“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #36 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Weston, Florida
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just completed a one week stay at the Sea Captain Resort. We actually held a family reunion there and once again had an Awesome, Awesome experience. The location is perfect right on the main strip, across the beach, pier and marina. The hotel has its own fishing pier, BBQ's for your use and of course a pool. The view is spectacular and you can just sit back, dolphin watch or wave to the boats as they go by on the intracoastal. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly, accomodating and professional. This is a perfect place for family or friends to gather. It is also a perfect location for a quiet getaway/escape. Thank you SeaCaptain staff for a wonderful time and a special thank you to Laura for assisting us with all the reservations for our amazing Family reunion, see you next year!!!

Room Tip: If you do not like stairs ask for a room on the first floor. The suites have full kitchens.
2 Thank Robert S
SeaCaptainResort, General Manager at Sea Captain Resort on the Bay, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
You Guys were great! With guests like you, we love our jobs even more lol Thanks for the comments, see ya soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
princeton nj
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel itself was very nice - exceptionally clean, the location was perfect, the staff were really friendly and helpful. There were lots of small amenities that showed a lot of thought on the part of the management - laundry services available, a clothesline in the back for drying wet suits and towels, chairs overlooking the bay. The room itself was fairly large, we had two double beds and a pullout couch. It was very convenient to have the kitchenette, which came equipped with a small amount of plates, silverware, pots and pans. The only reason I give this hotel less than five stars is because of the noise level. There seemed to be several large family groups staying here during our stay and they used the common area with tables and chairs to party outside long into the night. As the office closes at 10pm there was no way to make a noise complaint and my asking the people to please keep it down was ignored. There were also groups of people drinking beer and smoking in the pool during the day, which wasn't a wonderful atmosphere for families with small children. So I'd give the hotel staff and management a big thumbs up, not so much for some of the clientele.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool area if you want to avoid lots of noise at night.
2 Thank LizCNJ
SeaCaptainResort, General Manager at Sea Captain Resort on the Bay, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comment. I am personally sorry your stay was less than perfect. Yes our office is closed at 10;00 pm ,but please feel free to call me personally , for my # is on the door for any after hours issues that might arise, or notify security as they patrol during the rest of the evening. Again thank you for your comments, it is our desire to create a fun and safe environment for all out guests.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a first and will not be the last stay at Sea Captain. The rumors are true, the Sea Captain has been sold and owned by Pier House 6. There is uncertainty on how it will shape up in years to come when it is rebuilt. I hope they do not rebuild this hotel and block the views from the balconies of their neighbor, Pier House 60. That would be a shame and I'd think Pier House 60 was not built to have those balconies views blocked out years later due to a new Sea Captain Resort. It will be interesting to see how it shapes out. I wish it would remain as is. Small hotel and it feels like "home".

I would recommend a room facing the marina / pool. Stayed in Room 26 and I highly recommend that room. It's on a corner, ground level, next to the driveway, facing the pool and marina. Common area with hotel-provided chairs and table outside was sufficient, didn't need a "balcony" at another hotel. Room 26 is a motel style room with 2 beds, dresser for storage, flat screen tv, microwave and a mid size refrigerator. Plenty of room for drinks and small foods.

Linen was perfectly cleaned, so were the bathroom towels, wash cloths, sink, tub, and such. I search everything every day for dirtiness / stains / etc which i'm picky about and could not find anything wrong at Sea Captains. I was impresssssssssed!

Check in and Check out was quick and efficient, both by a gentleman who I forgot the name. Very pleasant man and willing to help with anything you need. Donna was extremely helpful and I loved the recommendation to Gondolier at the other end of clearwater beach for dinner one night. Great Good! Reviewed them as well on here. Innis was the housekeeper and she was awesome. Works very hard and is very helpful. One of the rarities in housekeeping in hotels to find such a hardworking pleasant person.

Parking is no charge but did not utilize the parking during my stay as I did not need a vehicle. Came in from TPA and departed for TPA via Blu Moon Luxury car service in Tampa which I highly recommend if anyone needs a way to and from Sea Captain. Watch out for shady taxi's everywhere, I've heard horror stories all week about taxi's which is why I dont use them.

I utilized FLORIDA FREE RIDES a few times up and down Clearwater Beach and Sand Key which runs every day from 9am until 3am, Sea Captain has their business cards for guests to call for a ride anywhere in clearwater beach, via a buggy golft cart or vans. Free of charge for their service. Never use a taxi again if you're needing a way of getting around. Save that per mile fee.

Pool is 8FT deep. Small jacuzzi which is very warm. Mostly kids all week used the pool that were staying at Sea Captain which I didnt care to use anyway. Pool towels are available to be signed out. They prefer you not to take the towels to the beach. So bring a beach towel or two from home!

