“Comfortable, clean, cheap”

Ranked #65 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Dayton, Ohio
“Comfortable, clean, cheap”
Reviewed 11 February 2011

The room was comfortable and clean. Nice kitchenette area. Close enough to clearwater beach. Lots of dining nearby.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MountainlakeGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Been going to this place when in clearwater beach.I travel the country,and get to see many places,this is a good one.
A:)Owner friendly
B:)Clean rooms
C:)Central location
If your looking for a quiet place to sleep,and need to get around clearwater,I recommend this place...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Rocko999
naples, fl
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This has got to be the worst "motel" in Clearwater! The first sign of something that was terribly wrong was the intense smell of cigarettes ( I’m a smoker but have never in my life smelled anything as bad as the funk in that room.)

The conditions in the room were as followed:
1---The rugs were dirty, dusty and smelled like urine
2---The bathroom was disgusting, the curtain had mildew, and the tub had a ring around it.
3---The curtains in the room were filthy, full of dust and were hanging off the curtain rod.
4---The refrigerator had mold around the door.
5---The air conditioner had like 4 pounds of old dust
and made a very loud noise to the point I turned it off, because I was afraid it was going to fall off the wall.

The worst thing that happened was I was bitten all over my body by bed-bugs. And, at check out time the manager treated me like a criminal and threatened me with calling the police, just because I had gone past my check out time simply because they never told me the time that I was suppose to check out.
He didn't ask any question just barged in the room and kicked me out as if I were some criminal. so, PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT the Floridian Inn, ESPECIALLY if you have children. always read the reviews and never stay anywhere without been sure. I had never ever had such a terrible experience as I had at this motel and wish that after reading this report you have better judgment than I did.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank mrbabayan
ciezczaks, Manager at Floridian Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2011
No management respond to fake revues.
Trip advisor was inform about this.
Mary
Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Although, it was quite a little jaunt to the beach I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the hospitality of the owners. If was a great family place and I will probably go here again next year with my family. The pool area was well-kept the room was spotless.

It's on the main drag to the beach and the road out front is very, very hectic and busy.

I was traveling with my husband, two grown daughters, one of the daughter's boyfriend, a 3 year old grandson, my sister and her husband - so we were something of a motley crew and we all thought it a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Cumbria
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed here for one night in May last year in order to look around the area before heading south. Although off the main busy highway there was no traffic noise in our room. Friendly couple who run the place kept it very clean and our room had everthing needed (cooker, etc) for anyone who wished to stay longer. Cheaper than neared the beach (although only 10 mins away) it was around £45 a night for the room, cheaper for longer stays, Unfortunately we had made other arrangements and couldn't stay longer. It had a nice pool and was ideal base for touring the area. Dunedine was 15 mins away and was a very nice place to spend a day, hire a bike and go on the flat road beside the ocean. Nice little quirky/craft shops there and was charming. In two weeks our motel gave us the best nights sleep we had.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ennerdale
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Could not have ask for any better...We were very impressed with the friendly service...very clean room...and the owners of the motel are always available to meet your every need...A place you can really feel safe and comfortable. When we are back in that area, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WDMD
ilkeston uk
Reviewed 20 May 2010

We stayed at the Floridian in May 2010 for two nights as we wanted to look around Clearwater.
The position is not too bad just a 5min drive to the beach. It has everything you need and is quite roomy, but the fixtures and fittings are way past their sell by date and the air con was too noisy to have on all night , as it was nearly 80 degrees sleeping was impossible.
The Hosts Chester & Mary are very nice nothing was to much trouble.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bertieIlkestonUk
ciezczaks, Manager at Floridian Inn, responded to this review, 1 June 2010
Thank you so much for staying at the Floridian Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay. With regards to the air condition, if you would have let us know that something was wrong with it, the problem would have been fixed immediately. I hope that you will reconsider and return but thanks again for staying at the Floridian Inn!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearwater
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N
Travelers Inn
Travelers Inn
#8 of 11 in Clearwater

Been to Floridian Inn? Share your experiences!