Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport
Ranked #80 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deven K, General Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deven K, General Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We picked this motel because it was close to where we needed to be the next day...we arrived late and were exhausted from traveling otherwise we would have never stayed after discovering how filthy this motel was.....don't make our mistake. The sheets had holes in them and were paper thin. My husband thought there was an odor...we opened the window so that we were able to stay the night but left very early. didn't go near the breakfast room...yikes...a big thumbs down!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nana54
Deven K, General Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family booked a vacation in hopes of a pleasant trip. From the moment we arrived at this super 8 motel it was a disaster. When we arrived the attendant told my husband the door to the bathroom was broken off the night before. He said they would have to move us to a new room which was fine. A pain to have to move all our belongings twice, but it was fine. We get to the room and try to turn on the television for our three children while I get our things situated so we could run to the store for some snacks and drinks. The t.v. does not work. The room smelled so bad of cigarette smoke my children kept coughing and we asked for non-smoking. So my husband goes down to tell the attendant and as I am telling our children to get there things and they step out the door shuts and my son turns the knob and it just opens back up. I said how did you open the door? He said like this and just opened it up. The door was broke and would not lock. I was messing with it when my husband and the "manager" steve comes up. I said well the door does not lock. This will have to be fixed. He said I can't fix it tonight, It will have to wait until I can call someone and its a holiday weekend. I said, no we have three children and our door has to lock. He continued to tell me that he was the supervisor and could not call anyone else or another hotel because they were all booked, which they were because it was a holiday weekend. I said "so were suppose to just go to bed without being able to lock the door". He said "deal with it or check out". By this time I was furious and let my husband deal with it. Needless to say my husband and I with three exhausted children had to take all of our luggage and lug it back down to the car just to be able to go to the store. We looked for other hotels but knew nothing was available. When we showered the water barley came on. The water was lukewarm. The next morning my husband talked to the general manager and nothing was noted about the door, the broke bathroom door that was gone or the television. He said he has had several complaints but why is he still there. We checked out and received a refund for the other nights but the general manager could have cared less. We will NEVER stay at another super 8 ever again. We went to the Holiday Inn Express and had an amazing remainder of our trip with a full course breakfast every morning. My husband and I did not get much sleep praying that someone would not come

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Deven K, General Manager at Super 8 Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014