“Decent place”

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Clearwater/US Hwy 19 N

Reviewed 3 June 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Just wanting to get away for a night to celebrate special occasion but did not have a lot of money. Found this Hotel for under $50 (before tax). Front desk VERY friendly. Breakfast included in price and had good selection. Only complaint was bathroom needed to be updated and check in was slow due to hotel not receiving third party reservations. I hope RIGHT next door, walmart across the street and Clearwater Beach less then 30 min drive

Room Tip: request room in back so your away from highway if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were attempting to book a hotel room Saturday evening. We called Ramada but they were all booked so they found us a room at their sister hotel, This Super 8. I made the reservation and gave my credit card info. When we got to the hotel, the Manager (or owner - he said he was both) said that he couldn't find my reservation. He told me to go and cancel it and he would "take care of me" with a room of the same size/price.

I heard him quoting people that came in after me, several dollars more than the advertised price. *this should have been a sign* (I have a sams club membership so I was quoted about $20 less that advertised price.)

Anyhow, I go outside to call Ramada back to cancel my reservation (I didn't know if it was possible; the deadline is 6pm and we had made the reservation after that.)I would've stayed inside the lobby as it was 90+ degrees outside, but I didn't want to broadcast my credit card info all over the place and, there was a lady on the phone in the lobby literally yelling and cussing and causing a ruckus. ( I wonder if she was trying to get her reservation too!)

So, I cancel the transaction, come back in and he says ok, I still have a room, and he quoted me higher than advertised! Much higher than what my reservation was for. (hotel rooms were non existent that night; this was the Only national chain hotel with rooms available within 15 miles. He then tells me that he cannot honor my reservation because he didn't have it and had not received a fax. I showed him the email confirmation, but that was not good enough. He refused to rent me the room at that price. I reminded him that he said that he would honor the price and he said that was tough, that's the new price. He then tells me to go and see if they will fax something over. I go through a bunch of people to finally cancel and remake the reservation. When I try to make a new one, they tell me he is all booked up. He had rented the room to a man that came in after me! I was following all of his instructions and he lied to me.

I will say that he was price gouging and just trying to get more $$ and take advantage of people. By the way, we would have never even considered staying here, but it was the last hotel chain with any rooms in the city of Clearwater. Its in a not so great neighborhood and the place looked old and unkept. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JAMIE C
Reviewed 17 May 2013

2  Thank Tyrone B
Reviewed 12 May 2013

1  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. The staff was extremely helpful. They even printed out a 19 page document for me at no charge.

Beds were ok. Room was clean. Internet worked great. Breakfast was free...which is the right price...and if you want a "hot" meal...the IHOP is right next door. You can walk there.

I will be staying here again next time I am in Clearwater.

Room Tip: A/C is a bit loud, but aren't they always in hotels? At least it worked properly!