“Great people a nice surprise in todays world”

Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport
Ranked #80 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 21 January 2008

I recently moved back to florida and this is where i chose to stay,turned out to be the best place i could have chosen. staff went above and beyond to make my stay very enjoyable.I have worked at motels and hotels that could stand to learn something from these guys and gals.they are in a great location,prices are by far the cheapest in the area that I could find,rooms are clean and up to date.please look no farther for a enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank dalejr88_8
Deven K, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will visit again to see all the changes we have made! We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2008

Room smelled terrible, black mold in the bathroom, sheets had stains and holes, etc... To top it off the staff was rude and very unhelpful when we decided to check out. Don't waste your money there.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank SwissMiss0980
Deven K, General Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 14 November 2007

This motel is older and a little frayed, but we found it to be clean and a good $40+ value with micro/frig, free wifi, an elevator, and continental breakfast of cereal, muffins and bagels with coffee and juice. My only complaints: an outdoor heated pool that was cold, and some inconvenience from workers laying new carpet during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank antq

Reviewed 8 November 2007

Good value, clean room and free internet....

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank flexonguy

Reviewed 19 October 2007

I feel for the location, and the price. You can not find a better hotel to stay at if you care about cost and value. Clean rooms, clean pool, friendly helpful staff, friendly courteous owner who is right on location. 10 Miles to the beach, and $200 cheaper. A hard find in a tourist area.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank paulsimon84

Reviewed 29 August 2007

OK so my family went on a vacation or so thats what it is usualy called.... idk what those ppl writing good reviews are even talking about. They must be staff that worked there OR something. IT WAS AWFUL..... 4 different rooms. The first night there we had problems and had to be moved. then the 2nd room we stayed in had ROACHES....which my mother is deathlyyyy affraid of and so we where moved again to another room which we thought may be ok but come to find out HAD ROACHES ALSO.... so they moved up upstairs to a newer room/ non-smoker. we are all smokers... all well so we had to smoke out side no biggie I suppose. So they finally put us in a room that is alright for the time being/ another room down a floor. and the next day we did actauly run into the exterminater.... but as I read the reviews how many times can he come????!!!!!?????.... Altho when we contacted them about leaving and going to another hotel they wanted to charge us the entire stay that we booked plus expedia didnt want to pay for the other hotel that we where going to move to so we would have had to pay another 600 dollars on top of all the money we had already spent on the trip there for the week. and there breeakfest STINKS.... they dont even have toast. not everyone likes danishes. The pool was alright nothing to brag over but it worked and no complaints there ne ways. SO if u want to stay some wheres cheap and can deal with cockroaches and bad business then this super 8 or DUMSPTER 8 as I like to think of it.... is for you. Enjoy ur vacations!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank kandikanekutie

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I am pleased to inform you that we have recently renovated to address the issues you have mentioned. Also, I am pleased to inform you that we have recently changed over to a 100% smoke free property. We hope that you will visit us in the future to see the changes we have made. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2007

I arrived durning the day. around 4pm . Checked in very friendly desk clerk. No problems checking in. It was very clean in the lobby. Which i figured well it might not be so bad. My niece and I went up stairs and put our luggage in the room and we left. I was there for a week visiting my sister. we got back around 9pm there was a horrible smell, warning they use dirty water for plants and it stinks very bad. We went to bed, I was reading a book and went to put it down to goto sleep and there were roaches crawling on the table next to me. I woke my niece in panic. I am scared to death of roaches. They were on the chairs, all over the fridge and microwave. I went down to check out right then. I was told they would give me another room. Which i figured if one room had roaches so did the rest. I asked to check out again. He told me he couldn't only the manager could. I asked him to call the manager. He did, the manager advised he would take care of it in the morning and refund my money the next day. I could come back and pick it up after noon. He said it was because i had a special rate. I told him it was fine to charge me the regular rate not the special rate. They said they could not do that. They had already charged my credit card the full amount. At this time i was very upset i was paying in cash and only held the reservation with my card. So warning I would find another place. but i did get a refund for the week minus the night they charged me for leaving.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family