“Will stay again”

Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida
“Will stay again”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Well my daughter lives close by in Clearwater so I was looking for an economical place to stay. After reading the reviews on this site I decided to book a reservation. I had a queen room which included a sink, cabinets, 4 ft. refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, couch and a tube TV. I'm really not very particular as long as a place is clean and the Florida Inn is very clean. The price was very low to be 5 minutes (3.5 miles) from the beach and close to shopping, fuel, and a Walmart local market just a couple of minutes up Highland Ave. It's a very convenient location unless you want to stay right on the beach. The owners are very friendly and work hard to keep the place clean. There is no longer a washing machine on site but I found a very clean laundry called Senor Bubbles just a short trip on Cleveland St. with lots of machines and everything you need. I have already booked another stay with this motel. It is not new, and if you want a fancy motel/hotel then you may look somewhere else but for those of us wanting a clean, comfortable place to stay I can't find a better place for the price. I am rating it in comparison with other places in this category, not against high rises on the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank tacoma200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Chester and Mary are the best.
I have stayed at the Floridian Inn twice in two years both times for five months or more.
I sell cars in the winter and vacation in Vermont in the summer
I can tell you if you have any problems they will take care of it.
The rooms are super clean and are very comfortable.
The many seasonal guest that return every year are very friendly just
step outside and be greeted by some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
The people that gives this place a bad review needs to stay at the Hilton and spend $200. a night and I bet they still complain.
If you need anything all you have to do is ask.
Joe S

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank joe s
Bristol, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The owners, Chester and Mary are very likable, helpful, and hard working and friendly, so people give the resort a higher rating than it deserves to help out the owners.

The room did not lock securely and the previous night a boy was murdered in the park next to the hotel.

You expect a run down room at this price point but it was not as clean as the other reviewers indicated. The room had a closed up smell that was slightly musty plus hair in the bathroom and dust all over.

The hotel is convienant to restaurants because it is right on a main road.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank spill_beans
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My family lives in Clearwater, and over the years I'd probably driven or walked by the Floridian Inn hundreds of times without even thinking about it. My wife and I were about to drive down to visit everyone for Christmas when we learned that several family members had come down with stomach flu. We needed a place to stay close by, and chose the Floridian Inn based on its reviews.

First, a word about the owners, Mary and Chester: we arrived on short notice very late on Christmas Eve, and they left a room open for us without even asking for a credit card number. They gambled that we would be decent guests, and admitted us on the honor system - a very rare attitude nowadays. During our visit we saw them doing a lot of cleaning and maintenance around the Inn. They are clearly "hands on" managers, and care a lot about making guests feel welcome and comfortable.

Our room was very clean and spacious, with a couch, kitchenette, sink, microwave oven, dining table, and cooking utensils. The bed was a real bed, not just a box frame with a mattress that is so common today even in nicer hotels. There are also chairs outside your door so that you can relax outside. The bathroom fixtures were a bit retro (perhaps intentionally so?) but were very clean and in excellent repair. The Floridian Inn also has a convenient laundry room if needed.

My wife and I only had two minor complaints: first, the WiFi signal in our room was weak. We had to sit near the door to get a good connection. Second, the towels and washcloths were thin and rough. Mary and Chester were more than happy to give us extra towels on request, but we would have honestly preferred a couple of large, plush towels instead of several smaller thin ones. By contrast, the pillows and bedsheets were perfectly fine. You might want to consider bringing along some nicer towels of your own if you're planning an extended visit.

Despite those minor concerns, my wife and I were very satisfied with our visit, and would certainly not hesitate staying there again. The location is convenient, safe, and within walking distance of several restaurants. The Floridian Inn is not a fancy venue, but it is certainly a bargain for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Tim H
Wittenberg
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stay each year for about a week to 10 days and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Clearwater. The room price for extended stays is unbeatable. Location is great, about 5 minutes from the beach and blocks from shopping and resturants. The owners are unbelievable nice and will do whatever it takes to make you happy. When our family stays there Mary and Chester make us feel right at home and that's just the feeling you want while on vacation. The pool is exceptionally clean and kept along with the rest of the grounds which is great for the days on vacation when you just need some down time (especially with kids!) to relax. We will spend a vacation there every year we can.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lorin P
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was searching for an inexpensive motel in Clearwater, and read the excellent reviews here on Trip Advisor. I went ahead and booked for a 2 week stay, and find that everyone was right.
It really IS a clean, comfortable and convenient place to stay. The owners - Chester and Mary - are very helpful and friendly, and can't do enough for you. 5 stars!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank thewave2000
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is a wonderful place for families! The rooms are clean and spacious. The pool is nice and big. The owners are friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family