Bedding is turned over every day except Sundays. Sundays, Sea Captain only changes out the towels. Breakfast is juice and coffee / fruits and small danishes. I opted for JB's Cafe and Shanty Cafe down the road for breakfast daily and both are GREAT! Office closes every day at 10pm. Lock out service of your room is $25 so do not lose your room keys.

INTERNET INTERNET - Internet connection is unstable and can be annoying to mess with all week. It goes offline quite a bite and comes back on randomly. It could be due to location. Not sure. I just dealt with it daily. Secured connection with password, no fee for it. No business center or computer to print anything. IF YOU NEED SOMETHING PRINTED, ASK THE STAFF. They will be of help!!!!!!!! If you need plane boarding passes printed, THEY WILL PRINT THEM from their computer, just guide them to the proper destination to print them. If you need something else printed, you can guide them to the website or I'm sure email them a document and they will print it! All the staff at Sea Captains work hard to make your stay a memorable one.

Overall, will be staying here again without question. I stayed at Pier House 60 August 2013 and both of these hotels are top notch, fair rates, and great staff. One huge bonus is location. Location Location Location! In the heart of Clearwater Beach across from Pier 60 where all the evening festivities take place daily. Beach Access is a simple walk across the street. There is a little convenience store next door to the hotel, Walgreens is around the corner. As well as all the other shops and eateries. What more could anyone ask for?

Room Tip: Room facing the pool and marina. Room 26 is great for that, and it's next to the driveway, can...
3 Thank RoadRabbitTC
You are a fantastic writer lol Thank you for ALL the comments for us. We take each and everyone to heart. Let me help clear some of the misinformation out there. Decades Properties is the purchasing company. They own several fine hotels on the beach as well as restaurants etc. Pier House 60 happens to be one of them. Like any large "family" no two children are alike!! As is with Decades Properties. Each property is unique! They offer something for everyone!! They are encouraging us to go on "doing Business" as usual. YEAH!!! Thank you again, se you soon!!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed at this resort numerous times over the years. The staff is always super friendly(especially Donna) and we are always well taken care of. The place is super clean and in a perfect location. This is a secluded little Resort and rumour has it there are new owners.

We are hoping they keep things exactly as they are as this is one of the best kept secrets of clearwater beach. Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lenny V
SSSHHH !! lol Yes we are a best kept secret, and our gusts for over 61 years love it that way! Thank you for being a new member of our family, here at The sea Captain! Go Donna!!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Sea Captain is a great small hotel to stay at in Clearwater Beach! Just across from the gulf beaches, within walking distance of everything on the beach, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, uncrowded, and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for?

Get one of the rooms over-looking the marina. Just be aware that the hotel is right by the commerical tour and party ships that go in and out. So there will be some noise until around 9 or 10 pm. But it's not bad.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms over-looking the marina. Just be aware that the hotel is right by the commeric...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScottKfromDallas
Thank you for your location tip to our future guests! Our Harbor side rooms are the most sought after for just that reason, ships goin in and out. lol We will have the perfect room location for you when you return. Thank you again for your comments!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was awesome the best place I have ever stayed. The view was legendary can't beat that. The service was excellent. The staff was really nice. The rooms were clean. The pool was cristal clear. Everything about that place was great.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ronald L
Wow!!! Thank you for your comments, see ya soon, The Crew
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in room 28 which is a very basic motel room on the second floor. We did not have a single issue with it and knew going in that it was just a couple of beds and a fridge. We were perfectly happy. Now, if a suite had been available, that would have been great too! We stayed at the Sea Captain July 23-27 for 4 nights. I will concur with all the other reviewers about the property. We spent a lot of time fishing, swimming, playing the board games available in the office and shuffleboard, etc. This place reminds me of the beach property I went to every summer as a kid. No big entertainment necessary. Good, old fashioned fun was a pleasant change to our norm. I can't explain what a great location this property is! You literally just walk around the corner and across the street to get to what I feel is the best beach area in Clearwater. I heard parking lot attendants charging people $30 per day to park in the public areas!!! How much do you pay at the Sea Captain?? NOTHING! One thing I will note: the weekend crowd at the SC was different that the weekday crowd who stayed there during our visit. There was a lot of drinking in the pool and a few other things we could have done without but we just tried to ignore it and go on. Overall, we would definitely stay again and we hope to before this property is a thing of the past. My husband said someone said it would be a couple of years before they do anything. (I hope they don't.) Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie H
Yes we like to believe we have a little bit of "summer camp" in our souls here at The Sea Captain Resort. I am so sorry there were some issues over the weekend that concerned you and your family. On your next visit, please notify me asap and I will help to make every ones stay a pleasant one to remember. Thank you again!