“Cheap and Dirty”

Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida
“Cheap and Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

If you're looking for cheap,dirty,stale air, and old sheets then you found the right place.
This place is nasty and sticky feeling. I felt bad for recommending a friend to stay here.
The location is great but hotel is gross.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank mybrokersteph
super8clearwaterfl, Webmaster at Super 8 Clearwater/US Hwy 19 N, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Clearwater/US Highway 19 N for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location is a great one for you.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Clearwater/US Highway 19 N. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brandywine, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

This motel smelled like mold, meldew, and roach bombs and room service trys to cover it up with pinesol. Not only did it stink they had crackhead looking guest staying up all night long. I called front desk and complained, and they did nothing and the rude crackheaded looking guest stayed up until 6:30am. After day 3 we finally moved to another room because of the smell, to find out they had ROACHES (PREGNANT ROACHES). The next we notice a rash on our body. After we decided enough is enough. So we packed up our stuff and left. We recommend NOBODY stay there unless u are a crackhead AND DON'T MIND SMELLING LIKE ROACH BOMBS!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank thetraveling11
super8clearwaterfl, Webmaster at Super 8 Clearwater/US Hwy 19 N, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of your report of roaches and is looking into the matter and will have them exterminated.

3) Management staff was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

I booked the Super 8 online for Thursday and Friday beacause our rented condo was not open until Saturday. It was the most horrible stay I have ever had. The gounds were a mess with broken T.V. thown outside the rooms. In our room the carpet was filthy and my husband and dog became ill a few days later? Wonder why. No wifi in your room as advertised you have to go to the lobby and sit in chairs with foam coming out and rips and dirt. I hope they "clean" up their act. Don't stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank elle76
super8clearwaterfl, Webmster at Super 8 Clearwater/US Hwy 19 N, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff received additional training in their responsibility concerning proper upkeep of the grounds.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Management was instructed to see to it that our advertisement of wifi properly reflects what we offer.

West Chester, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life! My husband and a friend were down in Clearwater for a short vacation to see the Phillies during spring training. We chose this location soley for the fact it is advertised as only .7 miles from Brighthouse Field. Yes, its .7 miles DIRECTLY! Between the park and this hotel there is a massive gated neighborhood and nasty swamps. You need to walk about 2 miles to get to Brighthouse Field. However, that was definately not what made this hotel HORRIBLE. Upon check in we needed to make a simple change from a king size bedroom to a double room. What is usually a simple change turned out to be a nightmare. The "owner" gave me complete attitude, said that this simple switch would not be possible unless I canceled my original booking and rebooked through him! I booked through Priceline.com and clearly hotel owners dont make as much during such actions. What a scam artist! Clearly he was trying to rip us off! After about 20 minutes of going back and forth, my husband finally demanded a room change or he would call the police and he finally made the change.
Now, the room! It was horrible! It smelled absolutly terrible, like a smelly man reeking of BO, and this was a non smoking room! I cant imagine what a smoking room was like. The furniture was all mismatched, weathered, and extremely old. The beds were disgusting and all I could think about was how many bug bites I was going to wake up with. Bathroom tub was slimy and the carpeting was disgusting. Felt squishy between your feet so we had to wear our flip flops at all times. Im NOT a premadonna when it comes to hotels and will gladly stay in a budget hotel, however, this was not a budget hotel, this was 3rd world hostel in a back alley quality and I warn all who are even thinking of taking the gamble of the $50/night charge to seriously reconsider! There are plenty of other budget hotels all with in the same exact distance to Brighthouse Field. Please trust this is a honest review and that I have never written a review so negative in all my travels.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Travel2Baseball
super8clearwaterfl, Webmaster at Super 8 Clearwater/US Hwy 19 N, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The owner received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness which they are required to maintain as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff was instructed to inspect for bugs and if necessary see to their extermination.

