
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear cntrygal71,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We are here for a work-related visit. Hotel is clean, staff is wonderful, beds are comfy...Nice little coffee shop on premises, pool is beautiful. Lounging by the Gulf is not to be missed! Saw manatees and dolphins during first lunch! Really convenient to get to beach, and trolley access is right out front if you don't want to walk. Will gladly return in future, and we're thankful we still have a couple days left of our trip! Only negative I can think of is that the AC units are a bit on the loud side--certainly not enough to deter us!

Room Tip: Gulf side rooms are apparently at a premium. We would have loved to have had one of the rooms with a balcony overlooking the Gulf.
1  Thank Melody P

We thank you so much for letting us know you enjoyed your visit. And thanks for the comments on our staff and resort amenities....we appreciate them. Of course, we're glad our friendly neighbors the dolphin and manatees made your stay even more special.

We're certainly glad you enjoyed the nearby beach and our central location. Please know we try very hard to meet and exceed customer expectations and we share all comments with our executive staff.

We hope you enjoy your summer and that you'll return to see us again.