“best bang for the buck”

Quality Hotel On the Beach
Ranked #39 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 6 August 2009

good location- although during weekends, boaters dock on the shore and can get annoying and loud- though personally, i didnt mind-- its free music on the beach :D i like the small less crowded "beach" they have- its a nice change from the nice-yet-overcrowded main beach at clearwater.. (even on weekdays, the beach was jam packed). i booked through the website and got a very good deal. rooms were spacious and clean w/ comfortable beds- and- wifi is free.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

After doing much research, my family decided to stay at the Quality due to all of the great reviews. Last year on our trip to Clearwater Beach, we stayed at the Hilton and the Quality FAR exceeds the Hilton!! The only concern I had about the Quality was the distance from Pier 60, but it is about a mile walk and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, there was so much to do at the hotel and surrounding area, my daughter didn't even care about only going to Pier 60 one time! Actually, after going there one time, it's like "been there, done that".

When we initially booked our room, we booked a parital view, but after reading that some rooms had a sleeper sofa, we called to see if we could get a room with one, but were informed that those rooms are the ocean front rooms, so we upgraded and BOY were we glad that we did!!! We also read that some of the rooms had a lot of noise from Sheppards, so we asked for a room away from there. Upon check in, the clerk advised that he noticed we wanted a room away, but we had the best room in the building and he wasn't kidding!!! We had a room with 2 windows and both were views of the ocean! The room was soooo spacious! You could easily move around the room with 3 people! The fridge was one of the biggest fridges I've ever seen in a hotel. We would ask that our room be cleaned at a certain time (after spending time at the beach and the pool) and every time it was done! This hotel certainly is happy to please its guests!

Now I read that some people complain about the boaters, and we did expierence that, but the hotel does post a sign on the dresser that they cannot control it, since the beach is public. We stayed from M-F and only had 2 boats docked outside the hotel on Thursday. We will not stay on a weekend there, due to what I've seen.

On a side note, I would not advise eating at Sheppards. They are high priced and my daughter ordered a soda and it was $3.50!!!! With no free refills! What a rip off! Also, the I-Hop downstairs of the Quality has good food, but the orange juice for a child was $1.99. Just to keep that in mind in on a budget. A great place to eat (my family ate there 3 or 4 times) Gondiller's!!!! The best Italian food ever!

A great thing to do with children is Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise! We had soo much fun and saw a bunch of dolphins!

It is great having the Walgreens across the street as well!

My family is planning on returning to the Quality Hotel! It was a fabulous hotel and we are extremely happy with our stay!

Reviewed 27 July 2009

We just returned from 5 nights at the Quality on the Beach hotel. I don't even know where to start, we had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Aaron checked us in and even though I had asked for a room on the 5th floor, he said he was giving us his favorite room on the 4th floor, well upon arriving at the room we knew why, we had the corner unit which was basically all windows, front windows facing the inlet and side windows facing the Gulf. My teenagers thought the room was better than the room we had the previous week at Disney!!! The room was huge, 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa.

Housekeeping staff was also great, they give you everything you need, the room was spotless - they even leave beach towels in the room for you every day.

The pool is a nice size, plenty of chairs available. The hotel has its own beach also with plenty of lounge chairs available. There is a bar attached to the pool and an IHOP in the front of the restaurant. We did not have breakfast at the IHOP only lunch 2 days, from what I understand it gets quite crowded for breakfast.

There are plenty of things to do within walking distance, nice restaurants and minature golf directly across the street. The Gondilier(sp?) restaurant across the street is excellent for dinner, good pizza and italian dishes.

The Pier for sunset festivities is a little bit of walk and so is the public beach.

Several reviews talk about activities at the bar on Saturday and Sunday nights, we were only at the hotel from Monday night through early Saturday morning so we did not witness any of the partying or boat traffic that the weekends bring.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, we can't wait to return.

