“Great Options, Service and Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watercolour Grillhouse

Watercolour Grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Watercolour Grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 684 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Come into our Lounge and see Alexa and Rick and try Our New 5, 10, 20 Menu!
Dunnellon, Florida
“Great Options, Service and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Breakfast offered something for everyone from continental to full blown. O.J. and coffee were both very good. Dinner menu also had a very good variety, the food was impeccable and the service attentive.

Visited February 2014

Hartford, Connecticut
“outstanding breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We ended up here by default after the place we were going was super busy - it was a great place to end up! Breakfast Buffet was really good and with cook to order eggs it was a great way to start the day! Chic was our waitress and was really great - very attentive and really sweet. Wonderful waterfront views were another plus and wild dolphins passing by certainly added to our enjoyment. Although we stayed across the street at the Sheraton Sand Key, we came back a second day in a row for more great breakfast and wonderful service. Have to also give a mention to the "balloon maker" who made his way throughout the restaurant creating everything under the sun out of balloons and was really funny! We brought out dolphin balloon home on the airplane!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Seminole, Florida
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The incredible view and location notwithstanding, this restaurant could hold it's own in any town in America. Fortunately, it's here for us in our beautiful Sand Key/Clearwater Beach area. The new menu pleased our whole table of five, and let me tell you we did some trying and sharing. Crab cakes - A+, King Crab - Outrageous, Oysters, and yes you can even order them individually - A++.

Yes, it's in a beautiful Marriott and you should be prepared for a little extra expense, but it was not out-of-hand, just what you would expect from a great restaurant in a great location.

Now for the entrees: We had two steaks at the table and they were both cooked perfectly to temperature. Sea bass - perhaps the best my wife has ever enjoyed. And then there's the scallops. We were warned how dangerously wonderful they are. They filled the bill.

I've thrown out a bunch of different ratings for dining places over time. This place is worth the fine dining experience when you're in the Sand Key/Clearwater Beach area. Our server, Natalie, was not just attentive, but very knowledgeable. Our host, Savannah, not only led us through an incredible start to our journey, but she also remained with us through our courses - taking an individual stake, not only in our experience - but for everyone else surrounding us.

Will return again, for sure!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brett b
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great place to eat for a special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The wife and I had our 37th anniversary here and it was great. You can get a window over looking the bay really nice. The service was great they take care of your every need. Portions are large some come hungry. I had the 12 oz. filet mignon it is hard to cook that large of a filet right but they cook it a 1600 degrees and boy is it soft and nice. They aged their steaks for 18-24 days really good. The wife had lobster & spaghetti and that was nice. We had the chop salad which was really good with lots a real bacon bits in it. The crab cake the wife had was a meal in it's self. We had been here before some years ago and I have to tell you the quality has not gone down at all. The manager came around twice to see that everything was ok. It is what you expect from a Marriott and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“loud, bad food, bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel and wandered down here one night for dinner. The music was annoyingly loud and I could not even hear my husband talk to me when he was just 2 feet away. This level of music is not ok in a restaurant. Our glasses and silverware were dirty as was my menu. The waitress took 15 minutes to greet us, and 25 minutes to get us a drink. The busser spilled water all over my side of the table and it eventually covered the entire table and started dripping into my lap. Our waitress paid much more attention to her other two tables despite knowing that we were already unhappy with dirty utensils and busser's faux pas. I actually got up and left I was so upset with the service. My husband asked for our meals to go and it was the nastiest aglio y olio I have ever tasted. very salty and smothered with cheese. Perhaps their steaks are better, but the poor service, poor cleanliness and noise level would make it hard for even that to redeem this place. I would not recommend this to anyone. It was hands down one of the worst dining experiences I have had.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank msdrannie1
TPAMS, Manager at Watercolour Grillhouse, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Msdrannie1,

Thank you for the time taken to review your experience.

As happy as I am that you enjoyed your stay, I am sincerely sorry that we have failed to provide the kind of service that is expected from a restaurant of our level. I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly, so I can try to make a small gesture to show that I am extremely sorry for your experience in our restaurant.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

At Your Service,