“Returning Customer!”

Ranked #72 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Wisconsin
“Returning Customer!”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We had a wonderful stay beautiful location, just amazing. Couldn't have picked a better location. Within walking distance, located on the beach. Clean rooms, just very accomodating. Will return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WisconsinJeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
Rotherham
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Shocker of a hotel. Dirty. Booked for three nights checked out after one. We found a cockroach in the room. Reception too busy watching tv. Builders were doing a room up and it was like a building site. Only good thing view out of the window to the gulf, that is if u ignore the dirty pool deck

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2009

To Whom It May Concern,

Approximately, two weeks ago, I regretfully, booked a hotel room at the Econo Lodge on the Beach in Clearwater, Florida (the Gulfview location). I chose your hotel based on the pictures and descriptions your company so conveniently and dishonestly posted on your website. I also spoke with the gentleman that reserved the rooms and he too dishonestly represented the Econo Lodge on the Beach by bragging to about your great amenities that did not exist at all once I arrived to your location.

As I drove up, to your disgusting location, I immediately noticed the mold around the windows and the undeniable fact that the picture on your website did not resemble what I saw from the Gulfview parking lot. As I entered the lobby, I immediately noticed that it too did not bear a resemblance to the picture of the lobby posted on your website. So I immediately asked the unresponsive dark haired gentleman sitting at the front desk if I could see one of your rooms. I believe he set the rectangle key to open room 448 and allowed me to personally examine the room for myself. As I entered the spacious room, I saw chipped well worn down furniture, rust covering the lower half of the refrigerator area and a indisputable scent of mold drifting from the wet carpet.

Disgusted, I immediately left and strongly explained to the passive clerk that I would not allow my family to stay in such a disgrace of a room. As I reviewed the unacceptable conditions of the room and what my expectations were according to your website, a middle age blond hair woman rudely entered the one sided conversation I was having with the nonresponsive clerk. She even had the audacity to bring her laptop to the front counter and provide me with a picture she used as evidence to prove the hotel did look like the website picture. Once she realized her proof would never hold up in a court of law, she found it necessary to add that the picture was taken back in 2000 and if I stood in the middle of the ocean I could see the angle portrayed on the website.. Her unwarranted sarcasm was an insult to my intelligence and another sad confirmation of what “Econo Lodge” considers high quality of service whether it is evident in your product or employment.

I also explained that I would not like to be charged for the night since I would not dare risk the chance of my young children cutting themselves on the rust, walking on the sickening floor or placing our clothes in the filthy dresser drawers. I will admit that I was well aware of the cancellation agreement and was willing to abide by the agreement, if the cancellation my decision. However, unfortunately, my decision was based upon the falsehood of your website. Your website over exaggerates the conditions of your hotel horribly and this fabrication, yes, forced me to make the decision to leave your property at once. I definitely made the decision to leave, once the same lady, told me she could give me another handicap room. A handicap room, I asked her in awe. I never asked for a handicap room and if a rusting and wet floor room was the best she could offer handicap residents then only God knows what the second attempt to impress the non – handicap would have been. For the record, I asked for a room for 2 adults and 2 children. The reservation was for 1 handicap adult! It was a risk I was not willing to make. Therefore, I made the decision to leave your establishment because your website gives a picture of luxury and instead of what it really looks like …hell.

In closing, your hotel service had been a huge disappointment and inconvenience for to my family and I. Bering charged for a nasty room that obviously was unacceptable enough for your employee to offer another room is totally unfair and represents your company once again in a negative standpoint. This memory will never leave my mind! I have a challenge for your company. Try being truthful and posting accurate pictures of what your hotel really depicts. Post pictures from the street view instead of the ocean view, pictures of your lobby with your rude management or a lifeless clerk sitting behind the desk, pictures of the rust in the kitchen area, pictures of the mold infested windows , the slow elevators, the frowning house keepers, and pictures of the pealing furniture. Then and only then will your establishment be respected for showing a true picture of Econo Lodge on the Beach in Clearwater, Florida. If I had seen these attributes on your website, then I would have been given a true picture and should have been charged for the room. If it embarrasses you, then change the quality of your service!

Extremely Dissatisfied,

Janese Jones

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank 0830jan
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We have stayed here for 3 years running. I checked a lot of places to stay in and this was by far the most reasonable. Yes it is an older place so you don't get all of the fluff but you're not paying for fluff. The water view rooms have a beautiful view of the inlet and as long as you don't mind loud music from Shepherd's next door (and we never have) it's a great place. The people are VERY nice, and VERY helpful. I would have no problem staying here again and again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
KY
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I have read some reviews on here, some good some bad. Alot of complaints about run down, dirty carpet ect..... Well yes, it's older, run down some, weird smell but thats all cheaper hotels on the beach. You don't get edgewater quality with 120 a night you should know better than that. Good location no seaweed at all while we were there. Music stopped at midnight from sheppards but could hardly hear it when the A.C. is running anyway and we were on the corner next to it( by the way, the house band was very good from over there so if you like music stay on the balcony and enjoy). My daughter became very sick while there with the stomach bug and the staff went out of their way to help us with everything we needed like new sheets, blankets and 4 new towels. The manager let us stay past depart time for a few hours to let her rest and asked us to let them know if we needed anything. Beach is a little small no crowds and found alot of counch shells. I will answer all inquirys honestly, There are nicer places to stay but for 120 a night "beachfront" you won't get better. you get what you pay for but I would stay there again, no problem.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
ms
Reviewed 3 July 2009

My family was just in clearwater June 20 & 21st. Let me just say I was not impressed. It's nasty. there's only 1 elevator that is slow grand-ma will make it down the stairs before you get off. and the parking is a JOKE!!!!! we drive a yukon xl an the staff called b/c we were parked to close to the line not on it or over but to close ok these people will have you towed. There is no beach to this place and you can hardly swim because of all the boats an jet-skis docked. it is pretty much a party spot. not family friendly. Now we went down to the public beach area and it was nice. I do not see myself ever going back. I will stick to Panama City Beach

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Henderson, KY
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I Read read reviews and could not believe my eyes. We stayed with 2 Adults 3 Kids and we felt very safe with no problems. The staff especially [Roy] in maintance went out of their way too make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We stay there every time we go too Clearwater Florida We would not stay anywhere else. We stayed there at least 4 years in a row. So everyone just about knew us. Lee & Linda Stone Henderson KY

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family