1  Thank Scrapbooker_in_PA
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We stayed for 5 days including a weekend. The hotel is in a great area. You can walk to to hotel's beach or the beautiful clearwater beach that is reserved for swimming. Across the street in mini-golf, as well as small stores and a walgreens. Hotel is nice and clean with a balcony looking onto the of gulf . The rooms have a nice size refrigerator to keep cold drinks. Beds were very comfortable.
The major problem we had was having loads of boats blocking their small beach, on the weekends. Boats were anchoring right were you step into the water. They didn't have a dock. The boats would take over and push swimmers out. The boaters had loud music and started partying among the other boaters. The smell of fuel was strong. This was worse on the weekend. We were surprised because this wasn't a busy time of the year-
Since we chose the hotel because it was on the beach, we were disappointed that there was nothing the security guards could do about the boat problem. We wouldn't go back because we like to hang out on the beach. The price was very reasonable. We would have rated the hotel much higher if we were able to use the beach. It was great that they had free wireless-

Reviewed 14 July 2009

My husband, 9 year old son and I stayed for one night at this hotel during our summer holiday to Orlando. We decided to have a couple of days at Clearwater as a break from the bustle of Orlando, and what a lovely relaxing time we had! I had researched this hotel on tripadvisor and was happy to book it. I am glad I did!! For the price I paid and the location of the hotel, I was well pleased!! The hotel was lovely, we were in a city-view room on the 5th Floor, but could see the sea from the balcony (it was great to have a balcony with 2 chairs and a table). The room was lovely, spacious, very clean and decorated in warm colours and the beds were so comfortable. More than enough drawer and wardrope space, an iron and iron board, a flat screen TV, full size fridge and microwave, a table and 2 chairs, and still loads of room to walk around in. The bathroom was small but well equipped with plenty of clean, soft towels and toiletries. Beach towels are also provided. There is a safe in the room (free of charge). There is complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby area. The pool area has sunbeds and my son just loved the pool. There is a private beach with loungers available (again, no charge), which is a big plus with this hotel. The sea water was warm and we watched dolphins swim up and down. We chose to stay on a Monday through to Tuesday to avoid the weekend influx of boats. During our time there only one boat docked near to the beach, so this wasn't a problem for us. There is also a Tiki Bar. When checking in we were given a car park pass to display in the car, as there are signs saying cars will be towed if no pass displayed, I don't know how strict this is monitored. The IHOP which is attached to the hotel is ideal for breakfast etc, we enjoyed the food. Walmart is across the road and there are also some souvenir shops. We had dinner in the Gondelier Restaurant just next to Walmart, and we enjoyed our meal there too. About 20 mins walk to Pier 60 and main beach, the Marina is also in this location where you can book boat trips. We had a very memorable time at Clearwater and were also happy with the hotel. A special thank you to Aaron Fraser on reception for his customer service and also providing an hour by hour weather report for me as a matter of courtesy without me even requesting this (we had a stormy, wet Tuesday and had to head back to Orlando earlier than we wanted to!!), very helpful indeed!! This goes a long way to making a good hotel a great hotel to stay in and we will indeed be returning to this hotel on our future trips to Clearwater.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Stayed for 3 nights in Clearwater. Unfortunately it was cold there so we couldn't do much beach stuff. The hotel was great, the staff was super friendly. Got a corner room with a beautiful view, beach was nice, may be small if you are going in summertime but big public beach a short walk down. Had a great vacation, can't wait to come back! Would definately come back again! Trip to Honeymoon State park was well worth the drive, beautiful beaches!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I took an impromptu Fourth of July Weekend /Berns Steakhouse trip. We tried to locate a hotel on Clearwater beach a day before the biggest holiday Beach weekend. The other hotels we would normally book were full to capacity. We were a bit reticent about this hotel but we trusted the Tripadvisor reviews. We had spectacular time soaking up the sun and libations under a palm tree. The room was clean and although we had to make a phone call at 3pm to have our ream cleaned, our request was tend to promptly. The IHOP was a plus after a day/night of "spirits". We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple