We were fortunate to have chosen the Sea Captains having first checked the comments on trip advisor. The place is stunning; the staff are superb they could not have been more helpful. We had stayed at Johns Pass before so thought we were ok with the area but being visitors you are always in need of some direction. The location is right on the water with fantastic views of the boats in the marina coming and going which we loved to sit and watch. We were so impressed we sat one afternoon and tried to find just one thing to moan about and the best we could come up with was a rope on one sail boat chattered on the mast as the breeze rocked the boat. The rooms are spotlessly clean and all well maintained which is a credit to the lovely house keepers who were always so friendly and clearly enjoyed their work. The grounds are equally well cared for with plenty of chairs and loungers. We saw the owner on a number of occasions walking with cleaning staff and the maintenance staff who were all very focused on making sure the whole place was immaculate. So if you choose the Sea Captains I can guarantee you could not be disappointed with the place, we met people from the US and UK who return year after year. Our only mistake, being canny Scots we only booked a room which we realized on the first day did not have any means of cooking and only had a microwave and fridge, no cups or crockery. I went to reception and asked if there were any facilities to make or purchase coffee, straight away I was handed, with a big smile, a coffee machine, filters, coffee and creamer. We then decided that if we were going to be staying for a few days we should have booked a suite which had a cooker and crockery, which we did and would recommend that you do. Not that there was anything whatsoever wrong with the room.
Thanks for contributing to us having a lovely relaxing time.
Andy and Audrey XX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Resort Partner of Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Winter the Dolphin! Small resort located on the bay overlooking the harbor and Clearwater Marina, the Sea Captain Resort is only 100 yards from the Gulf of Mexico public beaches, Pier 60, and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Resort features boat slips, fishing dock, grills, heated pool, hot tub, bicycles, shuffleboard, and free wi-fi. One-bedroom suites, efficiencies, and motel rooms available, with complimentary continental breakfast on the weekends; coffee and fresh Florida orange juice daily. One of Winter the Dolphin's favorite places to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Captain Resort on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Hotel Clearwater
- Sea Captain Clearwater
- Sea Captain Resort On The Bay Clearwater, Florida