“Not expensive hotel , right on the beach”

GulfView Hotel - On The Beach
Ranked #73 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
netherlands
“Not expensive hotel , right on the beach”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

If you are looking for a hotel right on the beach, and do not want to break the bank than Gulfview hotel is the right choice.. Free parking,, little breakfast and clean rooms with a little kitchen
Little pool and hote pool and a deck with plenty of chairs watching the ocean.
The deck could use a few moor umbrellas

Room Tip: The best dooms on the side watching the bridge. The other side can be noisy from the htel nextdoor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank wboon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Czech first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This small hotel, with its beachfront view, pool and good localization is a great place to vacation without spending a lot of money.
It is very children friendly,,, each room has a small kitchenette with pots pans, dishes, and cutlery. It also has a small fridge, microwave and stove.
The rooms are clean and comfortable...

Plenty of free parking and a free coffee and pastry for breakfast.

Gets fully booked fast.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms lead right to the swiming pool.
1 Thank MJ R
Cordele, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked in here after checking prices at other places and were pleasantly surprised to find it was $10.00 cheaper than advertised. The room was small, but adequate, and when they say on the beach, they are not kidding. You step from the parking lot or the patio directly on to the white sands of Clearwater Beach. And when they say Clearwater, they aren't kidding. You can see right through to the bottom, thousands of minnows swimming around your feet, and smooth rocks that adorn the ocean bed. Clearwater beach is my favorite beach I have ever stayed at, and for the one night we got to spend there, this room was more than adequate. And they gave us an extra hour for checkout which helped a lot with time to play on the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed on the opposite side of the hotel from the live band and construction next door and did no...
6 Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 12th-13th August had planned to stay until the 14th but couldn't handle another night. We booked for an extra bed which was not provided and never appeared so basically ended up top and tailing not very relaxing. The air conditioner was so loud. The units around the tv were all damaged and weird looking. The door to the balcony didn't lock the music from the bar next door was so loud late into the night, the band were good but sooo loud and played until well after midnight. During the day there were signs that the lifts were not going to be working what actually happened was the whole power was shut off so the stair wells and corridors were pitch black, trying to follow the walls I managed to walk into the fire extinguisher ...err ouch! The pool was dirty and has stuff floating in it.
Two good things its on Clearwater beach it was beautiful and the sea was warm and lovely and it has in the rooms a Stovinkerator (please google) I thought/hoped they were a myth.
So don't stay here if you like clean pools and sleep. Do stay here if you will only be drunk on returning to you room and like kitchen equipment from the 1950's.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank K8tgegr8

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The water and Harbour views were great. Walking distance to most attractions. For the beach, just walk outside. We really enjoyed our stay and will return. Excellent value. Rooms were a bit dated but no complaints. Had a good size fridge and microwave. Even two hot plates if required. The only downside was the standard of the breakfast. Pastries only, but that is reflected in the price. Whatever you do go for the rooms with a view.

Room Tip: End rooms closest to the rear
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aust1
Nottingham
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Just checked out of the gulfview hotel after spending 5 briliant nights there with my sisters. Rooms are clean and well furnished, beds super comfy and are equipped with fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The location is perfect and the hotel has its own private beach! Great pool area too which wasn't too crowded. All the staff are soo friendly, but Pete was especially lovely and helped us soo much. Would definitely recommend and hope to return next year!

• Stayed August 2013
Hernando Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I just got back from a stay at this hotel for 2 nights. I read the reviews and decided to go here because I could get a 2 nights stay for just a bit more than other hotels had for one nite. I did not plan on spending much time in the hotel other than sleeping, so I tried it out. I will admit that I am a teacher, so I dont like dramatic, negative blow ups, but I do like constructive truth. We paid for the partial gulf view, double room. I traveled with my daughters who are toddler and pre-teen. The outside was clean, kept, and appealing. When I arrived another customer was aggravated about having two cars and one room needed, and their policy of one parking space per room. I didn't mind it because the traffic in the other hotel parking lots that I later saw looked aggravating to me.Staff was friendly. Beach was nice, soft sand and clean. We enjoyed our busy yet uncrowded spot there, when we were not being trampled around at clearwater beach. The pool was clean and very refreshing to get into after the beach. The room does need a make over. The wood furniture is worn but meets your needs, the beds are not super soft as other hotels, but do the job, there are 2 pillows one on each bed and you can put them on top of each other to make one, so I wish I had brought more pillows, the coffee pot was small and very cheap, kept falling apart, but coffee is down stairs until 9, and we ate at ihop each morning so i got my coffee fix, the fridge was good for our food and drinks-we filled one of the dresser drawers with snacks and drinks and put them in the fridge as needed, there were some dishes with the kitchenette spot, but they were sloppily cleaned and it did not have dish soap there so you could clean them yourself if you wanted to use them, t.v. was new and nice. The view of the gulf was good, the girls liked watching the people while they waited, and the boats go by. There is construction next door, it is an eyesore, but didnt bother us as we spent the days at the beach. now the music........ok, I was on the 4th floor side of the club, thats the side with the view. In the afternoons, I enjoyed having a choice of music as one side of the hotel had a guitarist, the other side had a band and both sides offered bars that i could get a drink from easily. So we sat on the side that we liked each day. so, we enjoyed the music during the day. the nite....uhhh.. it IS loud.. I could understand all words to any song through the sliding glass doors each nite. We could turn the t.v. up over the music and drown it out,, but then it was hard for me to sleep with a loud tv. the kids were so tired at days end from the beach they they fell asleep regardless. I am a light sleeper, so this did bother me, and i bought something to help me sleep. In conversation with another woman in the elevator, I asked if the music had kept her up too, and she look at me curiously. I said, you do not hear the music at nite? she said nope. I asked where her room was and it was on the bottom of the other side of the hotel. So, it seems to me if you exchange your balcony gulf view for a window view elsewhere, you get a quiet nite. My car stayed parked the entire stay. We got a jolley trolley day pass each day and went shopping, to the beach, to the pier, to Clearwater aquarium. You can walk 10 minutes on the sidewalk to clearwater beach or pier from here, and there are alot of people who walk to the shops and restaurants. Remember I was a mother traveling with my daughters, one of which still used a stroller, and it was a nice and comfortable walk for us when we chose to walk. When I checked out, the clerk was making it clear that there were not any late check outs to another person. Check in and out was fast and easy. Bottomline...would I stay again??.... yes, I would, and I would pay less to scratch the gulf view for another room to have a quiet nite. I much rather the bands or guitarist during the day at the beach than someone beside me blaring their choice of music. Clear water beach was a fun experience, but I liked the smaller crowd at the hotel beach, getting drinks from either hotel beside me to enjoy, and them the occasional, very close jump in the cool pool when the beach got too hot, ihop next door that served meals early and late hours, and the convenient location to the beach and trolley stops. my opinion, if you plan on only using your rooms for the occasional shower, changing, and sleep, then this is a good deal. If you want to spend good time in your room and end your day in a sinking soft bed, probably not the best fit for you. If you want the most bang for your buck and simply plan on using the room for your needs and not spoils, this may fit you well. hope it helps.

Room Tip: 4th floor gulf view is noisy from the bar at nite. if you like the bar and loud party music scene, t...
5 Thank mis t