All reviews ihop restaurant across the street clearwater beach rum runner live music per day pool area parking fee an older hotel ocean view sand key lounge chairs nice pool an umbrella tiki balcony gulf
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I took an impromptu Fourth of July Weekend /Berns Steakhouse trip. We tried to locate a hotel on Clearwater beach a day before the biggest holiday Beach weekend. The other hotels we would normally book were full to capacity. We were a bit reticent about this hotel but we trusted the Tripadvisor reviews. We had spectacular time soaking up the sun and libations under a palm tree. The room was clean and although we had to make a phone call at 3pm to have our ream cleaned, our request was tend to promptly. The IHOP was a plus after a day/night of "spirits". We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2009

After ALOT of research on trip advisor we decided to book a three day stay over the weekend at this hotel and could not have been happier with our choice. It was my boyfriend and I and our 9 year old son and we all had a great time. This was the first time I had stayed at a Quality Hotel and It was a great value for the price and am even happier we decided to spend the extra money on a beach front room with a great view and the extra space. Normally we will stay in what i consider mid-range priced hotels - $90-$140 range. Since we don't spend a lot of time in the hotels, I always try and find cheapest place I can that is clean, safe & comfortable. The tiki bar does get loud on the weekends but we knew that was a possibilty when we booked, but between the air conditioning running and being on the 5th floor, the noise did not bother us. The beach was very clean and much larger than I expected. We did not use the pool, but it was also very nice. We had a corner room facing the beach. When we checked it, we were told by the person at the front desk, that we had her favorite room and I believe her. Since we had booked thru Priceline and not directly thru the hotel, I was surprised to get such a good room. I did take a look in a few other rooms and they did seem smaller. We were warned that a lot of boats will come and drop anchor outside the hotel on the weekend, so we planned activities away from the hotel on Saturday, but I would not have been upset had we stayed. I did not think it was that bad. It's a great location...about a 20 minute walk from Pier 60 and the marina, it was nice having a Walgreens right across the street, and many restaurant choices both across the street and within a 10 minute walk of the hotel. Parking was free and easy to come by since they do have a person watching the lot to make sure only guests park there. The do have coin operated laundry on site, which was also a plus and did not have to wait when we wanted to use it. Clearwater Beach is very touristy, so if you are looking for something quieter and more laid back, you may want to consider staying south in St Pete's Beach or St Johns Pass area. If we go back, we will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jmb84
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Anything you expect before you get there, confirm over and over if you have to. If you have any issues, which 3 of the guests did while I was there, they are not happy to resolve it. Everything is the customer's fault according to them and when they have your money, they're done - trust me. If you're going to pay that kind of money for beachfront, get a place that does better with customer relations.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amv2470
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My girlfriends were visiting to celebrate a 40th birthday. I was meeting them in Tampa at the Airport and we want to stay two nights in Clearwater. I was having trouble finding any hotels on the beach that weren't extremely expensive. I found this hotel online and it was reasonably priced for the time of year in Florida. We got a room over looking the water and the pool with a balacony. The beds were comfortable and they had a fridge in the room. The hotel was walking distance to restaurants, shops and the main pier was maybe a mile walk. We had a great time. The only minor complaint was the size of the bathroom/shower area. Very tight. It was very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed at the hotel from 6/21/09 to 6/26/09 and had an awesome time. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was excellent. The pool and beach were nice, the hotel provides beach chairs and beach towels (no rental cost) and the tiki bar is a plus too. There are several places to eat within walking distance including an ihop attached to the hotel. The ihop was not the greatest place, there was an open drop ceiling tile above one of the booths and this place has not been updated with the rest of the facility. All in all a great vacation and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple