Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Sleep Inn(Clearwater)
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbasketball courtfire pitfrench doorsfull kitchenfront deskhome away from homeliving roomextra spacetropicana fieldan extended staypool areagreat place to stayfirst floorfitness centeryogurtfireplacejuliana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our room was dusty and there was a lot of hair in random places. The bed skirt on the bed upstairs was filthy. There was a wad of gum on the floor; however, the manager was very nice, Jamie, and reassured that she would take care of the issues. The room sz was perfect for our family of six (two bedroom suite). The property overall was pretty and the staff was friendly. Had an issue with one front desk attendant but it was not a big deal. Family vacation was a blast. Wish we could have had our extension for one more night but they were booked.

• Stayed: July 2013
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Garrett10of6,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! I am truly happy to hear that Jamie was able to rectify the situation you enountered and that you even wanted to stay longer.
I would like to apologize for the issue you had with your room. I assure you we take great pride in keeping our property clean. We did have many early check ins on the day of your arrival, which we did our best to accomodate, but it did result in our room inspection process being disrupted. I assure that I have addressed this with my team and this will not be the case moving forward.
Our staff would have been happy to correct the issues or locate another room if we had known of your concern that afternoon. We would never want you or any guest to be dissatisfied with our hotel and would have made every effort to rectify this situation sooner.
I also apologize that the front desk agent was unable to extend your stay, we did not have any availability on the evening that you wanted to extend.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The kids loved the 2 story, 2 bedroom loft room! I must say that I did enjoy the extra space (there were 5 of us), but I wasn't as thrilled with this place as the kids were. I did like having 2 bathrooms and 3 TVs (it was almost in excess!!!).

The good: Lots of space, well appointed kitchen, great breakfasts and social hour (taco night our first night and then BBQ night our second night), nice grounds, basketball court, and nice pool (despite my niece getting stung by a hornet there).

The bad: Uncomfortable beds (waaay too soft), pull out couch had a horrible mattress so my niece had to just sleep on the couch - not great for 2 nights, breakfast room was too small, noisy and clunky AC, and dated carpet and bathrooms. Also, this location while convenient to access, was not in the best area. No restaurants or supermarkets nearby - only a gas station next door and lots of bail bonds around (jail anyone?).

I think anyone planning on staying in the Clearwater area and would like the space of the Residence Inn may be better off staying in the downtown location. It's pricier, but more convenient and sounds like it's newer. But, if you're on a budget or don't really care about proximity, this was a really great place with good service and great food.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Pokee,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am happy to hear that you and the kids enjoyed our recently renovated spacious suites, the fully equipped kitchen and our full breakfast and Social Hour. We take great pride in maintaining our hotel and taking care of all of our guests.
I do apologize that the new mattresses on the bed and sofa bed were not comfortable. We would never want you or any guest to get a bad night of sleep. If you return in the future, we do offer mattress toppers for both beds which do improve the comfort.
I assure you that our hotel is in a safe business district, but getting to restaurants and shopping does require a 1 to 2 mile drive.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

A stay at a Marriott has always been a great experience for our family until this one. I now must rethink my choice of where to stay for future vacation travel. My husband and I do a considerable amount of traveling for our jobs, and we were really looking forward to stay at the Marriott for our vacation because it's always been a grade above all the rest. For the most part, the people were very nice. But housekeeping was a night mare. 4 out of 8 nights we had to go to the main desk to get towels, bath mat & coffee. This was well after housekeeping had left for the day - after 5pm. When our air conditioning unit went out and they had to move us to another room at 11:30 at night, there was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door of the room they put us in. Most days of our stay, it felt like nothing was cleaned, merely the bed was made. I'm truly bummed. I was expecting a better experience for the money that we paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank a0lsen

Dear aOlsen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! First, let me apologize for the negative impression and feeling you received of our hotel, we strive to give every guest an exceptional stay. I assure you we take great pride in maintaining our property and ensuring it is clean for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and there is always opportunity for improvements, so I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work hard to rectify any and all housekeeping concerns.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at the residence Inn was originally planning for 3 days but extended out to 5 days. what like about the residence inn they accept pets. to me that's a great advantage over boarding. the property was well maintained had a nice dog walk area. the breakfast in the morning is always a hit and the evening social hour is nice as well. my boys loved the idea of the fireplace so I put a log in and we did a family night. one comment that made me smile was the house keeper that at tended to our room thanking me for the tip and keeping it so clean. she commented I wish others would do the same. she invited me back again to visit. a residence inn is a great way to save money on dining out having a full kitchen at your finger tips

Room Tip: I had a first floor room was nice. they are big and roomy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Robert K,

I am so happy that everyone, including the four legged family members, enjoyed their "extended" vacation at our hotel. We strive to ensure every guests has a memorable experience because we know it may be your only opportunity to get away. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Was in Clearwater for Fla State Bowling Tournament and stayed two nights. Check in was a breeze with friendly staff. Room was large with king bed, good tv, new appliances. Nice hot shower. Wireless internet was fast. Breakfast was very good with eggs, waffles, cereal -hot and cold-and staff very helpful. We asked for a late checkout. No problem. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear umuva,

Thank you so much for staying with us during the 2013 Bowling Tournament and for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed both our services and amenities while you were with us. We hope to see you for the 2014 Bowling Tournament!