Rodeway Inn Clearwater
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$96
La Quinta Inn Clearwater Central(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$440
US$234
US$201
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$478
US$401
US$193
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This is the first time we have ever asked to change a room. There was a strong smoking odor and small brown bug in the first room. No sign of bed bug in the second room, and we always check. the sheet had a tear, the mattress fabric was torn, the road noise in the front rooms was significant, the breakfast was only a sparce waffle machine, white bread and sugar cereal.
It is hard to get into from one way street and stip club is next door. We are not picky folks, and we were only in the room for sleeping, but it was worse than most low cost places we stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 1 January 2011

First of all the guy at the front desk is rude and not helpful at all. The rooms are nasty and smelled horrible. The only people that were staying there while we were there were carck heads and drunks that too top things off were racist and were yelling racial comments from the balcony about Mexicans when they saw my 2 kids and myself walking to the room thinking we were Mexican. I definately will never stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. My family and I booked this hotel for 5 days and from the minute we walked into the room it was horrible. The man at the front desk refused to give us more towels. And when I went down to get another roll of toliet paper he gave me a hard time. Water was dripping from the ceiling at 2 A.M. and the dresser drawers were broken off. The bathroom looked like it had not been clean for almost a month. This was a waste of my time and money. Also every day we were here the cops were parked at the front desk for some reason. We never saw this breakfast they claimed to offer. The wireless internet was horrible as well. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank smuffinsmommy
Reviewed 5 January 2010

See “IMPORTANT EXCEPTIONS” review here. We agree with all points. The management did kindly cancel the rest of our reservation though for no charge.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank tvrockstar
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I just got back from Clearwater. I booked this hotel online mostly because of the rate and was in a hurry.
Warning....
1. Don't bring your wife and family here for a vacation. This is not the place or location for a fun filled beach holiday.
2. If you stay, bring shower shoes and slippers. My room's shower/bathtub had mold all around the edges. The carpets were filthy. The sheets were old and yellow and had blood stains (Yes....Blood Stains!)
3. This place looks like it was originally nice but it has definitely seen better days.
4. Yes, there is a strip club next door but that's the upside.
5. I'm not sure what continent the continental breakfast is from. They serve Cheerio's, Corn Flakes, OJ, Waffles, and Coffee. Don't try to get Coffee before 6:30.
6. I received a rate of $53.00 but after checking out I found a room at a Hampton Inn for $72.00 right up the road that was heads and shoulders above this rat hole.

I really believe the owners don't think anything is wrong with the place but if you're not from a third world country you are not going to be comfortable here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business