LITTLE CURRENT, ONTARIO, CANADA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Last July and August, I decided to take a three week Father and Son trip to Florida with my ten year old son. We decided to make Clearwater, Florida our home base as I am very familiar and knowledgeable about the area as my parents previously owned a home in St. Petersburg, Florida. During my many business trips in North America, I often stay at Super 8 Hotels and thus decided to stay for three weeks at the Super 8 Hotel located at 22950 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, Florida.

The hotel management and employees were great, very friendly, always in attendance and willing to assist and make our stay comfortable. Each and every day of our stay, whenever we departed or arrived back at the hotel from our excursions or adventures, we were always greeted by Henry or the other staff members. They always went out of their way to welcome us and make our stay pleasant. Upon first arriving at the hotel to register, Henry was on duty at the front desk and assigned us a room with two double beds located next to the main office. Parking was right outside our hotel room door which made transporting items and purchases from the car to the hotel room very easy.
This Super 8 Hotel was an older and modest utilitarian hotel which provided 2 double beds, clean sheets, towels, functioning bath, shower, toilet and sink, television, chest of drawers, desk, chairs, telephone and free wireless high speed internet connection. This hotel met our basic requirements and needs and since it was located so close to the highway, we were able to venture out to theme parks, attractions, museums, dinner shows, malls, restaurants, beaches and theatres with dispatch. The hotel had a large outdoor swimming pool which was very clean and private. The hotel also had a washer and dryer which could be utilized for a nominal fee. The hotel room was clean and the chamber maid cleaned our room and washroom daily. The price of the hotel also included a free breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice, toast, porridge, cereal, milk etc. The breakfast area was off the main lobby and was very clean and always supervised by the front desk attendants.

This Super 8 Hotel is not a five star hotel like The Atlantis in the Bahamas, or The President Wilson Hotel in Geneva or The Plaza Hotel in New York. If you want a five star hotel then you should be prepared to pay the big bucks. This hotel is utilitarian, clean and modest and the price we paid reflected so. If you need a place to hang your hat for the night, a place which is clean, modest, has no bugs, provides free high speed wireless internet, a large clean pool and super friendly management and staff, then the Super 8 Hotel located on US Highway 19, North, Clearwater Florida, is for you.

My son and I are once again planning a summer adventure this July and August and thus, based on a great experience last year, we will once again stay at this same Super 8 Hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MICHAELSCRIBE
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

the main reason to stay at this motel was it's location and price with internet special rate. the motel is very hard to find due to configuration of/construction on highway 19- recommend mapquesting it to find it.
i booked a non-smoking room but was given a room where the dirty smoke grime was thick on all the furniture. and one of the beds was unmade. otherwise the room was ok.
when i called to ask if there was a microwave and fridge in the room, i was told no. but the room i was given had them.
breakfast was good- coffee, juice, 3 cereals, rolls, cereal bars,
expanded cable tv.
my room facing ihop next door was quiet. however, there was an adjoining door and the family in that room was very loud- so be sure to not get a room with adjoining door!!!
ask them to take the safe fee off the bill- this is a ridiculous fee that the chain motels charge.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Registration staff received additional training in differentiating between smoking and non-smoking in booking rooms.

3) Breakfast staff was made aware of the nice compliments you paid to their breakfast.

I hope that the next time you stay in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Clearwater/US Highway 19 N. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

The woman at the front desk was unfriendly and spoke broken-English. Our room smelled overwhelmingly of mildew and there was a beer bottle (with a bit of beer still in it) left near the air conditioning unit. I wonder how long it has been there. When we requested a room switch because of the smell, the woman at the front desk seemed annoyed and asked us if we had opened the door. Did she think we would sleep with the door opened? We ended up staying in the original room because the room she switched us to smelled even more strongly of mildew. There was also mold growing on the air conditioner's vents. The only good thing about this motel is its location. We left as soon as we awoke, which was early in the morning, because the smell was so bad. We frequently stay at motels in this price range ($50) and this is absolutely the worst one we've ever encountered.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank bigbird666
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken.:

1) The registration staff received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they, as our employees, are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Clearwater/US Highway 19 N. I think you will be very pleased.