Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfy. Location is very good. Right across the street from the beach and right where all the shops & restaurants are. The only downside I can think of is the wind when we were there. It was cool while we were there and the wind whipping across the bay was cold. We never used the pool because of this. However, if you walked across the street and to the beach, it was warm and no cold wind. The contrast was marked and it was hard to believe you were in the same area. Now it could have just been when we were there and the wind isn't usually like that. And if it was warmer, the wind would have been welcome. It was not a deal breaker for me but others were disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Resort Partner of Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Winter the Dolphin! Small resort located on the bay overlooking the harbor and Clearwater Marina, the Sea Captain Resort is only 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico public beaches, Pier 60, and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Resort features boat slips, fishing dock, grills, heated pool, hot tub, bicycles, shuffleboard, and free wi-fi. One-bedroom suites, efficiencies, and motel rooms available, with complimentary continental breakfast on the weekends; coffee and fresh Florida orange juice daily. One of Winter the Dolphin's favorite places to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea Captain Resort on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Hotel Clearwater
- Sea Captain Clearwater
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Clearwater, Florida