Much preferable to the vanilla, homogenized mega-hotels. Came here while visiting relatives and enjoyed the friendly staff, comfortable room, and location. There is complementary breakfast that is certainly adequate. Slept well and the parking was just steps from the room. We didn't avail ourselves of the pool and jacuzzi, but enjoye walking around the neighborhood along the water. Web site is www.seacaptainresort.com, 800-444-7488. Understand there are 28 guest rooms, and most have fully-equipped kitchens. Had difficulty in getting public radio stations on the room radio. Fortunately all rooms are non-smoking. The upper rooms seem a little more quiet in terms of foot traffic. Only wish they had a fitness center.
We'd certainly consider coming back here again.
Please advise if you find this review helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Resort Partner of Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Winter the Dolphin! Small resort located on the bay overlooking the harbor and Clearwater Marina, the Sea Captain Resort is only 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico public beaches, Pier 60, and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Resort features boat slips, fishing dock, grills, heated pool, hot tub, bicycles, shuffleboard, and free wi-fi. One-bedroom suites, efficiencies, and motel rooms available, with complimentary continental breakfast on the weekends; coffee and fresh Florida orange juice daily. One of Winter the Dolphin's favorite places to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea Captain Resort on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Hotel Clearwater
- Sea Captain Clearwater
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Clearwater, Florida