All reviewsihop restaurantacross the streetclearwater beachrum runnerlive musicper daypool areaparking feean older hotelocean viewsand keylounge chairsnice poolspring breakan umbrellatikiconstruction
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My husband and I decided to take a few days off to get away from the routine. We checked in on Wednesday and left on Saturday. The room where very nice, I was impress with the cleanliness of the bathroom.

Great location and view. Beach was nice but as other have express the boats and their drunk owners on the beach are annoying. They take over the beach chairs and then there are not many left for the hotel guest. One boat even threw his anchor right on the sand, which creates a tripping, hazard for anyone.

Also when checking out make sure you take everything with you or it will not be returned. We checked out Saturday morning and I left my hair flat iron (valued at $150) on the bed. Upon arriving home I called and let them know, they assure me they would call me right back, but of course did not. I called again and by this time the person that answered the phone said that she did not have access to the lost and found but would leave a note for someone to call me in the am, of course no one did. Called again on Sunday several times and was not able to get any response except that they hadn’t heard from housekeeping yet. On Monday someone finally called me back to tell me that they had nothing turned in from that room and that all they could do. When asked to speak to a manager she informed me that she was the manager. So in other words I was wasting my time complaining.

So the hotel is a great value if you don’t have anything stolen otherwise it becomes a little more expensive.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EVGalan
QualityBeach, eGuest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2009

Regarding items left behind, I agree that our response time in this situation was poor. Unfortunately we were unable to find this item, though we do make every effort to locate and ship items that are inadvertently left.

Reviewed 12 June 2009

Stayed for a long weekend June 5 to June 8. Booked oceanfront room through website - $170.00 for Fri. & Sat. $140.00 for Sun. room 418. Room was plenty large, looked recently renovated. Impeccably clean. King bed. Fridge, microwave and Flat screen. Nice big balcony with great views of boats, and dolphins. Lots of oceanfront windows, could lay in bed or sit in uphollsterd chair with ottoman and view water, boats, etc. We like action but it did get a little too noisy on Sunday afternoon. Boats do come and anchor in front of the hotel and and all along the beach. Generally, the boaters were fine except for a couple who blasted their music so loud to overtake everyone else. We were having visitors that day and we just brought our chairs down the beach. The police did come and had the obnoxious boater lower their music. All the staff could not have been more helpful. Christian at the desk and GM Chad were great. The entire hotel is very clean. Housekeeping staff constantly making rounds and taking care of spills, etc. Walgreen's across the street convenient for snacks, etc. We walked to dinner and lunch at Shepard's on the water. Walked to Pier 60 and had casual but good dinner in our bathing suits after a long beach day at Frenchy's. Had more formal dinners at Island Way Grill which is on the way in to Clearwater Beach and at Columbia over on Sand Key. Had breakfast at the attached IHOP every morning. Walked the Sand Key bridge over to Sand Key park twice every morning for exercise. Spectactular views. It's a busy but beautiful area. If you are looking for peace and solitude, may not be your cup of tea, but we enjoyed all this area had to offer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KHTRN
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We were very happy with our stay at the quality inn. Smaller hotel with a nice little pool and beach area, not too far to walk to the main beach area but not so close you get stuck in the crazy traffic! We were there over the busy memorial day weekend and there was definitely a lot of partying going on, but lots of families too. Nice to have the IHOP in the hotel for quick breakfast before heading out for the day! Very close drive to Sand Key and Indian Rocks beaches, walking distance to main clearwater beach and restaurants! 2 hotels down from Shephards, the main party bar/hotel in the area. Rooms were nicely updated with granite sink countertops, tile shower, flatscreen tv, safe, microwave, fridge, hairdryer etc. We will definitely stay here again if we visit. It can be a bit noisy at night if you face the parking lot but the noise is drowned out easily if you turn on the AC unit or just the fan.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwhitchurch
Reviewed 23 May 2009

After intensive searches for an inexpensive but nice hotel for my getaway with my 5 year old son, I settled on the Quality Hotel on the Beach and am very happy I did. I only paid about $100 a day. The hotel is not huge, only 5 floors and it is clean and comfortable. I think it is ideal for families. You can get a room right off the pool (tho we did not) and there is an Ihop restaurant attached to the hotel and you can charge meals to your room account. Just keep in mind that on weekends Ihop is packed. The hotel is located on the channel, not directly on Clearwater Beach but WAIT....it is only about a block and such an easy walk from the main beach AND the hotel has a sandy beach with shells and swimming. Just feet from the pool and your room. Lots of sand for the kids tho my son preferred the pool. There's a tiki bar (again, charge those rumrunners to your room). There was a musician playing easy island type music. Lots of lounge chairs on the beach and around the pool. Washer and dryers in the hotel...with soap and dryer sheets for $1.25 each. Across the street is a Walgreen's so you can pick up all that you need including snacks (rooms have fridges and microwaves). There are a couple of souvenir shops directly across the street as well as a very cool putt putt golf place. You really can let your teens and preteens go in this area. There are a couple of other restaurants across the street, too. The trolley picks up in front of the hotel for easy travel to the Pier 60 (don't miss it in the evening, fun stuff for kids especially) but a cab ride to the Pier or where all the tourist boat rides (like the red pirate ship) are located is only $3.00 so for more than 2 people, take the cab. There usually was one across the street at the Hess gas station. Ok, I loved the hotel and would recommend it to any friend but I have a couple of things that you should know. We got there on a Wednesday. Quiet and fun. Saturday was a whole new world. Small boats and partyers anchor by the hotel's beach and use the Tiki bar. Not really a family atmosphere tho there were more kids. I recommend doing the sightseeing on Saturday. The hotel was good about keeping them out of the pool area which is fenced but a lot of music and drinking and fumes from the boats when you were on the beach. By late dusk, they were gone. Other than that, I was really happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Liked location of hotel as it was away from the more congested area of Clearwater Beach. Stayed 5/15-17 which was a weekend. Didn't have a problem with the boats that park at the beach, but had noise from bars letting out @ 2 AM & noisey neighbors below us who talked til 4:30 AM. Had a partial-view room (#409-nice & updated) which faced the beach & parking lot. Enjoyed being out on the balcony & sitting on the beach watching the sunset & boats going by.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family