“Really nice hotel. I would stay here again”

Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Really nice hotel. I would stay here again”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great price, great location. Our room was very nicely decorated. Breakfast was your typical hotel fair. Nothing special. Located about 3 miles from the Clearwater Beach, restaurants and shopping. About 2 miles from the Clearwater Aquarium where "A Dolphins Tale" took place and was filmed.It was fun to see Winter with her prosthesis and learn more about her rehabilitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT in the front. They area close to the highway. There were many sirens during the n...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Siouxzi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am pleased to hear what an enjoyable stay you had and that you were pleased with all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer, as well as our convenient location. We hope to see you again in the future!

Denise Kauble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I travel A LOT for work and was excited that after a long commute, when I opened my door to my room it appeared to be very clean, spacious and chock full of amenities. I immediately was ready for a shower and the shower function wouldn't work leaving me to call housekeeping. She fixed it but it seems like this should have been checked ahead of time. The WORST part of my stay was the noise. This apartment style property reminded me why I would NEVER live in cheap apartments as I had to call the front desk to ask the person above me to please settle down. I got NO SLEEP. It sounded like the person was remodeling up there -- from 6pm until way into the wee hours of the night there was stomping and walking and what sounded like furniture moving. I couldn't stay another night. I had to get going early for a meeting and was just miserable. Never again. Hoping all the RI's aren't like this - especially for close to $150 a night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Butterfly J
Dear Butterfly J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater. I am pleased to hear that your first impression was so wonderful, our spacious suites are cleaned to Marriott standards and we do have a large amount of amenities for our guests. I do apologize for the shower that needed attention and the noise that kept you from enjoying a good night's sleep. Our staff would have been more than happy to relocate you to another suite on the second floor or provided you with amenities to help you get some rest. I assure you that this issue is not common of our hotel due to the large number of long term business travelers that stay with us. Our goal is to provide every guest a perfect stay and I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay. I hope that you will consider returning in the future to see that this a wonderful Marriott hotel.

Estero, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Chose this hotl for its close location to Clearwater Airport. I had booked two rooms for my Wife and I and our Daughters family for one night.

We had decided to visit Tampa and stay overnight to catch an early flight from Clearwater airport.

The rooms were both very clean with good condition carpet and furniture and they didn't smell like the typical stale hotel. The rooms even had flat screen TVs as opposed to normal old CRTs. The bathrooms were very clean and in excellent condition. The room was very comfortable and we settled down nicely after the young child above decided to stop jumping around causing some noise.

We all had a good nights sleep and had an excellent breakfast before we left for the airport.

We would definitely stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for a top floor room to avoid that noisey child.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear AdrianClark33928,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here because of the location to family at Christmas. The fireplace was awesome. The rooms are remodeled to look like all the other Residence Inn so the comfort and decor is just as you expect.

The gym is very small but clean. The breakfast was so-so as the powdered eggs tasted very fake. So this was not the best food I have gotten at a Residence Inn. That was the only complaint.

Overall, we always try to stay at a residence Inn where ever we go and this was a great stay and exactly what we expected as far as Marriott quality goes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I am happy that you had a good stay and that you were pleased with our fireplaces and remodeled spacious suites. We hope to see you again in the future!
fort lauderdale, fl
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great choice! I booked this hotel for our sports group and our only disappointment was that we had to spend so much time on the field and not at the hotel enjoying amenities! This property was one of the cleanest I've ever seen, including hotels such as the Ritz, etc. Our suite was spotless and very well-appointed. We enjoyed comfortable bedding, flat screen TVs, updated full kitchen, comfortable baths and roomy closets. We had a fireplace in the room that we (very unfortunately) did not have the time to use. The firepit near the pool called to our group both nights of our stay, but we were tied up with our sports event and had to sleep early/rise early. There was another group during our stay enjoying the firepit and pool area...it looked so nice and relaxing! There is also a "sport court" (basketball/volleyball combo) that our group enjoyed. The complimentary breakfast is Marriott standard, not great/not bad but really a very nice perk. The room size, condition and cleanliness, the grounds maintenance and the fantastic service from ALL departments are the reason to stay at this property and the reason we will be back. The location is quite central... a short drive to downtown Tampa, also a short drive to either Clearwater or St. Pete Beaches, to Dunedin, etc. There is plenty of shopping and dining nearby. This is a great choice for either a short or an extended stay. Thank you, Residence Inn St. Pete/Clearwater!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mamamooch
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear mamamooch,

Thank you for sharing your outstanding experience at the Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater! We take great pride in making sure the sports teams and organizations that choose the St. Petersburg Clearwater area are 100% satisified in their location and hotel choice. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all of the amenities we have to offer. I can't wait to share your compliments with the staff! We have a wonderful team who takes pride in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again for your next tournament.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am really happy with this hotel and their staff specially Deissy Villa, she cleans my room and she provide the best customer service am sure i am not the only one who likes her she always make sure to get everything i want i am really happy......

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Faisal D,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding our team. I can't wait to share your compliments with Deissy and the entire staff! We do have a wonderful team who takes prides in taking care of our guests and I am happy that you have experienced this service.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We spent 3 nights October 12-15. The staff are some of the friendliest I have met, the breakfast was definitely above average with more hot options than most places have. Rooms were quite clean and comfortable.

The only warning I have is about the volleyball/basketball court. I appreciate that it is there, certainly. My family had some time on Sunday afternoon to spend relaxing so we went out and hit the volleyball around a little. Unfortunately my 2 year old, in her exuberance, tried over my feet and face planted on the court surface, which is hard plastic tiles with an uneven pattern on them, and split open her lower lip rather badly. To be 100% clear I do not blame the hotel for this accident at all. It was an accident typical of a little one. Hotel staff were very helpful in getting us back to our room quickly so we could put pressure on the wound and they found us a nearby urgent care facility. Urgent care sent us on to All Children's Hospital because they weren't willing to attempt to stitch a lip... And after a nap on the ride down and 4 stitches our little one was ready to play again. I tell the story to first thank the staff for the help and second to mention that these tiles on the court could probably do some damage to an adult's knees or elbows too... so of you go out to play, be careful! But enjoy the facility also .

• Stayed October 2013
DeniseKauble, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Romegaguy,

I am so sorry to hear about the injury your little one suffered while playing on the Sport Court at our hotel. I have lttle guys myself, so I know how you feel. I hope that she is feeling better. I am glad to hear that our team reacted appropriately and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.