I usually avoid hotels with outside entrances to the rooms. This is mostly because you (and every other person that stayed there) trek dirt from the outside directly into the room and because housekeepers always prop the door open when they are working on your room, letting in all manor of bugs.
That said, I did stay at this Inn because of the large rooms (suite with two floors and two queen size beds) and location (right on the main road but off enough not to hear noise).
Rooms are nice, and the air conditioning works fine (maybe too well). Vent in the bedroom was old and I could not turn the slats so it wouldn’t blow directly on me in bed.
Furniture could use an upgrade (chest of drawers had broken drawers and they wouldn’t open properly). Kitchen is nice. You even get a full range with an oven. My room had a fireplace but it was a wood burning one not gas - can't imagine using it.
Bathroom was average, good hot water and nice towels.
Breakfast area is a little below standards I have come to know at other Residence Inns. Fewer food choices, bad juice (some R.I.’s have switched to a new system.. Florida natural or something like that which is still not real juice but much better), one toaster with 2 slots so you have to wait in line to use that, and no fresh cut up fruit (which I have found in most Residence Inns over the last year or two).
Evenings when they serve appetizers was pretty good. They had wine and some nice foods out.
Workout room was very small (2 machines) but in working order. Pool area is very nice, although they had to fill in the hot tub because it was too small to get a handicap lowering device in (that’s ADA, now nobody gets the hot tub). Pool deck also has a fire pit and bar-b-q grill.
Neighborhood is business and main road which is busy and has been under construction since the Hoover administration but it is convenient and easy to get on / off if you are going in the right direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A TripAdvisor Award of Excellence winner, the all-suite Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater hotel provides the comforts of home along with unexpected services including free grocery shopping and free basic high-speed internet access. Start the day with a free hearty breakfast buffet in the Gatehouse and enjoy our complimentary evening Social Hour provided on a variety of weeknights. Enjoy our beautifully redesigned hotel suites with 31 HD channels, cozy fireplaces, full kitchens featuring stainless steel appliances, living areas big enough for entertaining and sleeping areas with plush new beds. Located just 1 mile from St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport, 11 miles to Tampa International Aiport, a ten minute drive from white sandy beaches, Tropicana Field and Bright House Field and within walking distance of Carillon Park –we are conveniently located for business or pleasure. Relax and unwind at this hotel with our fitness center, Sport Court® and pool for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Residence Inn Clearwater
- Clearwater Residence Inn
- Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater Florida