“Nice Property”

Ranked #39 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Nice Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a nice clean well kept property about 9 miles due east of indian rocks beach. The staff is freindly, the ammenities well kept and the breakfast and evening get togethers are done well. I will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the building number, the further you are fronm the street
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
Denise Kauble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed at this RI for 11 days in August and it has been one of the best hotel experiences I have had anywhere. The staff is extremely friendly and polite, not just some but everyone. No request is too much, from printing directions to coupons for the local dry cleaner they are eager to please. It was nice to come back to a clean and well maintained room after a day’s work or going to the beach to find a personal note left by the housekeeper (Marshall) asking if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable. I expect this level of service when I stay at the Ritz or Four Seasons, but appreciate it even more when it is just genuinely good customer service. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IAdivers
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. I will be happy to share your comments with our wonderful team. They take pride in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Ball Ground, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great location with great service. The pool and grill were perfect end to a long day on the beach. ou are about 10 mins from Indian Rocks Beach which is a great place that has the white sand of clearwater beach, but not the crowds.

The staff do a amazing job to make you feel like your at home. Hard to leave after a week.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear cmjazz89,

It was truly a pleasure reading your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your time here and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in the area.

Denise K.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

While stationed in the area, my husband chose to stay at this particular Residence Inn, on and off, for over a year and a half. For two summers and over winter break, I would also bring our kids to stay there for a few weeks at a time. The two-story loft rooms with kitchens were able to comfortably hold our large family for our extended stays. The pool was great. My favorite parts, however, were the breakfasts and social hours. I didn't need to cook (a BIG plus in my book!), and we enjoyed the company of the staff and other residents.

What can I say, the staff there began to feel like family to us, without the dysfunction that many families have. From housekeeping and groundskeepers to front desk to management, they were all so nice. Thanks to this Residence Inn for making our stay really feel like a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Firekracker007
Dear FireKracker007,

My team and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedack! We love to hear from our "extended family" and about what an amazing time you had at our hotel. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our room was dusty and there was a lot of hair in random places. The bed skirt on the bed upstairs was filthy. There was a wad of gum on the floor; however, the manager was very nice, Jamie, and reassured that she would take care of the issues. The room sz was perfect for our family of six (two bedroom suite). The property overall was pretty and the staff was friendly. Had an issue with one front desk attendant but it was not a big deal. Family vacation was a blast. Wish we could have had our extension for one more night but they were booked.

• Stayed July 2013
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Garrett10of6,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! I am truly happy to hear that Jamie was able to rectify the situation you enountered and that you even wanted to stay longer.
I would like to apologize for the issue you had with your room. I assure you we take great pride in keeping our property clean. We did have many early check ins on the day of your arrival, which we did our best to accomodate, but it did result in our room inspection process being disrupted. I assure that I have addressed this with my team and this will not be the case moving forward.
Our staff would have been happy to correct the issues or locate another room if we had known of your concern that afternoon. We would never want you or any guest to be dissatisfied with our hotel and would have made every effort to rectify this situation sooner.
I also apologize that the front desk agent was unable to extend your stay, we did not have any availability on the evening that you wanted to extend.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The kids loved the 2 story, 2 bedroom loft room! I must say that I did enjoy the extra space (there were 5 of us), but I wasn't as thrilled with this place as the kids were. I did like having 2 bathrooms and 3 TVs (it was almost in excess!!!).

The good: Lots of space, well appointed kitchen, great breakfasts and social hour (taco night our first night and then BBQ night our second night), nice grounds, basketball court, and nice pool (despite my niece getting stung by a hornet there).

The bad: Uncomfortable beds (waaay too soft), pull out couch had a horrible mattress so my niece had to just sleep on the couch - not great for 2 nights, breakfast room was too small, noisy and clunky AC, and dated carpet and bathrooms. Also, this location while convenient to access, was not in the best area. No restaurants or supermarkets nearby - only a gas station next door and lots of bail bonds around (jail anyone?).

I think anyone planning on staying in the Clearwater area and would like the space of the Residence Inn may be better off staying in the downtown location. It's pricier, but more convenient and sounds like it's newer. But, if you're on a budget or don't really care about proximity, this was a really great place with good service and great food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Pokee,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am happy to hear that you and the kids enjoyed our recently renovated spacious suites, the fully equipped kitchen and our full breakfast and Social Hour. We take great pride in maintaining our hotel and taking care of all of our guests.
I do apologize that the new mattresses on the bed and sofa bed were not comfortable. We would never want you or any guest to get a bad night of sleep. If you return in the future, we do offer mattress toppers for both beds which do improve the comfort.
I assure you that our hotel is in a safe business district, but getting to restaurants and shopping does require a 1 to 2 mile drive.

We hope to see you again!

Chico, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

A stay at a Marriott has always been a great experience for our family until this one. I now must rethink my choice of where to stay for future vacation travel. My husband and I do a considerable amount of traveling for our jobs, and we were really looking forward to stay at the Marriott for our vacation because it's always been a grade above all the rest. For the most part, the people were very nice. But housekeeping was a night mare. 4 out of 8 nights we had to go to the main desk to get towels, bath mat & coffee. This was well after housekeeping had left for the day - after 5pm. When our air conditioning unit went out and they had to move us to another room at 11:30 at night, there was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door of the room they put us in. Most days of our stay, it felt like nothing was cleaned, merely the bed was made. I'm truly bummed. I was expecting a better experience for the money that we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank a0lsen
Dear aOlsen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn St.Petersburg Clearwater! First, let me apologize for the negative impression and feeling you received of our hotel, we strive to give every guest an exceptional stay. I assure you we take great pride in maintaining our property and ensuring it is clean for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and there is always opportunity for improvements, so I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work hard to rectify any and all housekeeping concerns.