All reviewsihop restaurantacross the streetclearwater beachrum runnerlive musicper daypool areaparking feean older hotelocean viewsand keylounge chairsnice poolspring breakan umbrellatikiconstruction
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We were very happy with our stay at the quality inn. Smaller hotel with a nice little pool and beach area, not too far to walk to the main beach area but not so close you get stuck in the crazy traffic! We were there over the busy memorial day weekend and there was definitely a lot of partying going on, but lots of families too. Nice to have the IHOP in the hotel for quick breakfast before heading out for the day! Very close drive to Sand Key and Indian Rocks beaches, walking distance to main clearwater beach and restaurants! 2 hotels down from Shephards, the main party bar/hotel in the area. Rooms were nicely updated with granite sink countertops, tile shower, flatscreen tv, safe, microwave, fridge, hairdryer etc. We will definitely stay here again if we visit. It can be a bit noisy at night if you face the parking lot but the noise is drowned out easily if you turn on the AC unit or just the fan.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwhitchurch
Reviewed 23 May 2009

After intensive searches for an inexpensive but nice hotel for my getaway with my 5 year old son, I settled on the Quality Hotel on the Beach and am very happy I did. I only paid about $100 a day. The hotel is not huge, only 5 floors and it is clean and comfortable. I think it is ideal for families. You can get a room right off the pool (tho we did not) and there is an Ihop restaurant attached to the hotel and you can charge meals to your room account. Just keep in mind that on weekends Ihop is packed. The hotel is located on the channel, not directly on Clearwater Beach but WAIT....it is only about a block and such an easy walk from the main beach AND the hotel has a sandy beach with shells and swimming. Just feet from the pool and your room. Lots of sand for the kids tho my son preferred the pool. There's a tiki bar (again, charge those rumrunners to your room). There was a musician playing easy island type music. Lots of lounge chairs on the beach and around the pool. Washer and dryers in the hotel...with soap and dryer sheets for $1.25 each. Across the street is a Walgreen's so you can pick up all that you need including snacks (rooms have fridges and microwaves). There are a couple of souvenir shops directly across the street as well as a very cool putt putt golf place. You really can let your teens and preteens go in this area. There are a couple of other restaurants across the street, too. The trolley picks up in front of the hotel for easy travel to the Pier 60 (don't miss it in the evening, fun stuff for kids especially) but a cab ride to the Pier or where all the tourist boat rides (like the red pirate ship) are located is only $3.00 so for more than 2 people, take the cab. There usually was one across the street at the Hess gas station. Ok, I loved the hotel and would recommend it to any friend but I have a couple of things that you should know. We got there on a Wednesday. Quiet and fun. Saturday was a whole new world. Small boats and partyers anchor by the hotel's beach and use the Tiki bar. Not really a family atmosphere tho there were more kids. I recommend doing the sightseeing on Saturday. The hotel was good about keeping them out of the pool area which is fenced but a lot of music and drinking and fumes from the boats when you were on the beach. By late dusk, they were gone. Other than that, I was really happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Liked location of hotel as it was away from the more congested area of Clearwater Beach. Stayed 5/15-17 which was a weekend. Didn't have a problem with the boats that park at the beach, but had noise from bars letting out @ 2 AM & noisey neighbors below us who talked til 4:30 AM. Had a partial-view room (#409-nice & updated) which faced the beach & parking lot. Enjoyed being out on the balcony & sitting on the beach watching the sunset & boats going by.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My daughter (24 yrs old) and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. Nothing is better than staying directly on the beach while visiting Clearwater. We found it to be a great hotel - super convenient to the IHOP Restaurant in the lobby. My tip on IHOP eating is to split a breakfast - they are way to large for one person. The hotel ALWAYS had extremely fresh coffee on hand in the lobby - it was Never Empty like some hotels. And, it was as good as Starbucks! Staff was friendly - helped us stay an additional night without having to move to another room. Allowed our guest who visited for a few hours to park onsite. However, the one thing I did not like was the bar next to the pool. At night, we didn't want to go down to pool for this fact. But it was one of the most reasonable places to stay and very very very clean-no issue there. Drawback - you can't rent movies through the television and there is no fitness room, which if it rains - you're gonna want.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I spent around a month researching hotels in the Clearwater/St. Pete area. After much deliberation, I chose the Quality Hotel on the Beach because of the affordability. My husband and I have a 3 year old girl and an 8 year old boy and no one on this vacation came back disappointed. The hotel is older, but has gone through obvious rennovation. If you have never been to the Clearwater area (which we hadn't), there isn't a lot of ritz and glamour, so this hotel fit in just fine. The free coffee in the lobby was excellent and always available. The hotel room was much larger than some hotel rooms, with double queen beds and what the hotel considered a "partial" view of the ocean. I was worried about this, but much to my suprise, it was a very good view of the ocean! The only rooms here I would NOT have enjoyed were those that overlooked the parking lot. There is a washer and dryer on premesis, a 24 hr IHOP, a Walgreens across the street, and is walking distance from Pier 60 and Clearwater's Public Beach. We ended up buying soups, breakfast items, chips, etc. from Walgreens to make for breakfast and lunch because there is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The pizza place across the street is fantastic (I think we ate there 3 nights). We did take one afternoon and visited Clearwater (public) Beach just down the street but ended up leaving after only 1 1/2 hour because it was SO crowded AND it was on a Tuesday. I had to grab another 3 yr old that was in the water near us because she had gone under for God knows how long (she was behind us) while dad was laying out on the beach. The hotel sits on a channel so there are not the large crashing waves or the powder soft sand and I wanted my children to experience that...they were ready to go back after an hour too! There are many shells that wash up around sunset (which is totally visable and absolutely amazing) and we found several starfish. Someone on here complained about the boats anchoring on the weekends and the loud music blaring...well, the boats were there, there was occasional music coming from the boats, but the Tiki bar's music was definately much louder. I guess we are used to this type of thing on the sandbars of the Mississippi so it was really no big deal. By Monday, there were maybe 5 other couples on the beach and another 5 poolside. Housekeeping was great and did an awesome job too! The only complaint that I had was when I approached the front desk (on our last night there) the lady working was very short with me and seriously lacked customer service skills. I said "excuse me, when we check out...." and she cut me off without even looking up and said "you will have a receipt slid under the door that will state any charges". Well, I was not going to ask that...I was going to ask if we could just leave the key in the room. It was one of those "lady I get asked this question several times a day and I am really sick of it so I am going to give you a memorized line that I give everyone...AND I am going to do it without even looking you in the eye". Other than that...thumbs up from our family! Email me if you want to know more or see some pics nylakw@hotmail.com just put Question about Clearwater in the subject line or I might delete your email.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family