“Fantastic location”

and 1 more site!
Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Beach
Ranked #62 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights after a cruise. We were in a bit of distress as we had booked another motel in the area, took one look at it and decided we were not going to stay! i wont name it but there was a furniture sale on in the parking lot, there were a number of people drinking beer and smoking outside. It looked like a hostel for drop-outs! We fled and pitched up at the Man=gnuson. Very helpful, very friendly. It is an older hotel but clean, right on the beach and very reasonable. We had a room with a gulf view. We used the laundry facilities to get our clothes sorted and chilled out. Continental breakfast provided was a bit limited, but for a snack before you went out it was fine. Location, location location. Perfect.

Room Tip: We were on top floor with a gulf view, recommended. Room had two double beds, fridge, microwave and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We just came back after spending 8 nights in this hotel !!! the hotel is older & needs some TLC, but the room was clean & the beds we clean as well !! We really didn't need anything else.
The Location is PERFECT !!! just across the street from the beach !! & right on the Beach Walk !! we were within walking distant of a couple great parks & Winter !! from Dolphin Tales !!
Would we go back !!! you bet !! Great Price for a GREAT LOCATION !!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Truffles54
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was my first experience with this hotel. I was fortunate to have Richard and Laura help me during my stay....They were GREAT! Very helpful and friendly. Location was perfect. We could walk everywhere. If there was a drawback it was the beds.....very hard!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Overall we had a decent stay the rooms were big and they were clean........But the staff was very unfriendly. we had to leave for a job at night and when we came back the night shift lady had her pickup parked on the side of the building and it was blocking me from getting in the parking lot as i had a 24' truck. there is not a lot of room for trucks and we paid extra to park it. The lady was yelling at me and swearing at me because i asked her to move her pickup for a short period of time so i could park my truck. and on top of that she was not even in the building. She was next door hanging out and we had to call her to come back....she took 10 mins to get back. i would never stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

This is the hotel to stay at if you are looking for a no frills, inexpensive hotel, as close to the beach as walking across the street. It does have a nice clean pool area with pink flamingos everywhere. May seem corny but its fun! Only thing the place truly needs is new beds!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Paint fumes during stay were unbearable as the hotel is being refurbished. Pool was unheated and extremely cold. Paid via booking.com for 2 adults and 2 children but had to pay an additional $22 for the chldren locally, in addition to local tax. I paid for a 2 double bed room and was told that I had been upgraded free of a charge to a 2 double bed room - in fact the receptionist pointed out that the aditional $22 for the children which I had queried about was a small price to pay for this upgrade (which I had originally paid for anyway via booking.com!). At the time of my booking I was able to book for 4 people via booking.com, but now this has changed to reflect the hotel policy. The room was noisy from the cheap air con unit, the adjoining bedroom and the road outside - during my stay there were people shouting outside at 1am and 3am. The noise of the cars was also loud and the odd Harley Davidson engine was terrible. There is an LCD TV in rooms, but sadly only a few channels worked during my stay - channels had a message "searching for satellite signal". Breakfast was included but is a coffee and packaged pastry effort in a very small basic lobby and not worth bothering with. Although the location is excellent, overall this was a terrible stay.

Room Tip: Go for beach side rooms which might be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hywla
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a short vacation. It was very equipped and quiet. From my room I could see the ocean even though I paid for a regular room. CONGRATS to staff and management. would definitely recomend this place to families and couples. It has a pool

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo