As we were leaving yesterday, one thought popped into my mind. When I come back to Clearwater, I'm only coming here. What a cozy, relaxed place. More like staying with family. Not 5 star, but no where near a dump. If you go for spring training make sure you go see George. He'll be at the table on the second floor drinking whiskey and telling stories in his Scottish brogue. Seemed like everyone staying there comes back year after year. That's saying something. They have regular hotel rooms, suites, efficiencies. Room for all tastes. Very Clean, very nice staff. No nickel and dime BS(IE, one of the few places with free parking for guest) . I would love to give this place 10 stars, but it only goes to 5. The second floor has a nice view of the marina/harbor. I would suggest staying on the second floor for the view alone. If you can't get the second floor, they have tables and chairs for anyone's use. They seemed to be community greeting areas for the guest. It' s located within walking distance of many bars/restaurants. The only time we used the car was to go to the baseball stadium and Aquarium. In hindsight, we could have walked to the aquarium and it is a very scenic walk along the bay side. There is a "Jolly" trolly that goes around to different points if you don't want to walk and Sea Captain is on the loop, so it's like door to door. I can't say enough good stuff about this resort. I'm thinking of booking next years room now so we know we're in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Resort Partner of Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Winter the Dolphin! Small resort located on the bay overlooking the harbor and Clearwater Marina, the Sea Captain Resort is only 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico public beaches, Pier 60, and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Resort features boat slips, fishing dock, grills, heated pool, hot tub, bicycles, shuffleboard, and free wi-fi. One-bedroom suites, efficiencies, and motel rooms available, with complimentary continental breakfast on the weekends; coffee and fresh Florida orange juice daily. One of Winter the Dolphin's favorite places to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Captain Resort on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Hotel Clearwater
- Sea Captain Clearwater
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Clearwater, Florida