“Corner room with balcony and view of pool, beach and ocean, awesome!”

Quality Hotel On the Beach
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Pulling into parking lot I wasn't impressed. It's small and cramped. Walking into the corner executive suite I was very happy. 2 super comfy beds, 2 large windows with the perfect views. A mini fridge, microwave, table & couch plus. Even though we didn't spend much time in our room we did enjoy the balcony every morning and night watching boats and dolphins & the sunrise.
Being an older hotel it can use some work. I personally don't like carpet in hotels, let alone older carpet. The couch was stained and mini fridge door visibly dirty. Housekeeping needs checked into since an empty water bottle and what I hope was just chocolate chunks and a duster was left on the floor. Left a nice tip first day to encourage cleaning and had more black hairs in tub from what I suppose was wiped with a dirty rag considering we're blonde/gray.
The pool was nice having an edge to sit on in water. Though I couldn't paddle around because a group of children were running, jumping, splashing playing tag w/o attention to me trying to make one lap around. I'm disappointed in guests that sit by an umbrella then close it while we would've enjoyed an umbrella for some shade. The beach is right beyond pool, which is hard to find. Loved it.
The bar is separated by a gate, so when getting a couple drinks, it's hard to open the
gate. The personable bartender made great drinks though had to wait while he chatted, the next bartender made awful drinks we couldn't even get down.
Live entertainment was also nice. We were headed to a wedding, but enjoyed some of the music from our balcony.
Overall, this is a nice,quality hotel and would definitely stay again, especially after seeing the gloomy hotel room other wedding guests had down the
street.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Don’t expect any luxury here. This place is ok to change and sleep after a long day at the beach. Super clean rooms. Big rooms, comfortable beds, decorations not too tacky. Upgraded bathrooms and TV. Still a basic hotel/motel room. AC did not work very well in our room but we did not complaint. Housekeeping does a great job every day. We stayed in a room with a small balcony with a sight view of the ocean, it was fine…I wanted an oceanfront view room but now I’m glad I didn’t get that one, since those rooms are overlooking the pool as well, and it can get very messy and loud. Plus I would not want everyone watching me on the balcony, no privacy at all. The pool area is not big (mind me on this) but has some nice lounge chairs. The beach area is not really a beach area but nice enough to sit and relax, (I would not swim here and would not let my kids either), it was nice at night to walk and watch the sunset from here though, even with the loud music from the club next door, at least there is plenty of light in this area, not so much when you try to take a walk on the beach in actual Clearwater near the pier for example (pitch dark). The walk to the big public beach is not bad, 5 minutes maybe. There is a nightclub next door, so you will hear the music and the crowds till late at night. It was nice to have a policeman on site at the tiki bar at all times (precaution I guess). There is coffee and tea complimentary at the lobby. There are plenty of shops around, there is a Walgreens right across the street and everyone recommends for some reason the restaurant on the corner, but we actually regret going there, everything tasted more like frozen food to us. Management tries hard to please you. We would go back to this place if there was no other hotel available next time and we would choose a place with at least a kitchenette, you will spend a lot of money eating out three meals a day. Nothing bad, but nothing wow either. Carpet looked kind of dirty. Price ok for what you pay. We did have a great vacation, regardless of where you stay Clearwater is beautifull and there is so much to do and see.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Flew down for an interview and stayed here for a night, in a good location and within walking distance of several restaurants and areas. The beach does end not far from the hotel with a big mound of rocks so you have to walk out to the sidewalk and down to get to the actual big public part of Clearwater beach, but it is a reasonable walk. Nice room and balconies, would recommend people stay here that are looking for a budget hotel. Nice pool and pool bar with cheap food and drinks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TXMARTINS
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for four nights after a hectic 10 days in Orlando, Clearwater is stunningly beautiful and so lovely to relax and see the real Florida (I got very excited seeing the pelicans flying around and the dolphins swimming in the gulf), most definitely worth a visit. This hotel is at the tail end of Clearwater just before the bridge over to St Peter's beach, there is a small private beach in front. The pool although small was great and walking from the pool area straight onto the beach was fabulous. The room was large and clean, the hallway carpet a bit dated but so what! This meant I didn't feel as guilty when we inevitably traipsed sand on to it when we were going back to our room. Car parking was fine (remember there is a daily charge), we arrived on a Sunday and it was noisy and busy with a lot of boats pulled up on the beach, the next door bar didn't blast music too late into the night (about 11.00 ish I think). The day after was like a different place, lovely and quiet. We had a room advertised as partial gulf view, we were the second room back on the side overlooking the car park on the top floor and it was absolutely fine, we loved sitting out on the balcony and enjoyed the view. The sunsets here are stunning. There is a jolley trolley stop right outside the hotel and we used this to go further up into Clearwater to the great shops and choices of restaurant, and to Clearwater aquarium. A great place to eat is Gondoliers opposite the hotel they do a great breakfast and fabulous value dinners (the desert counter has to be seen to be believed - we counted 27 different options of cakes!). At reception there was always free coffee available, and the fridge and microwave in the room was very handy (there is a walgreens right opposite to buy bottled water, drinks, snacks etc). Opposite the hotel is a crazy golf which we enjoyed late one balmy evening. This hotel cost a fraction of those big ones further up the beach, it may not be as posh as those but we enjoyed our stay here, our first in a Quality Hotel and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Trudy J
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nothing Quality about this hotel. Slightly dated inside. Wasn't happy about their billing service. If you want to give your card over for drinks at bar, pool, beach etc. beware they automatically take $100 off your card. Our bill was $42 still waiting for the $58 to be credited back on my card... It's takes 'a few days'. Am more disappointed I wasn't told this is the norm when they swiped my card!!! Tell your guests first please! ... Also when I checked out on the bar bill we'd had 2 extra drinks added to the bill, the waitress pointed this out but did nothing to rectify it. AND I'd given her top tip. That's just plain rude....and to a point...fraudulent !!! So disappointed. The Aircons extremely loud in the evening too but at least it works I suppose. Will not stay here again, wish we'd booked into Shepherds next door.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed there 2 nights in july 2013. Very night hotel placed at the beachfront. Small poolarea with sunbeds, beach just 10 meter away from poolarea.
Spacious rooms with view over the beach. Very nice and helpfull staff.
We will come back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lotte V
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visit The Quality Inn on Clearwater Beach every few years. The location is ideal for everything. Walking distance to wonderful gourmet & seafood, lunch and evening dining and entertainment, shopping, convenience stores, public beaches, amusements, a great marina and more. But what I like most is that you can enjoy a private beach with your own "local" tiki bar and pool for evenings with family, or a quiet romantic evening together. The Hotel staff are always superb and very accommodating. Rooms are not small, and the gulf views are really nice, especially at sunset. You can view the fishing and tour boat traffic throughout the day. When we arrive, we park the car, and don't get back in it until we're ready to leave. We love this place.

Room Tip: The little extra cost for a room with a view is well worth it.