“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #67 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We usually stay at Motel 6 or Studio 6 hotels in the US but were driving in such heavy rain that we decided to stop at the Clearwater Quality Inn. We were impressed, The large room smelt fresh, it was equipped with both a microwave and a fridge, the fast Wi-Fi was included (hooray!) and the breakfast was a bonus, with plenty of fruit as well as cereal etc.
The sheets at Motel 6 are often thin and worn out but the linen at the Clearwater Quality Inn was soft and comfortable. We're converts and will always consider Quality inn in future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Although this hotel is dated, it is kept in immaculate condition - from the grounds to the lobby to the rooms. In town for a training course at SPC, which is a 4 minute drive, my stay was 5 nights. Apart from being close to US 19 and a bit noisy from that, I have no complaints. Mature live oak trees draped with Spanish moss make for a charming atmosphere on the grounds. The pool area is spacious and would be a great place for birthday parties - in addition - a miniature golf course is just next door. The free continental breakfast is as good as any I've ever had - and free Wi-fi is unheard of any more. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a clean hotel with competitive rates and a friendly staff! Kevin is the BEST!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private balcony which overlook US 19. For the most part it wasn't terribly no...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We travel quite a bit and almost always stay in Choice Hotels. In my opinion, this is one of the worst. This is one of Choice Hotels gold ribbons! I have stayed in many of those and they are nothing like this place.

The room reeked of old stale smoke and in general smelled dirty. We had a large room with two double beds. The bed we chose to sleep in had dirty sheets so we tried the other one which looked a bit cleaner but the sheets were dingy. It was better than the other which it was obvious they were not changed. The bed was comfortable; however, the room next door had an air conditioner that roared all night.

The manager of this establishment needs to realize one thing, if the towels and sheets are dingy that automatically puts a negative outlook on the place. The towels were so bad we unfolded all of them because we were not sure they had not been used by the previous guest. Stains and very old and yellow! How much does bleach cost? Upon check out, we were told that the room was used by a couple of road construction guys the week before. I was then convinced they knew they would be back after the weekend and probably didn't change the sheets.

They can't help the road construction or the inconvenience of having to drive a good distance out of the way just to get to it. That is nothing they can do anything about. The shower having a lose screw (which we had to have the manager come fix so we could shower) was no big deal. Things do break. However, dirty sheets and towels, I cannot tolerate.

One thing is for sure, I will never stay here again! Nasty and disgusting!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first. Pay attention to the pillows, and smells.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa W
midwest US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed 1 night Feb 2013. Nice property with large rooms. Good value ($70+tax with travel coupon I had). Excellent pool yard with hot tub. Good location, however US19 was under construction (new bridge system) which made it difficult to access the hotel at times, as you have to go down the road a mile or two and back track through congested traffic and construction detours.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
blanchard mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

All the staff was very friendly. We had a problem with our key the next day, got a new one same results, they sent the maintenance man up, he changed the batteries in the key slide, worked fine after that.Our hairdryer didn't work, I left a note when we came back that night we had a new one.The room was very clean and no smells.Location was fairly close to the beach.Some nice restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank prudytrudy
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed here 1/22 to 1/24 2013. it was probably my 4th or 5th stay at this hotel. For the price I paid, about $60.00 a nite, for the value I received, I rate it an excellent. First, the rooms are exceptionally clean, for any hotel. No stray hairs, no musty odors, no creepy things going bump in the nite. The breakfast, although adequate, is no great deal, but hey...it's a couple steps up from standard continental, and it is fresh daily. The pool was heated nicely, the Jacuzzi was nice and hot, (as it should be), and the pool area clean. There is a 7-11 across the road if I needed an upgrade to my coffee, a Steak and Shake down the road for breakfast,lunch and dinner. This hotel is very centrally located. The beach is 10 minutes away, and Gulf to Bay Blvd. has restaurants galore.
What really sets this hotel apart is the management. ALWAYS a smile and a hello. Always on top of problems as evidenced by the housekeeping. And Always making sure you are a happy guest. I have stayed for $500.00 a nite in hotels and yet, I felt more welcome and at home here. The only complaint is the roadwork going on in front of the hotel. They start their day alot earlier than I do. It's an inconvenience but it will be done in a few months. If it were up to management, I'm sure the work woudn't start until 10 AM. This is the place I always call home when in the Clearwater area. I will choose no other!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Everyone was great the staff was helpful and responsive
Anca was extra helpful with our recycling.
We had a hiccup with the first room but the staff responded and made everything right.
the pool was a major hit with the children, as the spent most of the time there.

Room Tip: corner room with the view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family